Community > Posts By > PaisleyStorm

PaisleyStorm's photo
Sat 05/02/09 10:23 PM

I've been accused of divulging too much information as a man, so I limit myself.

That's just sad - to have to limit yourself - But I totally understand. I used to write tons of stuff and post on my blog years ago. I didn't write thinking that anyone would ever read it and most was just my thoughts floating around in my head not my convictions or absolutes and it came back to haunt me. My children did NOT approve and were very offended. I too now limit all my writing, internet or paper, to only what I would want my children to read.

That is sad ;(

PaisleyStorm's photo
Sat 05/02/09 05:19 AM

life is like a jar fillrd with golf balls. is the jar filled,yes ,then you add pebbels, is the jar filled,yes, then you add sand,is the jar filled , yes, then you pour 2 cups of coffee in it. now its realy full. The golf ball are important things like GOD,family,friends, The pebbles are like house, job, bills. THE sand is the small stuff like e-mails,resentments,regrets. I know whats the coffee? don't forget to take time to enjoy 2 cups of coffee with a friend.

I have never heard that before - What a great analogy! I will def. re use this and take some time to ponder.

PaisleyStorm's photo
Sat 05/02/09 05:14 AM

For me, looks arent enough, this looking up people on the internet thing is always wierd feeling anyway, and I dont know whats in his big fat head.. I dont care WHAT they look like.. I mean many times I just see the pic, and go.. no nope eww.. nooo.. not you.. wtf was that? Dont get me wrong, he cant be freakish, but Its not the looks alone that are like... gonna get me to email. I kinda also rely on the mutual match thing.

If I have to lead the whole time, its not worth it, so that wouldnt work for me, no matter whats said, I really dont contact anyone.. I ait to see who contacts me. I have only emailed ONE SINGLE guy, and that was because he sounded hilarious with what he wrote.

Looks aren't enough for me either but I won't contact someone without some kind of picture. I have been told that my profile pisses some guys off but at least I know right away that they are not right for me.

PaisleyStorm's photo
Fri 05/01/09 10:46 PM

why are women so dillusional?

IDK - I really don't think I am delusional, I have been around several blocks more than once in my life and I have finally come to the point that it's worth waiting for the RIGHT one instead of settling for mr. Right NOW.

PaisleyStorm's photo
Fri 05/01/09 10:43 PM

Chat Global, Date Local.

I was born in Escondido.

Very cool and I am learning to expand my horizons - I guess mr. right isn't in Escondido ...anymore...

PaisleyStorm's photo
Fri 05/01/09 10:40 PM

So youre saying I should go delete everything I just wrote?!

NO - your profile is amazing! I love it! just wish you weren't in Tennessee

PaisleyStorm's photo
Fri 05/01/09 10:38 PM

I'm thinking maybe if you take the time to think about what it is you are REALLY looking for in a man, you will be able to ask the appropriate questions. If a person says, "ask me anything you want", then they are probably the kind of person that DOESN'T boast about themselves and could quite possibly be a nice and humble person.

At least that's how I look at it. It's probably not going to get you too far if the first thing you've ever posted is a ***** about men.

I didn't realize that it came out so negatively - I honestly was curious as to why men do that - Wasn't trying to bash.

PaisleyStorm's photo
Fri 05/01/09 10:36 PM

It seems the majority of the men on the dating sites don't fill out their profile info and then say "ask me anything and I will tell you" Man that bugs me.

Most women I know have a common complaint that their men don't share or talk about their feelings, hopes, dreams and goals. If you are starting out by saying "Ask Me" it's a pretty tell tale sign that later on in the relationship the women will have to ASK to get the guy to talk and share.

I am searching out someone who doesn't need to be asked - someone who wants to share ... someone who communicates without a prodding.

Why do you guys do this??? arrrggghhh.

I do not know why Guys do this, I also do not know why Gals do this either...
This is not a gender specific problem, to me Laziness is Mediocrity...

When posting a profile you can add in a lot of information; Likes, Dislikes and what you are looking for in a potential date, it does not mean you have to put so much up that your life is exposed.

To the OP; Keep searching, looking, chatting and browsing the forums... You will eventually find someone interesting.

Thank you! and I am !

PaisleyStorm's photo
Fri 05/01/09 10:35 PM

It seems the majority of the men on the dating sites don't fill out their profile info and then say "ask me anything and I will tell you" Man that bugs me.

Most women I know have a common complaint that their men don't share or talk about their feelings, hopes, dreams and goals. If you are starting out by saying "Ask Me" it's a pretty tell tale sign that later on in the relationship the women will have to ASK to get the guy to talk and share.

