Community > Posts By > Lola41

no photo
Mon 10/27/08 08:57 PM

Newbie here.... just joined a few days ago and checking out the site. I'm from OKC. Hello all!

I just joined up the other day too, and I am in OKC mid-town, just off of 39th Expressway.

I've heard great things about the Warren Theater - the balcony is definitely the way to go. I have gift certificates for an evening out there, but am hoping to take a date.

It'd be great to find a date here, but I will be equally happy to meet some new people and possible make some friends.

no photo
Mon 10/27/08 08:34 PM
Yep, it's pretty flat here. However, we're still WAY more interesting to drive through than Kansas... Plus, we have over 10 different ecosystems in OK, including... very tiny mountains: The Wichitas and the Ouachitas (pronounced wa****a).

We joke that we are 20 years behind everyone else, which is true. But that also insulates us somewhat from the problems the rest of the country is having in real estate and financial markets...

Not a horrible place to live..

Peace,

no photo
Fri 10/24/08 10:21 PM
I just have to say... I've known just as many men who were treated horribly by their gfs/wives: public humiliation, mental and emotional abuse, manipulation, monetary motives, physical abuse, etc. Female, male, it doesn't matter - mean people suck.

What I don't get is when the abused defends the abuser. I personally have taken a 'friend' to the ER three times with broken limbs, and each time was told, "it was an accident, he/she just had too much to drink and didn't mean to do this...", "i shouldn't have pushed his/her buttons, this isn't their fault...", and my personal favorite, "we were trying something new, sexually, and it got out of hand..."

Some people just have a twisted need to be abused. Sad, but true.

no photo
Fri 10/24/08 09:36 PM
Dude - I love that song! Have not heard it in a really long time. I'm putting that on my iTunes purchase list... thanks!

no photo
Fri 10/24/08 09:30 PM
Hi there! I just posted to the New Member/Introduction page, but I wanted to hit this specific page too. I live in the OKC metro area and want to meet people with similar interests and habits. It would be wonderful to find someone local to hang out with, have a drink after work, see a movie, etc. I keep looking in the yellow pages and when running around town, but so far I haven't found that bar called "Socially Inept 40+ Adults Meet Here".

If you have a good sense of humor and like random conversations, let's talk!

no photo
Fri 10/24/08 09:17 PM
Hi there! I recently realized, much to my dismay, that my social circle has been reduced to the size of a microdot. Variety of reasons why this happened (read: I'm a workaholic), but I could use some help in getting out of my trench and meeting people. I am in the OKC metro area, but would like to talk people from all over the US/Canada. I'm seriously considering moving out of state next year and I don't know where I want to move to. If you live somewhere great, tell me about it! Finally, any AT hikers out there? Am also seriously considering thru-hiking in 2010...

PS: I am obligated to inform y'all that I find it impossible to write anything with less than 15000 words..... unless I'm really pissed.