Community > Posts By > Sam

Sam's photo
Sat 06/24/23 08:38 PM

Where would online communication be without internet slang such as LOL or LMAO ?

LOL and LMFAO predate the internet as they were originally used on BBSes Bulletin Board Systems in the meshed dialup era.

Do you have a favourite ?

<G> which basically meant 'grin' and didn't make its way over though; and how i pine for the old days, life was much simpler back then.. two genders.

Sam's photo
Fri 06/23/23 11:14 PM
my brane hertz and i think YOU did it.

Sam's photo
Fri 06/23/23 09:15 PM
Edited by Sam on Fri 06/23/23 09:28 PM

Ohh what about the vacuum robots they have out now.. I have heard those are awesome..

Yeah, i'm tempted to get one of those vacuum robots too. :) My apartment is under 100 metres square so i just got the living room and two bed rooms with carpet though a robot doing that and the kitchen / bathroom / ensuite tiles would be nice..

My chihuahua has a kennel on the enclosed balcony, pet couch and bowls there too. I was thinking of mounting a battery camera in a corner (have one in mind with a two way mic, night vision etc) so i can calm him down when i have gone out to do some errands and he starts incessantly barking because i didnt take him with me this time!! He is attached as i have had him since he was a puppy and now just shy of two years.

Sam's photo
Fri 06/23/23 07:52 PM
Edited by Sam on Fri 06/23/23 07:55 PM
lol, you could broadcast a text-to-speech on your voice devices for a SO in another room to hear the request :P

FWIW, i have done the TVs, Blinds, Lights, IoTs, electricals, Aircon, and various sensors dispersed around the place. Also using Home Assistant for other non-related services too.

Sam's photo
Fri 06/23/23 06:54 PM
https://www.home-assistant.io/

I aint gonna lie: i am a big fan of the Home Automation movement. Its cool, it's free to run and the community is helpful and inclusive.

Here's just an example of what one part of mine does. I have a motor on each blind. That motor could be used to either open/close the blinds, or as i have done use it to swivel the dropdown curtains open/shut.

They also have wifi so i can talk to them.

I can voice activate an open/shut at any time. I can do it through the web panel, even when i am away from the house.

On my eastern facing apartment lately its been getting a little dim here after 5pm. So I have set up a Scene, where at exactly 5pm each day, it will automatically close the blinds and turn on the Living Room lights.

This is the kind of home automation i like to do. Set and slightly forget.

Sam's photo
Fri 06/23/23 04:27 PM
Edited by Sam on Fri 06/23/23 04:33 PM

Wow, I haven't had nasi goreng since I lived in Indonesia. It was pretty cheap there. $16.80 is expensive!

The initial owners and a price point of $9.80 was worth every penny back then, they really did include various 'seafood' in it. These days they add just three medium sized prawns and call it seafood. May just get the beef variant next time!

Sam's photo
Fri 06/23/23 01:59 PM
Edited by Sam on Fri 06/23/23 02:05 PM

Just went grocery shopping. It's unbelievable how much food is. And I forgot a couple of things, darn it.

Yes! It's always a shock for me when I come back to the U.S. A combo at Taco Bell (3 tacos and a large soda) is $14.95 in Massachusetts! YIKES. I remember when they were under $5, and it was not that long ago.

Heh i got nasi goreng last night. They have changed owners a few times over the past 7 years. It cost $16.80 though their fb page hasn't been updated and still shows it as $9.80 -- less ingredients over time and more expensive now.

Was also looking at the menulog delivery options for them too -- they mark it up more for this dish and charge a service fee and a delivery fee too. Double the price for a 2m drive.

Sam's photo
Wed 06/21/23 08:32 PM
^^ this is why i dont like religion. no logic and it was written by other men not gods, and at a time when we didn't know the earth revolved around the sun and not the other way around. science on the other hand, embrace it, it also accepts when it is proven wrong.

Sam's photo
Wed 06/21/23 08:26 PM
Love - just marry someone crazy so the sex is sorted too. lmfao.

Sam's photo
Wed 06/21/23 08:23 PM
if i'm right, i will argue my point regardless of herd mentality.

Sam's photo
Wed 06/21/23 08:19 PM
Got up. Queried the servers - everything is fine. Got high.

Sam's photo
Tue 06/20/23 09:20 PM

Have you ever had to wait in a long line for coffee, food, etc. behind a couple of "chatty Cathy's", gabbing away

Could be worse like a public speaker phone conversation, omfg.

Sam's photo
Mon 06/19/23 06:12 PM

Guilty feet have got no rhythm!

Sometimes you think your gonna get it.. but you don't, and that's just the way it goes.

Sam's photo
Mon 06/19/23 05:28 PM
Heart - All i wanna do is make love to you

Sam's photo
Sun 06/18/23 11:45 PM
Edited by Sam on Sun 06/18/23 11:46 PM
In chronological order (and only the online games i liked): Ultima Online, Rift, World of Warcraft and recently started playing Final Fantasy XIV.

Sam's photo
Sat 06/17/23 09:14 PM
Either of the three main queers - Freddy, Elton or George.

I'm eclectic with my music - that is, i will listening to everything and anything.. except for death metal, as i have a few brain cells i want to keep.

Sam's photo
Sat 06/17/23 08:52 PM
Edited by Sam on Sat 06/17/23 08:56 PM
im in my 50s now, and started cooking in single digit age -- both my parents worked so it was either learn to make meals or stay hungry.

My speciality is chicken teriyaki from scratch.

I also make a pretty good triple beer battered chicken breast strips.

I'm a first generation Aussie so still had that exposure to traditional meals from the parents homeland, most of which was delicious.. and i have recently started making them meals for my kid.

Sam's photo
Sat 06/17/23 08:16 PM
somehow, based on your lack of profile, 'hi' isn't the priority right now.

Sam's photo
Sat 06/17/23 07:31 PM
Choice - i attract the crazies.

Sam's photo
Thu 06/08/23 06:17 PM
The Beach Boys - Kokomo

1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 13