I am searching out someone who doesn't need to be asked - someone who wants to share ... someone who communicates without a prodding.

Why do you guys do this??? arrrggghhh.

That is the best advice I have ever recieved in my life -- to do with "profiles" and in general. Wow. Okay I'm going to change my profile right now...okay maybe not...but at least I'm taking the "ask me anything part" off. Thanks a lot

And yes, I guess it is because I am just too lazy to get into specifics about me. Which is another thing I am going to "change" on said profile....damn I feel like I have just been burnt.

And for what its worth -- I just removed my "Any questions? I am an open book" And replaced it with about 5 paragraphs....I realize this isn't a "Rate my profile" community.....but that was a great idea...thanks again

Your Welcome - Going to read your profile now :)

PaisleyStorm's photo
Fri 05/01/09 10:33 PM

DID YOU READ MINE AND DID YOU LAUGH..........

yes I read yours and Yes I laughed!

PaisleyStorm's photo
Fri 05/01/09 10:31 PM

:banana: maybe men are affraid of "putting themselves out there" because there are so many judgemental women be seeing you

Judgmental - is that the way I am coming off? I dont' think I am judgmental. I am curious. I do know what I don't want in my life and am making decisions to avoid certain things.

Just because I don't want something in my life doesnt' mean I think it's bad, it's just not right for me.

PaisleyStorm's photo
Fri 05/01/09 10:27 PM

Paisley, I've run into the same issue. The profile is meant to be an introduction, a conversation starter, a chance to see if we have anything in common. If a guy doesn't take the time to complete his profile, I don't bother with him. If he truly wants to get a date here, he'd make the effort, right? If he can't be bothered to write an attractive blurb to start some conversation, he's probably too lazy to keep up a relationship, IMO. The profile is his chance to "sell" himself; if he's not going to take the opportunity, why is he here? Makes no sense to me. This is an ONLINE dating site, so obviously communication must be in writing.

Likewise, I don't understand not adding a pic to your profile if you're seriously looking to get a date. For most of us, there has to be a physical attraction to get us interested. A guy could be the best catch on the planet, but without a photo and an introduction, we'll never know.

Thanks for your spectacular response - I completely agree!

PaisleyStorm's photo
Fri 05/01/09 10:26 PM

first welcome to the site and the forums. Here in the forums you get to know people and see what their responses are . It does tell some about each individual. . join in .. AND not all men are what you say. some of us do want that open communication. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Oh I totally agree that not All men are the same Anything - I don't judge based on gender or stereotype and I haven't had the opportunity for a woman to say "just ask me what you want to know" so I wasn't aware that women were guilty of this as well.

PaisleyStorm's photo
Fri 05/01/09 10:24 PM

think some men are like an oyster... yeah, they are hard to open... yea there may be some mess involved... but you never know until you open one if there is a pearl inside!!

huhslaphead

Great Analogy! Bring on the oysters I guess I'll get my knife out?

PaisleyStorm's photo
Fri 05/01/09 10:23 PM

Hmm, I'm not one to put my life story out there, have you tried emailing & talking to someone that you may be interested in?

That's the question - how would I know if I would be interested in them. I guess my problem is I don't know what to ask someone I know nothing about.

PaisleyStorm's photo
Fri 05/01/09 10:22 PM

Welcome to this siteflowerforyou

ty :)

PaisleyStorm's photo
Fri 05/01/09 10:21 PM

Do you communicate without prodding.

Must be nice to read minds that way.

Actually I do communicate without prodding but I guess I am weird that way, being a writer I communicate all the time. I don't read minds - if I did I would have nothing to write about and certainly wouldn't be asking such stupid questions.

PaisleyStorm's photo
Fri 05/01/09 10:20 PM

First: Welcome to the forums. You should have a good time!

Second: Many woman's profiles say the same thing. Why? I don't know.

Thirdly: Be patient. If treasure was easy to find, it would all be gone.

First - Thank you!
Second - I am learning from these answers lazy, mystery, mean
Third - I expanded my search today and found some spectacular profiles

PaisleyStorm's photo
Fri 05/01/09 10:18 PM

Welcome & G'Luck! :thumbsup: Crystal ball says"a world of knowledge lies beneath your fingertips if one shall seek"laugh flowerforyou

I like that crystal ball - and thanks for the welcome!

PaisleyStorm's photo
Fri 05/01/09 10:17 PM

Hello and welcome and ... oh wait ... this is one of those " why do guys _______!?!?!?!?!?!?"

oh well HI waving anyway flowers

Hi! - Sorry I made such a nube mistake in my first post - :(

Previous 1