Community > Posts By > One4meonly

One4meonly's photo
Thu 05/29/14 10:28 AM
I don't think its about being happy that we are single, but more the freedom to be single until we decide that we feel like getting emotionally obligated. But I do think that none of us really wants to be totally alone....

One4meonly's photo
Wed 05/28/14 10:39 AM
Edited by One4meonly on Wed 05/28/14 10:39 AM
I would not say that it is guaranteed. But I don't think jealousy in every instance is unwarranted. Maybe someone who cares enough to be territorial instead of obsessed might remain with you longer than someone more independent is my supposition. To me, a person who shows 'improper' jealousy suspects others without adequate cause or resents the sharing with another of what he unjustifiably claims as all his own. Slightly differently, an envious person discontentedly desires or covets the good fortune and attainments of others.

However, jealousy of someone toward his (or her) mate is good if it is a justified zeal for the mate'��s benefit and well-being. Like if some stranger is ignoring me while pawing my lady, then yes, my jealousy is warranted. Improper jealousy, or mistrust without reason or foundation, is wrong and lacking love, which can ruin relationships.

One4meonly's photo
Tue 05/27/14 05:08 PM
Friends first; that should be the base of any relationship, at any age. Good conversation, an ability to accept differances & not pass judgement. Mutual interests & the ability to try new things; that the you might not really care for. Accepting each other, with no hidden agenda or thoughts of, I can change that. Most of all the ability to understand each other's need to their own private time, when needed; NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

YES Sir! My thoughts exactly. And I will add that I wish for someone who is not all about what they mandate from me, but rather is interested in what is best for us BOTH. Like two hands washing one another with love soap. One cannot get clean satisfaction without the others help and support. Ok corny, but that's my opinion.

One4meonly's photo
Tue 05/27/14 04:21 PM
Yes I am also at that point. When I was younger and newly divorced, I thought all I needed was eye candy. But the problem was that many beautiful people tend to behave like some wealthy people: They may not get around to developing a personality or any character. But I also value those.

One4meonly's photo
Sun 05/25/14 03:37 PM

I've dated wealthy men, poor men, and everything in between. I've never been wealthy myself, and I don't expect a life filled with fancy material goods. There are far more important things than money or the random things it can buy.

Personally, what I look for a good heart, an agile mind, and a great personality. Looks are nice too, and I will admit there are certain "types" to which I'm attracted in that department as well as other things that turn me off, but I think that's normal for everyone, male or female...

This is certainly refreshing to hear nowadays. But I guess I notice the wrong kinds of women on and offline here where I live, because like you, they also claim not to be into material riches, but if I mention that I walk to work and don't earn a dope dealer's salary, they fade away, regardless of what I look like or sense of humor. (I think I hear footsteps walking away as I type this. Lol)

One4meonly's photo
Sun 05/25/14 03:31 PM
Today's newbie, checking it out to see if much different from PoF and others....