Tue 07/15/14 06:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE8ooMBIyC8

no photo
Sat 07/12/14 08:40 AM
Generalizations are annoying.

no photo
Fri 07/11/14 06:41 PM
Edited by Jaxxxxxxxxx on Fri 07/11/14 06:42 PM

Happened many times after heavy partying.

Wake up, look over and ask," Who the hell are you and were are my clothes?"

Heavy partying leads to many question the morning after...Where am I and how did I get here???

no photo
Fri 07/11/14 08:21 AM
Sadly most of them animals in the meat,eggs and dairy industry are so poorly mistreated.Sure there are many farms who grows them in good conditions and care.but they are the minority.
Being hungry has nothing to do with what you eat in the western world unless you are really poor.There are lots of alternatives.
does not seem to me its a hunger issue cause look at the number of obesity in our world.People eat much more than what their body is capable or need.

no photo
Fri 07/11/14 08:07 AM
Good Morning :smile: Good Evening biggrin and Good night...yawn

no photo
Thu 07/10/14 08:21 PM
Have you considered switching to a plant based diet? you are not that far from it as i can see.

no photo
Thu 07/10/14 07:41 PM

I'm praying for israel...

Even though i never say any prayers,Thank you for your prayers...:smile:

no photo
Thu 07/10/14 07:28 PM
Welcome back to the club. waving

no photo
Thu 07/10/14 07:13 PM
I see what you are saying but I don't think that its a good justification to do so just because they don't know better.
They may not think of how their lives could of been in nature but if you look at those who been rescued from the industry you will notice a big change in their behavior.
Also there is a big reason why all the slaughter houses are far away from the public view. We get to go and buy the product without really knowing where it came from and what was in the process of turning a living thing into a product.
I wonder how many people will eat while watching a mass slaughter during their meal.I mean some people can't even stand the sight of blood.its easy to pay others to do the horrors we refuse to take part of.
Eat what you wish but at least be aware where your food comes from and what it had to go through before reaching your plate.cause most people have no clue they eat because they were told to.

no photo
Wed 07/09/14 09:27 PM
Good luck with that.

no photo
Wed 07/09/14 09:11 PM
"Rather than growing food to meet the needs of local communities for a healthy, diverse diet, industrial agriculture produces crops to sell on world markets. While world crop production has trebled since the 1950s, more people go hungry now than 20 years ago. Small family farmers are driven off their land and local people cannot afford to buy what is grown. Too often, the result is a downward spiral of environmental destruction, poverty and hunger.

Food security will not be achieved by technical fixes, like genetic engineering (GE). People who need to eat need access to land on which to grow food or money with which to buy food. Technological 'solutions' like GE mask the real social, political, economic and environmental problems responsible for hunger.

The case of Argentina, the number two producer of GE crops in the world and the only developing country growing GE food crops on a large commercial scale, shows that GE does not lead to an increase in food security. Millions of tons of GE soya are exported every year from Argentina for cattle feed, while millions of Argentineans go hungry.

The real causes of hunger

Poverty and lack of access to resources

Hunger and malnutrition are a direct result of a lack of access to, or exclusion from, productive resources, such as land, the forests, the seas, water, seeds, technology and credit. Seventy-five percent of the world's hungry are politically marginalised people who live in rural areas. An example of the grossly unequal distribution of land that directly contributes to hunger: in Latin America, 80 percent of agricultural land is in the hands of 20 percent of the farmers; the other 20 percent of the land is in the hands of the remaining 80 percent.

Unfair trade regimes

The current agricultural trade system puts the South in an impossible situation. The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) annual state subsidies of their national agricultural sectors exceed Sub-Saharan Africa's entire Gross Domestic Product. Subsidised exports, artificially low prices and WTO legalised dumping by the rich countries characterise the current unfair model of agricultural trade faced by poor countries.

Orientation of research towards industrial agriculture rather than towards the needs of marginal farmers

Research often neglects the development of agricultural techniques that reduce the inputs needed and that are easy to control. Agricultural research at international and national levels is highly orientated towards industrial agriculture."

no photo
Wed 07/09/14 09:06 PM
"Most hungry people live in countries that have food surpluses rather than deficits. According to the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO), we are already producing one and a half times the amount of food needed to provide everyone in the world with an adequate and nutritious diet, yet one in seven people is suffering from hunger."

no photo
Wed 07/09/14 08:58 PM
A little over 7 billion but who's counting.

no photo
Wed 07/09/14 08:36 PM

more like unnecessary food.no wonder why so many people get sick.ignorance.

who is to say it is 'unncessary'?...lol

who determines that?

with all the famine in the world,, who determines what is 'necessary' when it comes to the basic biological need for food?

I respect peoples choice to have the diet they choose to have, but it seems like extreme propoganda to try to make people believe they are somehow doing something 'unnecessary' to decide they will eat meat.

