Community > Posts By > panther1972

panther1972's photo
Tue 12/02/08 08:14 AM
Actually I posted this for those that may be here that are in an open marriage. It wasnt to solicit opinions from those who are not.

panther1972's photo
Tue 12/02/08 08:09 AM
No I am not being recruited by anyone. We have set up rules to go by. Neither of us bring anyone around our child and we put family obligations before any other. I was looking for other people in this type of relationship to talk with because it is almost impossible to talk with most people because they are so closed minded about things all they want to do is condemn you. Which is what Im getting here. I do not have a problem with people who dont share my views. I do have a problem with people who can not look at all views though.

panther1972's photo
Tue 12/02/08 07:51 AM
Im not going to defend what I am doing. It works for us. My actual post was to anyone currently in an open marriage. Unless you have had to deal with something like this you cannot know what is going on.

panther1972's photo
Tue 12/02/08 07:43 AM
Acutally swinging would mean having sex with multiple partners other than your spouse.Swinging is about sex. This would be considered a polyamorous relationship which means loving more than one person. Sex does not have to be involed.

panther1972's photo
Tue 12/02/08 07:38 AM
This isnt about swinging and neither of us are hopping into bed with everybody out there.

panther1972's photo
Tue 12/02/08 07:34 AM
She developed feelings for a friend of hers. And yes we went through the arguing and fighting that you would expect. What it came down to is realizing that it is possible to have feellings for more than one person. Im sure there are many people out there who can understand that. Next it was deciding whether it was worth destroying our family over that. To me it wasnt. I firmly beleive that raising a child with their mother and father is best for the child unless the parents cant get along and argue and fight all the time. This was not the case for us. Bringing everything out in the open removed what we were fighting about, which were the lies and jealousy.

panther1972's photo
Tue 12/02/08 07:21 AM
Looking at the number of marriages out there with one partner or the other cheating, I felt that this was a way to stop the lies and the jealousy. We are being open and honest about what is happening and it does not happen in the home. Yes, my daughter is a very bright girl, and what she sees is a mother and a father who love each other and get along with each other. Yes jealousy has come up, but when it has we have talked about why one of us is feeling that way and taken actions to correct that. I know that this is not a traditional relationship, but it is worth a try. The worst that could happen is things not work out and end in divorce. The best is that both of us are happier and and can raise our daughter together without worrying about how shipping her back and forth is going to affect her.

panther1972's photo
Tue 12/02/08 06:54 AM
We have a child and right now it is less of an impact on her to try this than going through a divorce and shipping her between two houses. My wife and I are not arguing or fighting. We are getting along better now than in a long while. There is also finacial things to consider, especially the way things are now with the economy.

panther1972's photo
Tue 12/02/08 06:25 AM
Is there anyone out there in an oopen marriage, if so do you have any advice to give to someone in a newlly open marriage?