Community > Posts By > SailorMegs

SailorMegs's photo
Tue 12/30/08 09:50 PM
def the Panthers. Since the Cowboys couldnt make it...moment of silence....i hope its the Panthers

SailorMegs's photo
Tue 12/30/08 09:44 PM
what are some good plans in chicago...kinda near the train station area, or ohara. I get in fri and dont have anywhere to be until sun nite, so kinda want to go out and see the town.

SailorMegs's photo
Tue 12/30/08 09:41 PM

Welcome to IL, land of the great changing weather!

Where did you move from?

I'm on the Mississippi River about 2.5 hours southwest from Chicago! A week and a half ago we had -34 degree wind chills followed by 50 degree weather this past weekend! Gotta love the massive changes! I was born and raised here so I'm use to it, but as a newcommer, it may take you a while! That is if you ever get use to it!

I moved from NC, right outside of Raliegh. I thought it used to get cold here, like 30..now Im back home visiting for xmas and its like Indian Summer. I could go outside without jackets and thermals

Thanks for the info, guess im just gonna have to get used to it.

SailorMegs's photo
Tue 12/30/08 08:41 AM
umm, i dont know bc it sux if ure overseas serving your country and COC will rarely let u leave to fight for your kids or your marriage. and your estranged spouse uses your job against u to get the kids. thats not fair, ure doing what u have to do.

SailorMegs's photo
Tue 12/30/08 08:06 AM

I so agree.
I also have to laugh at the Polar Bear club up here. When I lived up north they would be breaking Ice in the lakes, or ports.. strip down to jump in I am sorry but that is damn cold. I have no desire to put this body through something like that.

I have seen people up here take off in their car for a 6 hour trip in the dead of winter-30 with no cold weather gear.

have to admit, i signed up to do that this year. it seems completley crazy but kinda fun...doin it with friends, so its like this group thing

SailorMegs's photo
Mon 12/29/08 09:50 PM

I would never have considered it being the fact I always dated older men however the older I get and remain single the younger the guys are who hit on me...and some of them are so phucking cute...........LOL

very very true. i get a lot of 18-19 year olds tho, and they really dont take no for an answer! but u gotta be able to buy me a drink at least.

SailorMegs's photo
Mon 12/29/08 09:46 PM
my personal prediction is i will quit smoking this year. the last nite of smoking is new years eve. ive been smoking for about 7 years, so hopin I can do it. its really only when i drink, i light up a lot.

general prediction is more and more troops being sent to Afghanistan and Iraq

SailorMegs's photo
Mon 12/29/08 09:20 PM
yeah, i did for a half the time. Then the rest I didnt. The last year was not even liking him

SailorMegs's photo
Mon 12/29/08 09:17 PM
a couple years is no biggie, but its still kinda weird. but like 5 or more years, i dont think so. its a huge double standard, but i couldnt date someone that much younger than me. if hes 5 years older than me tho its fine.

SailorMegs's photo
Mon 12/29/08 09:09 PM
Edited by SailorMegs on Mon 12/29/08 09:09 PM

and my other favorite water is vodka...laugh

yes, vodka is i think #2 on my list also, Dannon Springs is first. then maybe a little goose

SailorMegs's photo
Mon 12/29/08 08:27 PM
yes it was a bad bad game. cant even call it a game. they didnt even look like they wanted to be on that field. horrible way to end the season. at least go out doing your best...

SailorMegs's photo
Mon 12/29/08 08:19 PM

ill be typing and lil boxes pop up trying to search for a file or something else... then when i'm typing my curser goes somewhere else in a middle of a sentence i gotta erase it and go back to the end of what i was typing... if only i could put xp back in my computer i would!!! and its a newer vista just got my computer less than 2 weeks ago already dissapointed with it....

Do you have a Laptop or a PC?

If it's a Laptop all you have to do is turn of tapping on your touchpad, and perhaps turn the sensitivity a bit down. I'm using a normal mouse on mine, and with the alterations on the touchpad I don't have this problem anymore.

how do u turn it off, or down. mine does that to, or itll like automatically scroll the page all the way down when i want to just go down a bit.

SailorMegs's photo
Mon 12/29/08 08:05 PM
hey, im a temporary IL girl. what part are yall from? im like 45 mins away from chicago.

SailorMegs's photo
Mon 12/29/08 07:57 PM
Hey, so i moved to Chicago in August and it was nice. Now not so much, how do u get through a winter here? there is so much snow and its really cold and windy and how long is it going to last.

SailorMegs's photo
Mon 12/29/08 07:51 PM

Can not wait for this game tomorrow. Cowboys are so gonna beat the Eagles. Romos just gotta make sure this little flu thing does lead to him throwing more game winning interceptions.

So, if the Flu is going to lead Romo to throw the game-winning interception, how are the Cowboys going to "so beat the Eagles"?
Last time I checked, Romo played for the Cowboys, not the Eagles.

ok, i meant doesnt...i think u coulda gotten that. i was talking about how he threw that interception in the steelers game with like a min left and they ran it back for a td. i mean it didnt help anyway...

SailorMegs's photo
Sat 12/27/08 03:56 PM
Can not wait for this game tomorrow. Cowboys are so gonna beat the Eagles. Romos just gotta make sure this little flu thing does lead to him throwing more game winning interceptions.

SailorMegs's photo
Sat 12/27/08 03:50 PM
Hey, hope everyone had a good holiday..gearin up for New Years Eve. Hope everyones safe and I dont get into too much trouble! New to the site, just sayin Hi. Seems cool, we'll see...