Community > Posts By > AlchemistZ7

AlchemistZ7's photo
Wed 12/24/08 11:03 AM
Edited by AlchemistZ7 on Wed 12/24/08 11:03 AM

Now, in my life, I need a primary partner who is also my best friend. Friendship takes time to develop. Its best to be friends first. How does another person, especially a man, know when a woman wants nothing more than friendship?

How do you solve this dilemma - of not getting involved with someone who is not right for you just because the chemistry is there, but yet having that attraction, chemistry, and romantic love for someone you want to grow slowly in friendship with, too? How can an attractive woman (usually) in good conscience, do that without breaking hearts?

If someone knows the answer to that, please share it with me.

The Answer, from my experience, is to make up your mind quickly how you feel about the guy, and be honest and up front about it from the start. Only when the guy knows where he stands can he decide whether he wants to form a platonic friendship with you.

It's also crucial that he be honest with you if he does want more. This doesn't immediately bar you from friendship with him, but it means that it's important that you not act in a way that would send the wrong message and encourage those feelings.

If your unsure, then tell him that too!

When in doubt, it's easier to move from friendship into a relationship than vice-versa.

AlchemistZ7's photo
Wed 12/24/08 10:50 AM
I used to wait to have sex purely on a moral standing, but now I wait until I really have a solid, loving relationship with someone before sex simply because without love, sex is empty and hollow. It only achieves it's full beauty when both partners are committed and in love.