Community > Posts By > saymarian

saymarian's photo
Wed 11/21/12 10:33 PM
Turn your picture right side up and maybe add another photo or two. Also "love activities" is not very specific... literally anything you do is an activity. Sports? Hiking? Surfing? Road trips? Cooking? Camping? Trying new things?

saymarian's photo
Wed 11/21/12 10:18 PM
Hey,

I've been browsing profiles for men on here but maybe the same goes for women.

I just want to say, when your general "attention grabber" intro headline or bio just says "I'll fill it in later/bored/hey/etc", it doesn't say much about you or do much to make you stand out. It just seems like you really don't care, so why should anyone else?

Also not great to hint at relationship baggage and issues in these areas, where you are making your first impression. Saying things like looking for an honest person FOR ONCE, or prove me wrong and show me there is such a thing as a decent girl... this sort of thing comes across as kind of sad and off-putting as far as first impressions go.

Couple more things. First, if your profile says you are looking for dating or relationships, your username or profile blurb probably shouldn't say things like lets ****, looking for hot chicks, etc. If you are, change your profile to reflect that, otherwise again you come across as insulting or won't be taken seriously. Also be careful just saying "lets have fun" because its hard to know if you're expecting general fun or friends with bennies fun.

Guys, if you're going to post pictures of yourself, make sure there is at least one or two good, clear pictures of your face, reasonably close up, WITHOUT YOUR SUNGLASSES ON. What are you hiding?? We will wonder.

Lots of spelling errors make you sound less intelligent, proof read.

Just consider this... does your username come across as genuine or intriguing, or does it make you sound egotistical or womanizing? Think about how you're coming across, if you actually care about getting attention.

If not then go on and do whatever you want.

Hope this helps. Comment if you agree or disagree?