Community > Posts By > LexFonteyne

no photo
Sun 04/15/12 12:44 PM

Still single, still no prospects, not really looking anymore. There isn't anyone out there within 897,000 miles of me, geographically or philosophically....

That's quite sad.

It is. But, as a famous person once said somewhere in a book or movie or while jumping out of a plane, "Life is not fair."

I'm not going to be able to change anyone else's reality, and Lord knows they've had absolutely no success trying to get me to change mine.

So are you saying no one is good enough for you or you are not good enough for anyone?

It's not about "good enough." "Good enough" has no meaning in this circumstance, because it's a simple thematic incompatibility, not attached to a comparative value judgment. It isn't that Pluto isn't "good enough" to qualify as a planet anymore, it's just that Pluto doesn't meet all of the standard requirements necessary for planethood.

no photo
Sun 04/15/12 11:55 AM

Still single, still no prospects, not really looking anymore. There isn't anyone out there within 897,000 miles of me, geographically or philosophically....

That's quite sad.

It is. But, as a famous person once said somewhere in a book or movie or while jumping out of a plane, "Life is not fair."

I'm not going to be able to change anyone else's reality, and Lord knows they've had absolutely no success trying to get me to change mine.

no photo
Sun 04/15/12 11:42 AM

no photo
Fri 04/13/12 12:03 PM

And now this, i'm really getting confused. Is it that the average american male is scared of american females.

www.stayawayfromamericanwomen.flippertv.com/onlymarryforeignwomen.htm

Scared? No.

Tired of being universally and inevitably expected to fit a stiflingly restrictive mold, simply for the purpose of being like everyone else? Yes.

no photo
Fri 04/13/12 10:43 AM

This is probably a question we have all had in our heads at one time or another. What the hell is wrong with American women? They are definitely a different breed aren’t they? By far some of the oddest creatures that exist, so what is REALLY wrong with American women?

Well…

• For starters they tend NOT to take care of themselves very well. For whatever reason they believe men should like them no matter what. And so they end up getting overweight and out of shape. Now, love is blind but that doesn’t mean attraction is.

• They wear flip-flops ALL THE TIME! What’s with that? No clue why women think it’s cute or sexy but trust me, if you’re not at the beach, pool or in your home they ARE NOT cute fun or sexy.

• They seem to be stuck on their phones 24/7. If they’re not talking on it they’re texting on it, if they’re not texting they’re taking pictures with it. They are ALWAYS on their phone and have a complete fit if they can’t find it. As if real life isn’t entertaining enough.

• They actually read, understand and LISTEN to stupid girly magazines like Cosmo. These magazines are simply there to grab women in and make money off of them. Which they have successfully done but they’ve also successfully turned potentially smart women into morons.

• They wear PJs in public. What the hell were they thinking? Pjs are not for outside of the bedroom or home. We’ve learned this since birth but somehow American women missed that entire memo.

• They can’t cook. Haven’t they ever heard that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach? Well, apparently not because not only can they not cook but they don’t take the time and effort to try to learn! No one expects you to pop out of the womb a fantastic cook but you could AT LEAST try.

• They put drug addicted, rich pampered loser celebs on a pedestal. And more so then that they try to emulate these ridiculous losers. Turning themselves into these wannabees. What kind of role model is that? For whatever reason American women think it’s a good one.

• They have no sense of what a good man is. They look for the ones that will cheat on them just because they drive a flashy car or buy them a ton of shiny things. All men are capable of that and are willing but if women are JUST chasing the outside (like American women do) then you’re going to get a shallow hollow man. And they don’t care because “He’s good looking”

Now not ALL women are the same and not ALL women are this awful, but in general American women seem to have all of these flaws and more. Some of these are absolutely terrible and we are unable to overlook them.

Maybe American women should take some lessons from other women in different countries. Make themselves better females for us, the better males.

for you, sing...

Thanks! I found several other articles on there, but not this particular one. Strange.

Several of these are just generalizations and can be said for men as well. Certainly not women only issues. And definitely not all Americans will fit.

Napodan, why do you think these are true?

i dont always believe everything i read online but this definately got me scared. Are American women really this difficult?

Heh. Tip of the iceberg....

no photo
Wed 04/11/12 08:19 PM
I have....with fascinating consequences....and would again....

no photo
Wed 04/11/12 11:44 AM

I can't find anyone who wants me AS me....

If you are happy with yourself, then they aren't right for you. If you aren't entirely happy with yourself, then use their rejection or attempts to control you as the impetus to change.

There is nothing better than finding someone who will love you for who you are and not who they want you to be. Good luck man.

