Community > Posts By > GotABigOne

GotABigOne's photo
Sat 10/22/22 08:03 AM
Edited by GotABigOne on Sat 10/22/22 08:05 AM
It's 100% legal recreationally across Canada and it's high time indeed (pun intended). What a joke for so many years that alcohol was accepted but not marijuana. Our ancestors, pioneers and settlers all had it in their medicine kits. To help people sleep, stimulate their appetites and as an antinausea medicine. People who knew nothing about a natural herb made ill informed decisions about what was right and what was wrong yet they had no problems getting drunk as skunks and how many beat their wives and kids because of the alcohol.
Pot relaxes you, it doesn't casue people to lose their inhibitions and it surely does not make people aggressive as does alcohol. So, to every country, state or province that legalizes it, kudos. Now, having said all that, I do not advocate advising teenagers and kids to smoke it any more than I would encourage them to drink. It's a personal decision and parents need to teach their kids that anything in excess can lead you down a bad path but used discriminately, one is no better than the other. Just my opinion.