Community > Posts By > scorpio90

scorpio90's photo
Mon 10/12/09 06:27 PM
........and I'm callin' it HighSkool!!!!! That's all I know right now.drinker laugh :tongue:

scorpio90's photo
Mon 10/12/09 03:48 PM

Many jazz musicians refer to the clarinet as "the misery stick".:tongue:

Why? ... Because it relays the pain, da blues??? ...

Yanno my daughter plays it, jazz fans say she has jazz 'it' ... shades

It's ALL about the un-definable IT factor, huh?

scorpio90's photo
Mon 10/12/09 03:40 PM

laugh :tongue:

scorpio90's photo
Mon 10/12/09 03:16 PM
Many jazz musicians refer to the clarinet as "the misery stick".:tongue:

scorpio90's photo
Mon 10/12/09 03:15 PM
...so what does all this have to do with SST Records? Well..,I'll tell ya'.....nada. Just put on side one of Husker Du's "New Day Rising" album ....O.K. ???? And play it LOUD!!!!!!....O.K.!!!!????:tongue:

scorpio90's photo
Mon 10/12/09 03:01 PM
Seriously....A paperback edition of Helter Skelter I found at a yard-sale this past week-end for a quarter. :tongue:

scorpio90's photo
Mon 10/12/09 02:56 PM

The name is familiar, but I'v only been to San Francisco once, so y'know...:tongue:
What's that matter? I've never been to San Fran ever.....laugh laugh laugh :tongue:

So you just know about the store from ads?huh
slaphead be seeing you

If I actually cared about your opinion, I'd be offended. Glad I don't.drinker
drinker Whatcha' readin' lately? :tongue:

scorpio90's photo
Mon 10/12/09 02:53 PM

they were pretty much jerks.

SO many famous artist folks that I've known/know ... are huge, jack~arse jerks in presentation!

Shocking sometimes to really know the arse behind the works of sheer beauty ... shocked

Many I've known seemed to get bitter as they were ostracized in their early years for 'being SO different ... the 'it' factor in hatching mode. The years before discovery and acknowledgement of their amazing potential seems to often unwittingly erode a personality!

By the time they hit fame? Often socially unpalatable ... surprised

... :angel: ... No, I won't know names ...some discretion for friendship's sake; I managed to squeeze under their barbed~wire front! Often a beautiful soul there lurking behind the caustic veneer! I do specialize in locating a soul's authentic essence though, not mere symptoms of angst and torture ... and new found fame and wealth ...

The daughter of the owner of Van Gogh's favored pub in France? Said he was a rude, mean bastard that stank to high heaven, a BEAST!
Yea!!! Actually I can TOTALLY imagine Van Gogh as one of the most un-pleasant people to be around in the world.!!!drinker :tongue:

scorpio90's photo
Mon 10/12/09 02:39 PM
.....and YES....it's still also a bookstore. :tongue:

scorpio90's photo
Mon 10/12/09 02:36 PM

Thurston and Kim used to bring their baby into my store. They used to buy my staff lunch. One of the guys in Dinosaur Jr.did sleep with one of my female employees. be seeing you
Cool. Yea....they're first girl is named Cocoa....appears on their Murray St. record cover....laugh :tongue: Sonic Youth is my favorite band on the planet. I've followed them forever....at least 20 years .....Best band on 8 legs....sometimes 10....

scorpio90's photo
Mon 10/12/09 02:32 PM
Uhhhmm...O.K. City Lights is not as much a bookstore or publishing house as it is a state of mind. It's the engine that's fueled all American alternative counter-culture since the late 40's...early 50's!
The Beatniks....the hippies...The Subterraneans....:tongue:

scorpio90's photo
Mon 10/12/09 02:16 PM

The name is familiar, but I'v only been to San Francisco once, so y'know...:tongue:
What's that matter? I've never been to San Fran ever.....laugh laugh laugh :tongue:

scorpio90's photo
Mon 10/12/09 02:14 PM
Yea. Thurston and wife Kim....cool people. Been doin' the DIY Alternative lifestyle forever. Some people think they're stuck-up, but I still think they're cool. :tongue:

scorpio90's photo
Mon 10/12/09 02:11 PM
.....are you telling me that yr' ALL illiterate!? C'mon....Ken Kesey....Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test.....Brave New World,...Doors of Perception.....?????!!!!

scorpio90's photo
Mon 10/12/09 02:01 PM

Damn Hippies!rofl Just kidding. 'Barfly' is one of my favorite films. be seeing you
Yea. Good movie Buk' wrote the screenplay, Mickey Roarke played him to a tee.....drinker :tongue:

scorpio90's photo
Mon 10/12/09 01:57 PM
frustrated frustrated frustrated
BOOKS! They do a body good.:tongue:

scorpio90's photo
Mon 10/12/09 01:50 PM

I can't watch youtube.....:angry:
Sorry to hear that, brother. How are you doin' today? :tongue:

I'm doing well. Just trying to get through my workday. Ever been to Billy's BBQ in Lexington?
Billy's BBQ? Of Course! :tongue:

scorpio90's photo
Mon 10/12/09 01:48 PM
Seriously.....does anybody read anymore or what????!:tongue:

scorpio90's photo
Mon 10/12/09 01:47 PM
God....now I gotta' get all trivial.... O.K. Lake Of Fire, Plateau,and other various songs recorded on Nirvana's Un-Plugged CD were actually songs by a band From Pheonix AZ called The Meat Pupetts. Henry Rollins....the intense lookin' guy you sometimes see on VH1...well....he used to sing with a little band called Black Flag!!!!!....anybody...SST Records.....Bad Brains, Buffalo Tom, OverKill, fIREHOSE....etc...

scorpio90's photo
Mon 10/12/09 01:39 PM

I can't watch youtube.....:angry:
Sorry to hear that, brother. How are you doin' today? :tongue:

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25