Community > Posts By > blueyedgal4554

blueyedgal4554's photo
Sun 03/30/14 05:46 AM
you can set the age settings on emails as well as search criteria. They will be everywhere tho. including the forums. Just roll your eyes and gag privately. :tongue: thats what I do....well sometimes I dont keep it as private.

I hear you. Not sure I am up to sorting through the crap to find the gems. Life is to short.

blueyedgal4554's photo
Sun 03/30/14 05:41 AM
Unfortunately, some individuals (men and women) see being on line as an excuse to say things that they would not ever consider saying face to face with someone. Regardless of the forum, respect and common courtesy should always apply. Am I old fashioned? Maybe. My "Block User" has become my best friend on this site. How sad it that.

blueyedgal4554's photo
Sun 03/30/14 05:15 AM

Are there no older men (to clarify; 50 - 59) who are looking for a serious relationship with women of the same age anymore? The only men that seem to contact me are not much older than my son. Scary.
They figure older women are easier to use. Theyre hoping you will think its flattery. It happens constantly online.

Being new to this site, it is a little disconcerting that so many guys think an older woman online means she is an easy mark. I have raised two sons, don't want to raise the son of someone else. Any way to filter the chat function?

blueyedgal4554's photo
Sun 03/30/14 05:03 AM

I have tried to walk the woman on the inside and tell
them that means she's 'available' but they forget and don't care what side they walk on, so now I just slap a 'for sale by owner' sign on their back as we walk.whoa

Okay, this gentlemanly jester dates back to the horse and buggy day when men walked on the "outside" to protect the woman. As most individuals would not know the "taken, not taken" implication of this, I really wouldn't get that hung up on it.

blueyedgal4554's photo
Sat 03/29/14 08:35 PM
Are there no older men (to clarify; 50 - 59) who are looking for a serious relationship with women of the same age anymore? The only men that seem to contact me are not much older than my son. Scary.

blueyedgal4554's photo
Sat 03/29/14 08:12 PM
You have to ask that? Really? Chivalry never goes out of style, at least with our generation (and I hate to date myself, but it is what it is). A woman still likes to be treated like a lady.