Community > Posts By > mskim28

mskim28's photo
Tue 01/20/09 07:04 AM
Okay, my daughter had the same problem, as many kids do. I was told that as long as she is not losing weight she was fine, but...I still worried. I did make her banana pancakes. Allyou do is slice bananas into little circles, dip them in pancake batter and make like mini pancakes. Serve with syrup or yogurt. She likes either and sometimes both. I read somewhere that a banana has everything a child really needs in a day. She loves bananas. Good luck. Also cheesy mashed potatoes (instant are easy and quick) are a good idea.

mskim28's photo
Tue 01/20/09 06:38 AM
Whether one believes what I do or not, this is what's wrong with the world today. People can continue to do things without having to follow through with the consequences of their actions. With no regard to the people around them, people keep doing what makes THEM happy. No one want to own up to what has happened. Just blow it off, just go to the clinic, no big deal. Forget the child that is dead, forget the child that is neglected (since we want to talk about that in this thread too), forget the people who cannot have a child and would give all they had to take care of that child (considering adoption is thousands and thousands of dollars through an agency). I know some people who were given a baby at the fair. At the fair! Those people had to go through a lot to get the custody, but they had been trying to adopt for years. That couple is undescribably happy. That is only one instance where an unwanted child now has the chance for life.

mskim28's photo
Mon 01/19/09 09:34 PM
My pastor just made a point in church on Sunday. When an abortion is done, it is robbing God of His glory. A person is taking it into his/her hands to take a life, a life that God had a purpose for. God has pirpose in all of our lives, and He had purpose for the millions of people who have been killed through abortion, regardless of the conception. If God allows a woman to conceive, then it is not up to anyone but God to determine the outcome of that person's life. The Virgin Mary was not raped nor had sex out of wedlock, bud she said whatever He wants of me I will do.

I am not trying to be some kind of hypocrite or knock what anyone else thinks. That is the belief of our doctrine (Baptist). Our bodies belong to Christ, not to ourselves. If God creates life, do not rob Him of His glory by killing that life.

mskim28's photo
Mon 01/12/09 08:57 PM
Okay, we all fall short of the glory of God. Is it wrong to have premarital sexual relations...yes. Is it wrong to have lustful thoughts...yes. Many things people do of the world are wrong. I know some try to be 'devout' and love God and are devoted to your faith. I am a Baptist. I know. But to even have a negative thought, let alone a lustful one, is sin as well. Anything that goes against the teachings of the Bible is wrong. The only perfect One to walk among us was and is Jesus. You said earlier you didn't want to ask for forgiveness. Even the fact that you are thinking about this, should make you want to ask for forgiveness. We should ask Him daily to forgive us. The devil is at work, hard at work to bring us way from God. The media requires you to look at a clothing add in a lustful way. Sin is everywhere unless you live in a box. Even then, idle hands, or minds, are those of the devil. I am by no means saying, act upon it, sin is everywhere anyways. I just have been reading posts,and I am wondering what makes you so much better the the rest of us Christians who love the Lord and don't want to displease him so much that I humble myself for the Lord. I know he loves me and everyone else, but I do not feel worthy of His love.

I am definately not meaning to be mean or knock anyone's faith. Just humble yourelf before the Lord. Do not be boastful about your good faith, for all fall short of the glory of God.

mskim28's photo
Tue 01/06/09 11:14 AM
Our God loves us, and he gives us trials to endure to ensure our focus upon him. The devil tempted Jesus in His walk in the wilderness, just as the devil tempts us. The only difference, Jesus is pure perfection, and we are not. That is why He had to die for us to be forgiven for the trials and temptations in which we gave in to. We may not understand why certain things happen, but we must trust in His will and ultimate plan. Having faith that someone you cannot physically see is very difficult. But just think, we must be pretty special. God made the planets and placed each star in the sky in just one day, but He is still working in our lives.

mskim28's photo
Mon 01/05/09 04:55 PM
Rocky Mountain Saddle Horses do not all have a nice disposition. I am sure that generally they are okay, but I have a horse boarding facility and one of our boarders has one. Temper, temper, temper. However, any breed of horse can be a good horse. Check on the disposition in their pedigree. Also treat them like a horse, please. Treating one all of the time and letting one walk all over you is a good way to create a monster. Have respect for each other. Horses are not just pets. Be careful.

mskim28's photo
Sat 01/03/09 02:23 PM
I have realized the liberation of this. I know you are lost, but just think...you can do exactly whatever you want to do. You can eat what you want to, talk to who you want to, listen to whatever kind of music you want to, etc. You have to decide what makes you happy and work towards that. Set your own goals and follow through. You don't have to check with her to see if it's okay. She didn't check with you about her choice. Keep looking foward, not back. There is a higher power at work in your life. You are meant to do something great, we all are.

mskim28's photo
Fri 01/02/09 08:31 PM
Edited by mskim28 on Fri 01/02/09 08:32 PM

mskim28's photo
Fri 01/02/09 08:31 PM
I want to tell you thank you for such kind and caring responses. Redneck29 you hit the nail on the head! But I had someone contact me through this site that is also going through it, and he is a pure blessing. I am healing. I am not blaming myself so much. And I am actually helping someone else too. Things will and are already getting better day by day. I thank all of you again. I, like casuality, went throught divorce as a child, and never wanted that for myself, but no one ever does. I have always been strong, and I paniced when I was broken. Each day and each conversation with my new friend brings healing. Those of you who are also going through this. Don't give up. Someone/something higher is at work in your life. Though it's not on our terms and we may not understand, it all has a purpose.

mskim28's photo
Thu 01/01/09 10:14 AM
My husband just recently asked me for a divorce. We have a 3 yr old little girl, and this is a shock. He has been living out of town for almost a year anyway, so really, what's the difference. Just kinda looking for someone who may know what I am going through who I can talk to.