Community > Posts By > InvictusV

InvictusV's photo
Sun 05/10/15 04:34 PM
Edited by InvictusV on Sun 05/10/15 04:41 PM
It was a great day friday.. The fly over the mall was very impressive.

InvictusV's photo
Thu 05/07/15 06:46 PM

"free speech" has limit so its not totally "free"

Malarkey!mad

actually hate speech is a crime (United States) but I do not know the details. Also there is liable. Your free speech cannot falsely defame.

2011. Snyder vs Phelps

The Supreme Court ruled 8-1 hate speech was protected under the first amendment as long as it didn't promote imminent violence.

http://www.uscourts.gov/educational-resources/get-involved/constitution-activities/first-amendment/protests-flash-mobs/facts-case-summary.aspx

right so the KKK can parade and hold rallies (speeches) but their speech cannot provoke violence. Sounds about right....this all went on in Cincinnati a few years ago but again I can't recall all the details. Cincy is pretty conservative ...they outlaw whatever they want....kinda like a north Texas outpost lol (JK)

I am also thinking there is more case law... I really think the jury is probably still out on this. There is usually enough case law in these types of discussions to support more than one outlook jmho

No one should be ok with limiting speech just because you don't like what they say..

All klan rallies are met with counter rallies that usually are much much larger. That's how you repudiate stupidity not by banning it.

InvictusV's photo
Thu 05/07/15 06:43 PM

Where were we with this?
Where are we now?
Where are we headed?
Comments...?

58% of US Muslims Want Free Speech To Be Illegal So Can You Be Muslim AND American?

wizbangblog.com/2015/05/06/58-of-us-muslims-want-free-speech-to-be-
illegal-so-can-you-be-muslim-and-
american/

Uh, that Wizbang blog post was written by a blogger who relied on the infamous World Net Daily tabloid for his information.

WND, in turn, relied on a controversial pollster who has a very poor reputation as a pollster, one who has produced grossly-inaccurate polling data.

No, I don't trust that cited poll.

WND itself is infamous for reporting false claims. I find that site to be untrustworthy.

By the way, I'm also a blogger at Wizbang.
I was blogging there before the aforementioned blogger started blogging there.

The first thing that crosses my mind when I see Ed Brayton is reliable trustworthiness and unbiased...

Oh wait... He's a left wing hack... Never mind...

Uh, who is Ed Brayton?

Your link to freethoughts blog?

Ed Brayton runs it... He's a far left hack..

I'm not fan of Farrah but using a far left hack to show that a far right hack is a bad guy is pretty funny.

I didn't pay any attention to the background of the source I cited.

Anyway, Wenzel Strategies is clearly in bed with the right-wing extremist tabloid World Net Daily, which has repeatedly promoted false claims.

I consider it a mistake to base a claim only on what that particular site says.

Also, I am not alone in my distrust of Wenzel Strategies.

See FiveThirtyEight's Pollster Ratings.

No big deal... I don't like Farrah or Brayton..

InvictusV's photo
Thu 05/07/15 05:48 PM

Where were we with this?
Where are we now?
Where are we headed?
Comments...?

58% of US Muslims Want Free Speech To Be Illegal So Can You Be Muslim AND American?

american/

Uh, that Wizbang blog post was written by a blogger who relied on the infamous World Net Daily tabloid for his information.

WND, in turn, relied on a controversial pollster who has a very poor reputation as a pollster, one who has produced grossly-inaccurate polling data.

WND itself is infamous for reporting false claims. I find that site to be untrustworthy.

The first thing that crosses my mind when I see Ed Brayton is reliable trustworthiness and unbiased...

Uh, who is Ed Brayton?

Your link to freethoughts blog?

Ed Brayton runs it... He's a far left hack..

I'm not fan of Farrah but using a far left hack to show that a far right hack is a bad guy is pretty funny.

InvictusV's photo
Thu 05/07/15 05:44 PM

"free speech" has limit so its not totally "free"

Malarkey!mad

actually hate speech is a crime (United States) but I do not know the details. Also there is liable. Your free speech cannot falsely defame.

2011. Snyder vs Phelps

The Supreme Court ruled 8-1 hate speech was protected under the first amendment as long as it didn't promote imminent violence.

http://www.uscourts.gov/educational-resources/get-involved/constitution-activities/first-amendment/protests-flash-mobs/facts-case-summary.aspx

InvictusV's photo
Thu 05/07/15 05:29 PM

Where were we with this?
Where are we now?
Where are we headed?
Comments...?

american/

InvictusV's photo
Thu 05/07/15 09:58 AM
I think they just wanted a charge since the woman can't speak. If she recovers I think his a$$ is done.

InvictusV's photo
Thu 05/07/15 09:07 AM
He has been charged.

InvictusV's photo
Wed 05/06/15 07:32 PM

I am sure these are scam artists that were using the Masonic name to provide cover for their criminal enterprise.

They ask for donations on their 'website'...haha

your probably right, i just wonder how long they were doing this, and how noone noticed before that there was a "masonic fraternal police department" hahaha you would think that would be something that would stick out right away.

You are right, but you have to remember that there are private police forces. The article mentions that the red flag was during a meeting in which one of them didn't know what their jurisdiction was.

Where I lived a few years ago had a private police force. When they started it the cops had to drive their own cars.. That was pretty funny..

InvictusV's photo
Wed 05/06/15 05:46 PM
I am sure these are scam artists that were using the Masonic name to provide cover for their criminal enterprise.

