Community > Posts By > GAB11

no photo
Tue 12/08/09 10:55 AM
It could just be your ram. My brother had the same problem.He has a dell. I told him it could be his memory or ram. Sure enough thats what it was.

I told him to pull one out and then reboot. Then it booted up. Try that. Pull one or your ram out and reboot. If that dont work, put it back and remove the other ram then reboot. One of your rams may be bad.

Your computer will give your a beeping code when you boot up to tell what is wrong with your computer. Just count the beeps lets say,

one beep then two quick beeps then one slow beep. Then look up your beep code for your mother board on the internet. But try removing the ram first.

no photo
Mon 02/02/09 04:44 PM
Edited by GAB11 on Mon 02/02/09 05:14 PM
Seems to me that automatic updates was disabled for some reason.

Go to your Services and devices. Right click My

Computer..go to Device Manager and click on

Services and Applications.(another way is to Open up Control panel>>device manager> then select
services and applications.(some windows will say: Services and Devices)

Open it up and you should see a long list of

items displayed under the Service collum. Just

Look for AUTOMATIC UPDATES on the list.

Locate Automatic Updates. It should say Running on the far right hand side of it.

If it doesn't, just right click Automatic Updates

and select Start or restart. Check Start first.

It should now say running.

You should be good to go now.

no photo
Mon 01/26/09 06:27 PM
Just do a system restore. Pick a date the day before or sometime earlier when you noticed the partion gone.

Start>>All Programs>>System tools>> click on system restore.

Pick an earlier date on the calender that it will show you. Lets say you noticed the partition gones on 1/24. Just pick 1/23 or and earlier date.

System restore will restore you computer to that working state. Partitions and all. Just kick back and system restore do it all. You will have to reboot when it is done. You cant mess up your computer doing a system restore. It is ez and its free.

A+,network+,Microsoft Professional,Server 2003 certified.

no photo
Wed 01/07/09 06:17 PM
You can try and do a system restore.

Just go to start > all programs > system tools>

system restore then choose: restore my computer to an earlier state > click next.
Just restore your computer to an earlier date when your computer was running fine.

Lets say your computer was running great on 11/06
just choose that date or an earlier date on the
calender that it will show you.

The computer will do the reset and restore your computer to that working date. Dont worry you cant mess up your comptuter doing this. If this dont fix the lag then just go back and reset your computer to the current date. Lets say you do the system restore on 11/7 then just go back and restore it to that date by going back to the system restore setting and choosing 11/07 on the calender and you'll be right back where you started from.

Its easier than you think. The computer will do everything.