Community > Posts By > Californication

Californication's photo
Tue 10/21/08 11:16 PM
You're entitled to not have sex if you feel like it.

I, for one, like sex quite a bit, and feel that it's healthy to do it, however, I don't want kids, and I very likely will never want kids. I should never have sex then? By that incredibly flawed rationale, you shouldn't drive until you're ready to die, since a possible outcome of driving is dying.

Once again, you're entitled to your opinion on the matter, so long as you don't rob other people of their right to not have children they aren't ready for.

And you're obviously wrong on the count of rape. I find it funny when people think women should bear rapist babies.

circular logic ftw

Californication's photo
Tue 10/21/08 10:43 PM

Thanks, i also saw Richard Pryor in 88 lol

I hate you.

sad

Californication's photo
Tue 10/21/08 10:42 PM

indeed it is, but if everyone is responsible, we wouldn't have that problem.

The fact is: Not everyone is responsible, and there will always be people who are stupid, uninformed, raped, drunk, high, horny, broke, or unlucky.

so we should resort to killing unborn children to correct their mistakes?

There's no way to differentiate people who took every precaution available and were simply unlucky from people who are plain stupid, so yes, we should 'resort to killing unborn children' as you so effectively phrased it.

Californication's photo
Tue 10/21/08 10:36 PM

indeed it is, but if everyone is responsible, we wouldn't have that problem.

The fact is: Not everyone is responsible, and there will always be people who are stupid, uninformed, raped, drunk, high, horny, broke, or unlucky.

Californication's photo
Tue 10/21/08 10:32 PM
Edited by Californication on Tue 10/21/08 10:33 PM

i say do what my mother did and put the kid up for adoption. i mean, why should the child have to suffer for the parents' mistake, ya know?

men: if you're not ready to be a daddy, keep it in your pants

women: keep your legs closed. don't let some horny bastard talk you into giving him your pie. if he tries to rape you, kick his balls

bottom line: be responsible.

To be honest, one of the main reasons I'm okay with abortion is the fact that overpopulation is a very real issue. Watch the news sometime in the next fifty years, it'll be poking its head out, I assure you.

And yes, I'm a strong advocate of educating about sex.

Unfortunately, the people who want no abortions are also the people who don't want sex taught in school.

Californication's photo
Tue 10/21/08 10:30 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZQjicepM8E&feature=related

haha....that's great

Yeah, Carlin (R.I.P.) was a genius. It was a sad day when he died.

Californication's photo
Tue 10/21/08 10:30 PM

The title really says it all.

I would not say that at all. Pro-life is a choice, if a woman chooses this stance, she is no less a woman unless she tries to deny other women the choice and then she is not being sisterly to other women.

The Pro-Life stance is that it should be applied ubiquitously, with no exceptions. That, I feel, is anti-woman.

Not all women feel that is an across the board deal. I respect a woman's right to her choice. If she doesn't think abortion is a valid option for herself it is fine. If she does that is fine too. No judgement from me either way.

I don't feel that holding something as a personal view that you don't want applied to anyone else isn't really a stance at all, it's a personal preference.

If you -don't- want an abortion, more power to you, but the second you tell someone else they can't is a different story.

Californication's photo
Tue 10/21/08 10:23 PM
Edited by Californication on Tue 10/21/08 10:23 PM

I would not say that at all. Pro-life is a choice, if a woman chooses this stance, she is no less a woman unless she tries to deny other women the choice and then she is not being sisterly to other women.

The Pro-Life stance is that it should be applied ubiquitously, with no exceptions. That, I feel, is anti-woman.

Californication's photo
Tue 10/21/08 10:21 PM
Rest in peace.

Californication's photo
Tue 10/21/08 10:19 PM
Edited by Californication on Tue 10/21/08 10:20 PM

yes it is...but is pro-choice anti-man?

The answer is a resounding "No."

The fact of the matter is, the choice belongs to two individuals: the mother-to-be and the father-to-be.

I personally don't think the male really has any choice in the matter anyway, but I'm in the minority in that.

That's why I don't have sex with people who don't meet most, if not all, of the following criteria:
A) Use birth control
B) Are open to the prospect of abortion
and
C) even hint at not using a condom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Californication's photo
Tue 10/21/08 10:13 PM

Californication's photo
Tue 10/21/08 10:09 PM
I really don't see what there is to discuss.

It hurts no one, in fact, it AFFECTS no one but the parties involved.

Marriage is not sacred, it's a strictly financial institution, and the fact that the government denies that to certain people is outrageous.

Californication's photo
Tue 10/21/08 10:06 PM
I expect respect, love, understanding, cuddling, and sex.

Not much to ask, I think.

Californication's photo
Tue 10/21/08 09:59 PM
And this is why man invented masturbation.

Californication's photo
Tue 10/21/08 09:51 PM

Why the tangent on Harvey Milk? I didnt here a god forsaken thing about how he was brutaly murdered in his office by a Right wing terriorist, who got convicted of manslaughter because of the "Twinkie Defense", what a miscarriage of justice,

Hmm, why the justification of violence while your own god taught that LOVE was the answer (Read the sermon on the mount, its the most love filled speech ever written!)

Can't be teaching kids about tolerance and compassion to fellow man. That'd be the exact opposite of christian.

Californication's photo
Tue 10/21/08 07:57 PM
Beg your pardon, I'm not trying to be offensive, I'm simply trying to do my part to help our species evolve. I'm partially okay with religion, but christianity and catholicism, I genuinely feel, should be educated out of existence. No one thing has caused as much human death and suffering as those two religions, so yes, I'll be a little confrontational to people who defend it like it's gospel, which it obviously isn't.

Californication's photo
Tue 10/21/08 07:52 PM

Hi, I’m not a Wiccan but I just dropped in to say, “Blessed Be”

I’m a mystical pantheist of the ethereal winds
I don’t believe in goblins or vile abhorrent sins
I fly my Jolly Rogers in the privacy of inns
I guarantee the happiness of anyone who grins bigsmile

I'll be using that quote from here on out =p

Californication's photo
Tue 10/21/08 07:45 PM
Sin is a man-made concept. Think for yourself and determine what's right and what's wrong.

Californication's photo
Tue 10/21/08 11:17 AM
Mean mean stride,
Todays tom sawyer
Mean mean pride.

Though his mind is not for rent,
Dont put him down as arrogant.
His reserve, a quiet defense,
Riding out the days events.
The river

And what you say about his company
Is what you say about society.
Catch the mist, catch the myth
Catch the mystery, catch the drift.

The world is, the world is,
Love and life are deep,
Maybe as his eyes are wide.

Todays tom sawyer,
He gets high on you,
And the space he invades
He gets by on you.

No, his mind is not for rent
To any God or government.
Always hopeful, yet discontent,
He knows changes arent permanent,
But change is.

And what you say about his company
Is what you say about society.
Catch the witness, catch the wit,
Catch the spirit, catch the spit.

The world is, the world is,
Love and life are deep,
Maybe as his skies are wide.

Exit the warrior,
Todays tom sawyer,
He gets high on you,
And the energy you trade,
He gets right on to the friction of the day.

Californication's photo
Tue 10/21/08 11:12 AM
Warhammer is everything I wished WoW had been.

Gotta fix up my computer to be able to play at my own damn house frustrated frustrated frustrated