They ask for donations on their 'website'...haha

InvictusV's photo
Wed 05/06/15 04:23 PM

millions of gun lovers would disagree

who say guns are a necessity for protection,, not planning to use, but having it in case its needed

yes,, your right. Just like this guy needed it for. right . To protect him from being arrested for carrying a ILLEGAL weapon

And BYW I have lived there my whole life. And witnessed my share of people being arrested.. never once did I see a cop draw his gun for a routine arrest. They don't jump out of the car guns draws.

Did these cops do that?

my point is I don't know what these cops did,, no one but those present know

and those living in a dangerous area keep guns for protection just like those in suburbs do

I am happy you have come from the dark side and now no longer support gun control.. Well done..

lol,,its called being objective

I'm all for gun control,,

I understand some people have them for protection and are responsible enough to be trusted with them

I'm not for all out restriction free gun ownership,, we have too many embittered, paranoid, and impulsive people and people lacking anger control to arm them all

Gun control... the war on drugs.... blah blah blah....

InvictusV's photo
Wed 05/06/15 04:05 PM

millions of gun lovers would disagree

who say guns are a necessity for protection,, not planning to use, but having it in case its needed

yes,, your right. Just like this guy needed it for. right . To protect him from being arrested for carrying a ILLEGAL weapon

And BYW I have lived there my whole life. And witnessed my share of people being arrested.. never once did I see a cop draw his gun for a routine arrest. They don't jump out of the car guns draws.

Did these cops do that?

my point is I don't know what these cops did,, no one but those present know

and those living in a dangerous area keep guns for protection just like those in suburbs do

I am happy you have come from the dark side and now no longer support gun control.. Well done..

InvictusV's photo
Wed 05/06/15 03:49 PM

last i heard they still do stop and frisk on regular occasion, i could be wrong but i thought they still did it because they feel its not unconstitutional to stop random people and search them like we live in nazi germany. ill have to look it up but i thought they still did it regularly. either way tho IMO someone adjusting their waist band is not a justifiable reason to stop someone walking down the street.

just looked it up seems they still do it but have cut down by 99% of the people they stop. people are always going to kill people, thats never going to change, should we all give up our rights because some people die? IMO hell no. if your afraid of getting killed, by yourself a weapon, train yourself with that weapon and use that weapon if you have to, simple as that.

The numbers are down 99% from 2 years ago..

InvictusV's photo
Wed 05/06/15 03:37 PM
I am not a fan of stop and frisk.

However, since the practice has almost ended entirely there is an increase in the number of shootings in NYC.

Who is to say that this guy would be carrying that weapon if the practice was still in place as it was a few years ago.

I don't live in NYC and they voted in a communist as mayor. You reap what you sow.

InvictusV's photo
Wed 05/06/15 10:59 AM
no thanks...

InvictusV's photo
Tue 05/05/15 08:40 PM

Well... a bit over the top with dramatics but I so want the wand..
The things I can do with it...pitchfork

hmmmmm

What!!! its the best I can do I am an Alaskan, I hunt fish, gather and grow
as much of my own food as possible...

but I still want the wand...

I am not questioning your motives.

InvictusV's photo
Tue 05/05/15 08:23 PM

Well... a bit over the top with dramatics but I so want the wand..
The things I can do with it...pitchfork

hmmmmm

InvictusV's photo
Tue 05/05/15 06:51 PM
One day the earth will cleanse itself of what humans have done.

The way things are today will look nothing like what it will be 25,000 years from now.

InvictusV's photo
Tue 05/05/15 06:19 PM

I'd rather have no response at all than a negative response. Why would I want someone to write to me to tell me they are not interested in me?
see I have this happen sometimes
I politely say not intersted
and the next response will be
can I ask why not?

.Ou Ou * raises hand* I know this answer *

Because when a man says NO to another man. It means NO.
When a woman says NO, some guys think it means NEGOTIATION

The nigerian scammers work hard for that money

InvictusV's photo
Tue 05/05/15 04:22 PM

i had to take a mouth swab drug test for a job i had, i wonder it thats going to end up in a government database somewhere. i thought about that for a while but from what i read they dont share information with any third parties. but i guess ancestry said the same thing and look what they did. orwellian state here we come.

i wonder if they get your DNA from a mouth swab drug test? something i will have to google.

good luck with that..

what do you mean good luck? can you elaborate a bit?

saliva for drug tests are limited to detecting the drugs if you used them within the previous 24 hours. If you smoked marijuana 48 hours before a saliva test it won't be a positive.

they have kits that extract the DNA from saliva and it can be saved for a long period of time.

yea yea i understand the drug test part of it, my question is though, do they only test for drugs or do they also take the sample and run a DNA test on it and save it in some database?

I would've expected NO different response from you, T.

wasnt meant to be rude everybody has their own opinion, im just saying if they are taking my saliva for a "drug test" and then testing it for DNA and logging it in some database i think thats a little messed up. if you volunteer to give them the sample specifically for the DNA aspect of it then thats a different story.

Ask them what they do with the sample after they run the drug test... I doubt they can extract the DNA without you signing a consent form.... But this is a new era so...

well you do have to sign a form when you take the drug test, as far as i know it didnt say anything about testing DNA and storing it in some database. but then again i dont remember as i just kind of read through it real quick, most people didnt read it at all.

Probably should read those things now since they want to store as much data as they possible can.