Community > Posts By > vman2311

no photo
Fri 08/01/08 03:28 PM
i rather not be politically correct. As scheming politicians mix words around they lose their meaning and people never get the full picture. ex. what used to be called Shell Shock for soldiers who came back from war stressed out is now called Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome.

no photo
Sun 07/20/08 10:11 PM

this was all explained on the discovery channel
100% correct. Mythbusters had a crack at it too.

Fair play to you for submitting it in. You went to alot of trouble.

hmm did not know. Thanks for the heads up ill check that out.

no photo
Sun 07/20/08 09:57 PM
Ever wonder why some men become soo addicted to working out and end up taking steroids to get big? Or Women who end up getting boob jobs and a bunch of other plastic surgeries done to them. Well its starts with an insecurity. The insecurity is the feeling that one isn’t up to par. Instead of acceptance there is a peril journey for the magic pill which leaves the consumer unsatisfied. This insecurity is a major crisis as people mature.

So how did this insecurity ever come up in the 1st place?

If you’re a guy ever play with G.I. Joes? Or a gal and play with Barbie’s? This is where most of the answers are. Many years ago G.I. Joe toy soldiers were skinny but in the last couple decades they’ve gotten in increase in muscle mass. It’s like they were injected with steroids. The Barbie dolls have also gotten a make over in bust size and smaller waists with wider hips. Some companies may argue that they were merely providing variety for the consumer but what they don’t realize is the impact it creates on a superficial level.

So what do toys have to do with people being insecure?

When someone is young they are trying to figure out how to live in the society they were born into. This is known as socialization. Kids look to those around them to tell them what the standards are for masculinity and femininity. When children are given toys such as the perfect Barbie and the juiced up G.I. Joe they start believing into that reality. Subconsciously children recognize these toys as the standard of which they should reach. They become programmed to reach the goal of becoming like their toys.

As these children age they are bombarded by many soulless companies selling them ways to become the ideal male or female. Now some of these children will grow up and have values and acceptance for themselves while others will become dependent on the reaction of others. The companies will promise perfect abs in 3 weeks or perfect figure by just using some kind of pill. The dependent folks will give into these kinds of marketing and in the future may develop an image disorder. These people will become stuck in the delusional world of corporate profit.

Unfortunately this type of society is quickly coming. Everyday more products come out promoting the cures when they were the ones perpetuating the fear. Just look at the magazines such as Cosmo and Men’s Health. Every month there is someone new on the cover and a new article on 5 steps to satisfy your lover or 10 new workout routines to get six pack abs.

Realize that letting society dictate your reality is a loss of authenticity and of course money.

no photo
Sun 07/20/08 09:31 PM
NOTE: LONG READ

Disclaimer: This is an observation of something going on in our society and no way trying to demoralize women. It is at best a situation being understood and the actions behind it. The stereotypes are only used to describe what already is there and is no way 100% accurate. People should date whoever they choose and not because everyone else is doing it. This creates a sheep mentality and is dictated externally rather then ones own values.

Have you seen this phenomenon? Everywhere I go I see these interracial couples. Now I don’t have anything against them but as a student of psychology I tend to see things on another level. What I will discuss is dating and stereotypes. There are many theories on this.

Perhaps this became fashionable after World War II when an Asian wife became idolized as someone being exotic.

So what attracts a white man to an Asian woman?

Lets think of a her background. Usually in an Asian household this woman will be conditioned more to be submissive, shy, and probably more into communicating since learning all the science and math will be conditioned towards her male siblings.

For the white men and all men for that matter she might be seen as far more sexually attractive then other women. She may appear stylish and having more taste in her appearance. He may even like her because he believes she may be a better housekeeper and because she may be eager to please him more.

Now this is a generalization. So don’t believe this as the truth. As we know our truths are always changing due to the many perceptions that are broadcasted to us from the media, friends, and family. What we can do is be authentic about our own values.

So what happened to the Asian male and the white woman? I believe diversity is good but what’s stopping from meeting individuals as good as the ones in their race?

Well, what do we usually see in an Asian man?

He is a nerd, into computer science or an engineer, with horrible style and social skills. Usually our minds use the word wimp to describe him. But there is another side. The Asian male can be masculine but what has been portrayed is an Asian gangster. He’s man wearing suits, having lots of cash, and riding around in fast sports cars. These are the stereotypes we see in our society.

What about the white woman? She’s still hot. She’s still the material girl. She works hard and doesn’t take much ****. So what can be theorized is that the Asian women seen by the white men are women that he unconsciously believes he can dominate more. Since the Asian women are raised to be submissive more the white man probably sees her femininity as obedient. So unconsciously the men will believe that she may be more loyal rather then the white woman.

If the woman is Asian American there will be few changes to her conditioning. This depends on the environment she is raised in. If most of her friends were white growing up then she will be white washed. If they were mostly black then she may enjoy being with an African American guy more then anyone else. Her culture will dictate many things that she will accept as the norm.

Like I said there are just examples and can’t be constituted as the truth because there will be exceptions to every rule.

So why are there more white guys holding hands with Asian girls while riding in their Integra?

There can be many reasons: she’s trying to get a green card, she probably thinks the white guy will have more money then the Asian guy, and the Asian guy may seem less confident then the white guy. As ridiculous as these reasons sound…anything is possible. Maybe he just has yellow fever.

I’m beginning to believe that this phenomenon is partly due to the location. I reside in the Bay Area. So what can be expected is a high number of Asian Americans living in here. This is migration is thanks to the Gold rush era of America which also had many races arriving in the “New World”.

These men may even enjoy their culture and have decided to peruse Asian woman as a mate. There are many sides to a story.