There is enough food to feed the whole world.the problem is with the distribution.one side has more than it can handle and let another side die from starvation because its not profitable to feed those who can't afford it. has nothing to do with dietary choice but simple logic.

no photo
Wed 07/09/14 08:08 PM
more like unnecessary food.no wonder why so many people get sick.ignorance.

no photo
Wed 07/09/14 07:57 PM

Is there really a different between all living beings? don't they all deserve to live in peace? how can we love one kind but eat the other? they all want to live! They all have feelings and emotions.

animals 'deserve' to survive until they die or are eaten,, thats the natural cycle. They even eat each other.

How humane we are in our process is another matter, but that we eat some animals is just natural.

It is customary to eat cattle, and poultry, and fish. I cant attest for people who eat rodents like squirrel, or possum, etc,,,,lol

But it is the fate of animals to die and usually be eaten.

Their fate in nature is not the same as the fate of the animals living in the industry.they don't live free and natural life.
I can't see the natural cycle in it.just for the record we slaughter about 150 billion animals a year for food.

animals don't live 'in the industry', they live in their natural habitat and are HUNTED and used for food,,,,

they also live in cattle that are bred for food, cattle that if left in nature would likewise end up as food.

even we, as humans, become food for the maggots,, its the natural destiny of life,,,

Do you think all the meat you buy in the supermarket was growing naturally? are you serious? in which planet you live on?

"Update to numbers in article: the USDA slaughter stats, but at the end of the article are more thorough numbers: animal killed for Americans' food. This number includes animals that die for reasons other than slaughter (like layer hens and discarded male layer chicks, most of which are not slaughtered), and in also includes animals killed abroad whose meat is imported to the US. Most of all, it includes sea animals, which the USDA numbers don't include, but which add a lot.

USDA slaughter stats 2008

Cattle: 35,507,500
Pigs: 116,558,900
Chickens: 9,075,261,000
Layer hens: 69,683,000
Broiler chickens: 9,005,578,000
Turkeys: 271,245,000

Animals used for food production account for 97% of all animals killed in US slaughterhouses, labs, pounds, and open spaces. Although they are capable of experiencing most feelings that we and our beloved companion animals do, farmed animals are view and treated by the meat, dairy, and egg industries as mere tools of production.

The number of animals killed in the US reached a new record in 2000, and the number is expected to continue rising, according to the USDA's National Agriculture Statistics Survey (NASS). The overall rise was driven by a massive switch to consumption of chicken flesh. Moreover, one in ten farm animals died of stress induced disease or injury before slaughter. None of these figures include fish, which are not counted by any government agency.

According to NASS reports and expert interviews, 8,792,000,000 "broiler" chickens and 492,700,000 "layer" hens were killed for food in 2000, as well as 304,000,000 turkeys and 26,100,000 ducks, for a total of 9,551,000,000 birds, and is expected to continue to rise.

Among mammals 41,700,000 cows and calves were killed for food in 2000, as well as 115,200,000 pigs and 4,300,000 sheep, for a total of 161,200,000. These stats are also expected to continue to rise.

Thus, the total number of all animals killed for food in 2000 was 9.7 billion.

In more personal terms, the average American meat-eating man, woman, and child subsidize the abuse and slaughter of over 37 animals per year. It's much more if they eat sea dwelling animals). That's 2,800 animals in a 75-year lifetime. This number includes 2,630 chickens and ducks, 123 turkeys, 32 pigs, 13 cows and calves, and 2 sheep. None of these figures include fish, lobster, crab, or other aquatic animals.

One dirty little secret of today's agribusiness industry is that 857,000,000 or nearly 8.8 perfect of the total, suffered lingering deaths from disease, malnutrition, injury, or suffocation, associated with today's factory farming practices.

In addition, 212,000,000 male "layer" chicks were discarded shortly after birth, since males can not lay eggs and are not of the right genetic breeding to be valuable for meat production. Usually the male chicks are ground up alive or discarded to suffocate to death in plastic garbage bags. Investigators have even found live chicks that have been dumped directly into hatchery dumpsters."

no photo
Wed 07/09/14 07:03 PM

It's not even good when Bambi does it.

Bambi twerk lol!
rofl

no photo
Wed 07/09/14 06:50 PM
I don't know how it is possible to stay in a long distance relationship.Its too hard for me to imagine.

no photo
Wed 07/09/14 06:39 PM
http://myfreemp3.eu/

Probably not the best but you can find a lot of music in it.

no photo
Wed 07/09/14 06:35 PM

trust me you get hungry enough..
your little pet dog fluffy.. is going to start looking pretty appetizing....lol

I would kill anything that moves for survival.i would eat you too if hungry enough.I bet you taste like pork..
...no.. more like beef..frustrated

Whatever,any flavor goes while starving.For your sake lets hope I don't get that hungry.

Previous 1 3