I guess that's the problem. I'm happy with myself, but everybody else seems to think there's something dreadfully wrong with my feeling this way. I"m "supposed to" live the kind of life THEY think people are "supposed to" live. I have no interest in that. And that makes it really difficult to find anybody compatible....!

no photo
Wed 04/11/12 11:11 AM
I can't find anyone who wants me AS me....

no photo
Tue 04/10/12 04:41 PM

I think more people should pose with dead fish.

Is that even possible?

no photo
Tue 04/10/12 03:04 PM

...very heartfelt Lex
and you do quite well with poetry! flowerforyou

Thanks!

There are times I think it's improving.

Other times, I'm not so sure.

But it took me a long time to get to the point where I could write a regular sentence in a regular book and be satisfied with it. So progress is progress....!

no photo
Tue 04/10/12 03:02 PM

I've had those days too Lex .

flowerforyou

It makes you think, doesn't it?

Like: "I wonder what I'd have to do to not have any more days like this one....."

And is there really an answer?

But of course there's an answer!flowerforyou

It's inside of you

I view melancholy thoughts of which you speak

As a transition to something better

A realization that its not "good enough"

and I am about to find it can't get any worse:wink: happy

The transition is the root of the dilemma.

How to begin, that sort of thing....

no photo
Tue 04/10/12 03:01 PM

When one can get past their fear

And write/speak from the core

It all makes senseflowerforyou

I humbly suggest you "stay in the moment" when writing poetry

And never, EVER rereadlaugh

I agree, staying in the moment is crucial when writing....

But I do have a tendency to go back and reread things -- and it turns out that "I can't believe I actually wrote that" can be good AND bad at times....!

no photo
Tue 04/10/12 09:16 AM

some women like to told the truth upfront

hello this is Rod Serling

it's well known that women perfer to be kept in a perpetual state of fantasy know as...... "The Twlight Zone"

this could explain why he has been married about 3 times.

It could also explain the otherwise incomprehensible success of the "Twilight" franchise.

no photo
Tue 04/10/12 05:09 AM

Someone who values intellect and creativity as much as I do....

Someone who can appreciate all I have to offer, without trying to change me into someone I can never be....

Someone with enough sense of self-worth to see beyond the need for an adjunct mentality....

Someone whose life isn't built around biology, inertia, greed, and self-destructiveness....

Someone who understands the "team" concept, the mutual support system, the whole idea of the relationship that transcends the traditional, the mainstream....

Someone who can make a commitment and stick to it....

All very valid. Also something we manifest in a novel. Unfortunately that's the reality of it.

I had a girlfriend like that once. She had all of that, except for the last one.

no photo
Mon 04/09/12 05:19 PM
Someone who values intellect and creativity as much as I do....

Someone who can appreciate all I have to offer, without trying to change me into someone I can never be....

Someone with enough sense of self-worth to see beyond the need for an adjunct mentality....

Someone whose life isn't built around biology, inertia, greed, and self-destructiveness....

Someone who understands the "team" concept, the mutual support system, the whole idea of the relationship that transcends the traditional, the mainstream....

Someone who can make a commitment and stick to it....

no photo
Mon 04/09/12 03:53 PM

Quite liked it :-)

Thank you, maybe you can explain it to me sometime!

(I'm lost....)

shades

no photo
Mon 04/09/12 03:52 PM

((((((SexyLexy)))))drinker flowers

Hey, I haven't seen that pic before!

What are you smoking?

flowers flowers flowers

no photo
Mon 04/09/12 03:00 PM

I've had those days too Lex .

flowerforyou

It makes you think, doesn't it?

Like: "I wonder what I'd have to do to not have any more days like this one....."

And is there really an answer?

no photo
Mon 04/09/12 11:37 AM

Lex, you might not feel comfortable with poetry, but it really does suit you well. As you get more comfortable, you might even find it makes you just, well.... feel better once the words are out of your head and onto the paper(or screen, as the case might be)happy

That's true, sometimes it actually does feel good to get it all out....

Other times, it's just more confusing....!

no photo
Mon 04/09/12 10:02 AM

Your lines always... "hit" really well. Terrific endings which tie together your concept(s).

"Well-worn but not well-spent"

My favorite line.

I always enjoy when you post some poetry.

Thank you!

The thing I struggle with is that I can generally come up with two or three lines that really work for me, but the rest just seems like so much window dressing.

But I suppose it's the same with the books, in the end. After the fact, I can go back and read something I wrote -- and I'll think "I really like this paragraph!" but then, "This other one doesn't flow as well as it should." Some parts are better than others.

Poetry (to my way of thinking, anyway) incorporates some peripheral restrictions that prose doesn't have to worry about. So it's more of a "challenge," in some ways, and I'm not really as sure of myself within the poetic format.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25