So why is the white guy attractive to the Asian women?

Maybe she feels like she’s living the American dream. Some male minorities have dreamed of marrying a white woman. This maybe the case for the Asian woman. In her eyes he’s more attractive and has more value. Another guy could probably be with her but because of her conditioning of her environment/media attraction will be assumed with the white man. If the other guy is far more confident and charismatic he will sweep her of her feet. Buts that a topic for another time.

Let’s see what the future of the phenomenon will be. More interracial families perhaps? More children being half Caucasian and sharing an Asian ancestry?

For now it looks like a fad…kind of like the strong/masculine black man attracting white women…and yet he is still depicted as a thug, performer, or athlete.

no photo
Fri 11/09/07 12:31 AM
As a man...If you are one, have your ever thought of what a woman has to go through on a day to day basis? Let's talk about dating so I can paint the picture you need to see.

Okay think now… You are a woman. You wake up. There are places to be. So you spend hours getting ready. You put on your make up, get the perfect clothing to wear, and the shoes to match with. The occasion is to finally meet the guy you've been fantasizing/dreaming about meeting. You've talked to your girlfriends for hours about who might be at this social event you are preparing for. You mask the occasion about drinking or dancing so you don't have to feel any rejection. No guys talk to you that night. You feel miserably let down. You even make eye contact with guys and you simile at them. Yet they are too scared to approach and talk to you. What could have been even worse was if no one noticed you and even as a woman you did your best to look good. For you as a woman this is a passive rejection. You saw a guy you liked and you slightly made your interest known but he was too scared to escalate the situation further. Or he did not understand what was going on between you and him. This affects your self-esteem and makes you wonder if men have balls or are you ugly.

Going back to being a guy…

All she can do is sit there or walk around waiting for you to approach her. Sure she may look like she's on the phone but she's actually seeing if you'll take the bait and break the ice between you two. What you say:

"She looks busy! She looks too sexy for me! Too many other guys have tried to get her! How will i ever get her? Shes out of my league. Guys like me never get hot girls like her. I need to wait for the pefect moment"

Well with that kind of negative dialog running in your head of course nothing will happen. If you keep waiting...Some other guy more confident then you will come around and get her. Women who get approached by confident men rationalize the experience as fate because only few men can walk up to a total stanger and generate a relationship. There is no perfect moment but only the ones your create now. You have to change your self limiting thoughts and believe in the positive. Changing your thinking with pratice will change your actions.

Wouldn't you act the same if you didn't want to look desperate? She's a woman who has the media on her back twenty-four/seven telling her not to be a "slut" or be "desperate".

This is why she rolls in packs with her girlfriends or plays hard to get. This is why she proclaims she wants sex after she's married even through she probably craves it now like a crack fiend. She wants it just as much as you do if not even more. Don't let the act fool you. Women live double lives. She lives one for the social standards policed to her and the other for her real desires which occur now.

So Gentlemen please do the favor of approaching that beautiful woman you've been fantasizing about because I'm sure she's anxious to experience something fun instead of her usual boring routine filled life.

Take a chance with her and see where it takes you…You never know when and where you might find love…or perhaps lust…

no photo
Wed 09/12/07 10:35 AM
i'm the real life "Hitch"

no photo
Wed 09/12/07 02:03 AM
As a man...If you are one, have your ever thought of what a woman has to go through on a day to day basis? Let's talk about dating so I can paint the picture you need to see.

Okay think now… You are a woman. You wake up. There are places to be. So you spend hours getting ready. You put on your make up, get the perfect clothing to wear, and the shoes to match with. The occasion is to finally meet the guy you've been fantasizing/dreaming about meeting. You've talked to your girlfriends for hours about who might be at this social event you are preparing for. You mask the occasion about drinking or dancing so you don't have to feel any rejection. No guys talk to you that night. You feel miserably let down. You even make eye contact with guys and you simile at them. Yet they are too scared to approach and talk to you. What could have been even worse was if no one noticed you and even as a woman you did your best to look good. For you as a woman this is a passive rejection. You saw a guy you liked and you slightly made your interest known but he was too scared to escalate the situation further. Or he did not understand what was going on between you and him. This affects your self-esteem and makes you wonder if men have balls or are you ugly.

Going back to being a guy…

All she can do is sit there or walk around waiting for you to approach her. Sure she may look like she's on the phone but she's actually seeing if you'll take the bait and break the ice between you two. What you say:

"She looks busy! She looks too sexy for me! Too many other guys have tried to get her! How will i ever get her? Shes out of my league. Guys like me never get hot girls like her. I need to wait for the pefect moment"

Well with that kind of negative dialog running in your head of course nothing will happen. If you keep waiting...Some other guy more confident then you will come around and get her. Women who get approached by confident men rationalize the experience as fate because only few men can walk up to a total stanger and generate a relationship. There is no perfect moment but only the ones your create now. You have to change your self limiting thoughts and believe in the positive. Changing your thinking with pratice will change your actions.

Wouldn't you act the same if you didn't want to look desperate? She's a woman who has the media on her back twenty-four/seven telling her not to be a "slut" or be "desperate".

This is why she rolls in packs with her girlfriends or plays hard to get. This is why she proclaims she wants sex after she's married even through she probably craves it now like a crack fiend. She wants it just as much as you do if not even more. Don't let the act fool you. Women live double lives. She lives one for the social standards policed to her and the other for her real desires which occur now.

So Gentlemen please do the favor of approaching that beautiful woman you've been fantasizing about because I'm sure she's anxious to experience something fun instead of her usual boring routine filled life.

Take a chance with her and see where it takes you…You never know when and where you might find love…or perhaps lust…