Community > Posts By > Unknow

no photo
Sun 07/02/23 09:35 PM

agreeing to meet someone for a drink?

I got this man wanting to meet over coffees and he's really interested in me.
But... we've not exchanged anything much and he seems to think that we're going to meet and have a drink and then get acquainted.

Personally I don't work that way. I prefer to let things evolve organically first and then...
And that can still go fast. With my last partner it took 1,5 weeks.
We got talking, hit it off right away, few days later talked on the phone which felt even better, and agreed to meet and set a date. Couldn't do that faster cos of a gig he had with his band otherwise we would have met even sooner.

I already told him I don't like to rush, prefer to let think develop organically, yet he now seems to think he has to wait for me to be ready. And that I will let him know when I am so we can meet and have a coffee?

Kind of like WTH? That means no/little exchange and still not getting to know one another? What's the point then?
As it is I'm not interested in the slightest, just wondering if I'm the weird one here, hihi.

So now I'm thinking, do most people just go on a meet & greet that way?
To me that would feel like meeting a total stranger -which he then would be- and assume / hope it's going to work out & you're not going to be tongue-tied.

So how do you go about it?
In a similar setting would you just go and have the drink or would you first prefer to have a bit more of a feel for the person, what they're like etc?

I think people are afraid of being catfished. Growing a strong relationship by phone calls & messages & then never a follow through meet & greet. It feels like a total waste of time to the person having high expectations. When people have been hurt that way in the past. They are a little more eager to meet in person. To ensure you are in fact a real person. But I totally get where you are coming from!
This is a great relationship podcast

https://youtu.be/tB0sxKXODPc

no photo
Sun 07/02/23 09:27 PM

Lol :joy: what do you think about it?

That person just aint into you. 🤣

no photo
Sun 07/02/23 09:25 PM

I'm high anxiety and have extreme ADHD and I was hardwired for stress since birth. I see my therapist twice a week and I have a counseling life coach. Both my therapist and my life coach tell me that what I'm seeking in domestic discipline is valid. For consequences for my actions to be disciplined helps and I know by experience I can wrap my head around the normal maintenance discipline but everything else I follow the rules so I don't acquire more punishment. It keeps me in line it keeps me in check it makes me feel like I just work 10 hours at the gym. It humbles me and it builds structure I take it strictly as therapy please don't think it's anything sexual cuz it's not If it is it's because you're thinking of it that way Just wish I could be pointed in the right direction since my insurance won't cover those type of sessions I live in Portland Oregon

Listen to this podcast! I think it might help

https://youtu.be/tB0sxKXODPc