Community > Posts By > redbeard1369

redbeard1369's photo
Mon 01/19/09 08:50 PM

To me it's still married. And since I have old school thinking, in a way I can see it as cheating as well. I know that's a bit of a stretch. However, there's nothing wrong with making friends that just so happen to start dating as soon as the divorce is final!

So it it about a piece of paper or the intent?

How can it be cheating if we don't live together anymore and have no intent of ever living together again?

redbeard1369's photo
Mon 01/19/09 08:48 PM
If it matters, the catalyst for asking is that I recently received an email from someone I had been talking with on a dating site, that noticed after several exchanges of emails, that my profile said "separated." She informed me that she didn't date "married guys."

Since I didn't hide the fact, I was a little surprised.

redbeard1369's photo
Mon 01/19/09 08:40 PM
Even though I know that there is no chance of reconciliation? and that the only reason that the divorce isn't final is because I chose to delay filing in order to cover my soon-to-be-ex for medical until she finished school and could get on her own two feet?

If that's the case, why have a category on dating sites for "separated?"

redbeard1369's photo
Mon 01/19/09 08:36 PM
Question for all the ladies on here. What is the line between "married" and "separated" for you? I've seen some women respond that "separated" means "still married". Others don't care either way. (hmmm?) In my case, I am separated and waiting for the courts to finalize the divorce. I'm ready to move on and start looking for another relationship, but appear to be hampered by telling the truth and stating that I am "separated".

Am I better off waiting until the divorce is final and I can state categorically "divorced?"

If anyone wants more specifics to provide a better answer, please email my profile.

Thanks.

redbeard1369's photo
Mon 01/12/09 08:36 PM
My daughter dragged me to them in concert. I thought I was going to vomit.

redbeard1369's photo
Mon 01/12/09 08:34 PM
deja vu?????

redbeard1369's photo
Fri 01/02/09 08:04 PM

You're gonna have a hard time finding someone being seperated "still married."

I know I'm on the wrong side to be objective, but the difference is just a matter of time for the courts to finish the paperwork.

redbeard1369's photo
Fri 01/02/09 07:53 PM
Bring it on and "rate my profile"

Thanks all