Community > Posts By > alaskapam

alaskapam's photo
Wed 02/11/09 11:58 PM

Well this would certainly explain those lists of "scientists" that supposedly support Creationism over Evolutionary Theory. Although those lists under closer scrutiny clearly indicate that anyone can sign them and there always seems to be a significant shortage of biological scientists on them. It just goes to show you that even educated people can hold stupid beliefs.
Sorry to hear that someone that doesnt share your beliefs is stupid !
Well isn't that the common misconception that is being pointed out in the article?

It seems to be second nature for humanity to assume those that believe different are dumb.

Well said !

What I find really interesting about people's tendency to assume that those who hold different beliefs are "dumb" relates to a quote that I absolutely love - in the book "The Dance of Intimacy" by Harriet Lerner: part of her definition for intimacy is "a profound respect for differences." Think about it - how can we be truly intimate with another person unless we can accept - and embrace - the fact that they believe differently than we do?

alaskapam's photo
Wed 02/04/09 06:40 PM
Hey, Charles. Everything seems to be working perfectly, now. Just wanted to say thanks for the attention you gave the whole thing... Appreciate it...

alaskapam's photo
Wed 01/28/09 11:02 PM
Thanks, Charles. When it is fixed, I'll have some fun opening emails...! I figure it all works out how it's supposed to, anyway, and so will this...

alaskapam's photo
Tue 01/27/09 09:27 PM
Thanks, Charles. I'll wait until the problem is resolved. But, I appreciate it. Pam

alaskapam's photo
Tue 01/27/09 04:23 PM
Well, thanks for the heads up! I didn't know it was affecting anybody besides me... I appreciate you letting me know...! Cute kitty, by the way...

alaskapam's photo
Tue 01/27/09 08:04 AM
Good morning Mingle2 staff,

I still can't read any email. With the exception of a short window of time Friday evening, I haven't been able to read any email since last Thursday. Could you please please fix this today??? Please???

alaskapam's photo
Sat 01/24/09 04:04 PM
Interesting responses...

Actually, I relate more to the idea of a dating god than I do a dating God - but that's a whole new topic...

Apparently, there are currently some glitches with the site - but I can't imagine the scope of the job of keeping all of this running smoothly... I guess I kind of take it all with a grain salt because, given that I live in the remote bush of Alaska, I feel lucky to have internet at all on a Saturday... And, I'm grateful that there are actually real human beings out there who respond to a "problem" post. But, I try to dwell on the positives of things, anyway - just my chosen nature.

alaskapam's photo
Sat 01/24/09 02:40 PM
...are trying to tell me something!

Charles, you were wonderful, and I thank you again, but, alas, I am having the same problem again! Just to see what would happen, I tried to send an email to you directly by going through your profile, but that didn't work... I also sent a post in the original topic last night, when I encountered the same problem, but I wasn't sure if that topic was now "old news," or what...

Anyway, I patiently await assistance...

alaskapam's photo
Sat 01/24/09 02:19 AM
Just shoot me... frustrated :laughing:

Hi, Charles! Well, it was fixed, as our emails confirmed, but it just happened again...

Pam

alaskapam's photo
Thu 01/22/09 11:58 PM
I haven't been able to access any messages for two days, and I have some to view. When I click on Mail, it goes to a screen that tells me there is an "Application Error" and that it has been reported to the site. Well, that's great and all, but I still can't read any mail... Can anyone help?

alaskapam's photo
Wed 12/17/08 12:05 AM

any body from Bethel

Nope, but I'll be going through Bethel on my way to and from Anchorage over Christmas break from school. I'm currently living in Kotlik.