Community > Posts By > PaddyJ29

no photo
Fri 05/02/14 08:21 PM
Clearly this is a case of political policing in Ireland, strange that its happened now just weeks before an Irish nationwide election

no photo
Thu 01/16/14 09:59 PM
An unrepentant dirty murdering war criminal! At least he has company were he is now as Maggie Thatcher went before him another war criminal

no photo
Tue 01/14/14 12:56 AM
When I started this thread I was wondering if there were people going through what I was going through, I never thought I would have got such a disappointing reaction from Christian people. I have been labled sinful, unrighteous, perverted, unholy, I have been told that Jesus Christ, nor the Holy Spirit is in me, I have been told many times to repent and accept Jesus, I have been both condemned and judged! I would like to point out that I grew up in Ireland when war was still raging in our streets and belive me when I say I have witnessed real sin- British soldiers murdered young innocent men in our street just for being irish, my own relatives were murdered by them as were hundreds more. The british soldiers who murdered my relatives were never brought to court and the point I'm making is after these killings I could have joined those fighting to remove the british army from ireland, I could have sought revenge, many people did go down that road but not me- I forgave those that killed my people. Therefore I ask yous how could I show forgiveness to those that destroyed our family without The Holy Spirit or Jesus being within me! I made that choice with God that I would forgive rather than seek revenge (because I had a choice on this matter) and that's my other point- now I don't have a choice no matter what yous say God made me the way I am and I cannot change my feelings and I'm not going to ask any of yous 2 change your feelings on the matter. I just hope yous understand now that I'm not the unholy, unrighteous, sinful pervert yous were making me out to be instead I'm just the good Catholic I said I was initially who sins as much as every1 else and learns from experience and yes I do struggle as a Catholic as the Church accepts me as a man with gay thoughts but is against the act of homosexuality. Even so I thank and love you all for all your comments and especially mark who was very understandingto me

no photo
Sun 01/12/14 08:16 AM
Toks what makes you think that I don't accept Jesus Christ as my lord and personal saviour? And CeriseRose where have I mentioned that I am in favour of gay marriage? I believe in the sanctity of marriage same as you do, all I asked of you is to accept me for the way that God made me. I am not seeking to destroy any Christian values and I do not wish to condemn anyone who is in support of gay marriage. We have all sinned yet our God is a God of mercy who would not want to condemn anyone to hell. Recently Pope Francis has shown Gods mercy to me and to all so why can't you two show that same basic Christian token of sincerity instead of asking me to repent from the way God made me. Mark has shown to be honest and accepting of me instead of cherry-picking through some scripture that would interprate to condemn me. We could all make our own interpretations of the Gospel to seek acknowledgement and confirmation of our arguments. I would rather take heed of the parts of the Gospel that show love and mercy to all.

no photo
Sat 01/11/14 09:54 AM
Believe me I am carrying my cross and have been for a long time! Many years I spent wanting to change but in the end I have accepted the way God made me, I now embrace myself the same way the Church now embraces me and never have I turned away from God and I never will. Maybe you two should repent in your condemnation of me and your judging of me and accept that I am Gods creation the same as you are

no photo
Fri 01/10/14 12:09 PM
Well at this point I would like to thank all for their views but especially. Mark the man/lad ha, your intelligence rises above all scripture and you see the true love of God for all his people! I think mormonism is very accepting of people like me and thank God for Pope Francis who is showing the same acceptance that Mark has shown. Yes I admit that I have desires and ill admit further that I have a friend that I love but never been intimate with, but is this such a sin? With so much war and division in the world is it not more christian for me to love a man than hate a man? I'm sure Catholic priests struggle with their celibacy the same way I struggle with my desires which God made us all with, I see my plight and that of priests as a human natural thing rather than being sinful

no photo
Wed 01/08/14 08:30 PM
I'm 29 and I have struggled for years with these feelings and desires, only within the last year I confessed this part of me to a priest, he like Mark_the_lad explained that it is ok to have these feelings and desires! It was a huge weight off my shoulders and recently I was able 2 tell my brother the same and guess what? my brother still loves me! When I told him I spent years saying Rosaries, fasting, talking to saints and God himself begging for a cure my brother also said let Gods will be and then helped me realise that I received many miracles through my fasting and praying- maybe not what I asked for but God granted them anyway. I guess the biggest miracle was me breaking my silence and revealing my secret which was something I never thought I could do. I still struggle with aspects of it all yet, as I do get sexual urges and try ignoring them but I guess we all got a cross to carry- maybe this is mine. Thanks Togs88 and Mark_the_lad for ur replies, I found both helpful but I even struggled with parts of those!

no photo
Tue 01/07/14 08:57 PM
Any other Catholic lads struggle to accept what they are and what they want?