Community > Posts By > gorgo1973

gorgo1973's photo
Mon 12/15/08 09:15 PM
There are scammers on here from Russia that you need to be aware of. Here are clues to if they are a scammer.
1. The message the scammer will send you is this: "Hi. I am moving into your area and would like a friend there...." Something to that extent.
2. Check that person to see if there is a picture and profile info. If there is not, then this IS a scammer.
3. If you do give them some info about you like an email address they will send you an email later (because the scammer is scamming more victums at the time) they will say "Hi! Thank's a lot for your answer! I could not answer you earlier. I did not see your letter. It has been placed in spam folder. I do not know why it happens. Probably it is a mistake of a server. I will disconnect spam filter." Be on the look out for that.

There are TWO countries that do scamming a lot. They are Russia and Ghana. In the end they will try to get you to send money for a plane ticket that they look up on websites to see the price. They are pretty elaborate and try to get in your head. If you stop it at number 1 then you can report them here. NEVER NEVER NEVER send money to anyone unless you have SEEN them in real life and know them.