Community > Posts By > micky45

micky45's photo
Sat 02/07/09 09:35 PM
I'm an old fogey but I say get the marriage thing out of the way (either make it better or finalize the separation) before you flounce around the dating game. You owe it to your kid(s)and yourself to get things straight before you move on. You're a cute guy and if your insides are also good and honest, you won't have any problems finding a good woman when the time is right.

"Mom"

micky45's photo
Mon 12/29/08 06:24 PM
I am a nurse with a critical care background. As I said, there is no easy answer. "Redshirt's" suggestion about talking to the hospital chaplain or social worker is a good suggestion. Since your grandmother can mouth words and is off her sedation, perhaps she can respond to simple questions with a nod. Meanwhile - find support for yourself in dealing with this.

micky45's photo
Mon 12/29/08 06:14 PM
I'm so sorry about your grandmother. This is always very hard for families - each of you has a unique relationship with your grandmother and their own personal ideas about the right thing to do. I hope if I am ever in this predicament, my family will respect my wishes - honor my living will, etc. If your grandmother can communicate in any way (if she is not in a coma) then ask her what she wants you to do. Also - hospitals usually have a Bio-ethics Committee. This group can help you come to an agreement and decide on the right thing to do for your grandmother. My prayers are with you.