Community > Posts By > judyjudyjudy333

judyjudyjudy333's photo
Fri 11/29/13 11:28 PM
Thank you everyone. I appreciate the tips. As I try to investigate it seems that I've received maybe 2 or 3 "genuine" inquiries, and the rest are from individuals whom I think are posing as people they're not from places where they definitely are not. That's a bit discouraging--do you all find this site to be a good one?

judyjudyjudy333's photo
Tue 11/26/13 12:47 PM
I have been getting quite a few emails from guys and I'm questioning whether the profiles are genuine? First of all, my profile says I'm moving to London and looking to meet friends there--yet I've gotten several emails from guys in the Houston area??? I responded to them, to be polite and when they write back, their writing is really grammatically incorrect--not in a careless way, but more like something one would expect to see from someone whose first language isn't English. I have absolutely no problem with meeting people from other countries, but I'm getting very, very suspicious now, having received about 8 or 9 emails in a row from different guys, claiming on their profiles to be Doctors, Engineers, etc., from cities nowhere near me, and what they say and how they write doesn't seem to match up. Also, I note that another thing they have in common is that they're widowers. I rather expect some folks will not be 100% forthright on a profile, but I'm pretty sure these folks are not close to being who they say they are. Anyone else know what's going on here?