Community > Posts By > blackxbird

blackxbird's photo
Wed 10/22/08 08:49 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

blackxbird's photo
Wed 10/22/08 08:34 PM
If you say so whoa

blackxbird's photo
Wed 10/22/08 08:30 PM
So glad you dragged me into this lively threadgrumble tongue2

blackxbird's photo
Wed 10/22/08 08:24 PM

awwwwwwwwwwwwww they all leaving tongue2 tongue2 tongue2

I'm here

waving

hiya! :) i brought another lady in here,lol.

Who said I wanted to be a part of your diabolical scheme?spock

blackxbird's photo
Wed 10/22/08 08:11 PM

awwwwwwwwwwwwww they all leaving tongue2 tongue2 tongue2

I'm here

waving

blackxbird's photo
Wed 10/22/08 08:07 PM
flowerforyou

blackxbird's photo
Wed 10/22/08 01:49 PM
waving

Just saying hi. I have been suffering from depression since childhood and been in and out of treatment for the past 4 years. It stems from other problems... sexual abuse mainly. I also struggle with an eating disorder.

I'm doing okay now, but struggling a bit since I'm getting ready to move out of my parents' house. It's tough.

blackxbird's photo
Wed 10/22/08 01:21 PM
I'm done with this thread and the other abortion one... getting me too upset.:cry:

Try to be civil.waving

blackxbird's photo
Wed 10/22/08 01:16 PM

rape is unfortunate, that doesnt give you the right to further go on after that unfortunate incident and commit another unfortunate act. deal with the rape itself, whatever u need to do to heal from it, but dont decide to kill an innocent baby who did nothing wrong

Rape is not "unfortunate."

Rape is cruel, rape is hellish, rape is brutal, rape is unspeakable... it is horrific, disgusting, ruthless, inhuman, and heartless.

After having lived through a rape, do you really think an 11-year-old girl should have to carry a fetus to term, a constant reminder of the violation she endured?

Also, A FETUS IS NOT A BABY.frustrated

blackxbird's photo
Wed 10/22/08 01:05 PM

sure ok, as long as your living under my roof i can kill your ass because my rights supersede yours because its my house...

as long as your a defenseless baby who is living in my body through no fault of your own and are unable to leave, sorry, my right to comfort supersedes your right to live... hooray for "freedom of choice"

Fetus =/= person.

Do you know what rape is?

blackxbird's photo
Wed 10/22/08 01:02 PM

I intended to be inflammatory. The point I'm making is it's inflammatory to hear that abortion must be legal because of incest, when it's such a small number of cases and current abortion laws don't require parental or father involvement. It's like the system was designed to make sure that victims of incest destroy the evidence. Once the baby is aborted, the mother has no proof of incest even happening. If the girls were encouraged to come forward with allegations of incest, then the fetus could be tested and the guilty punished.

I'm not sure how many victims would come forward even if there was proof, especially if it meant they were required to carry the pregnancy to full term. They would be teased, forced to drop out of school for a while, socially ostracized, and become even more ashamed... when they should have NO shame.

There is no guarantee the guilty would even be punished... our justice system is so f*cked up. I would take the girl having the abortion, getting therapy and healing from the experience over her having to carry the pregnancy to term, giving birth, having to testify and face him AGAIN in court... and then go through therapy.

blackxbird's photo
Wed 10/22/08 12:59 PM

When do you believe life begins?

Terminate it before then and it's abortion, terminate after, then it's murder.

Where do you get your answer?

I don't really have an answer. I just believe in a woman's right to choose.

Dont be ridiculous. A fetus is totally dependent on a woman's body for its survival and well being. Thats is one of those silly, right wing Christian arguments.

How dare you accuse me of being a right wing Christianrofl

blackxbird's photo
Wed 10/22/08 12:53 PM

its more akin to someone robbing you, raping you and forcing you to have the rapists baby.

take away choice and you take away what makes this country great. honestly who has the right to tell a woman what to do with her body? no one. except her and her love.

flowers

blackxbird's photo
Wed 10/22/08 12:44 PM

So you believe in "murdering a baby" only in special cases?

I believe that the child's life might already be in danger. A woman who has experienced rape or incest will possibly not be in her right mind. I think the goal would be for counseling and TLC to make her carry the baby, but the weight of the experience and the pregnancy might be more than the woman can take. The pregnancy is through no fault of her own, after all. I'm not particularly happy with this position on rape and incest, it makes me feel dirty. Maybe I should change my position to only support abortions when the life of the mother is in danger.

I believe that during the pregnancy, if the mother might die, then an abortion should definitely be allowed. If the mother dies then so does the child and letting two people die when only one will definitely die is a morally unacceptable area. The mother's right to life trumps in this case.

Only for rape and incest could these three cases be considered "murdering the baby", because if the mother's life is in danger, then her life must come first. But that's a very rare case, when the baby must be aborted to save the mother's life. In most cases they could do a c-section and put the baby in NICU.

Well, I mean... at least you support those kind of abortions. I don't know, though. Your earlier statements about female vanity were extremely inflammatory. I knew a woman who got an abortion in her 20s.. she felt so guilty her whole life afterward... she was raped in her 40s, and she honestly thought her rape was a punishment from God for aborting her baby.

blackxbird's photo
Wed 10/22/08 12:40 PM

When do you believe life begins?

Terminate it before then and it's abortion, terminate after, then it's murder.

Where do you get your answer?

I don't really have an answer. I just believe in a woman's right to choose.

blackxbird's photo
Wed 10/22/08 12:23 PM

1.) Kindly STFU about things you know nothing about. You cannot use logic and only logic in every situation. Abortion =/= rape =/= theft =/= wife beating (WTF?). In cases of rape, molestation, incest, etc., yes the child will live, but their experience of the world is forever changed. They may go on to have physical, emotional, and mental problems... may end up attempting or committing suicide. You can't compare these.. it's a LOGICAL FALLACY, a weak analogy.

2.) Everyone has their own view of what abortion is and isn't. Personally, I don't think abortion should be a crime at all.

3.)If abortion is legal, women have access to clean facilities and doctors who know what they're doing. If it becomes illegal, women will have to resort to back-alley abortions, coat hangers, throwing themselves down stairs, etc... resulting in MORE deaths, not fewer. Your analogy is stupid, because regardless if murder is illegal or not, the consequences are the same.

Kindly STFU about things you know nothing about. You cannot use logic and only logic in every situation.

I was molested as a child, so unless you were also molested, you should kindly STFU about things you know nothing about.

1) That sucks. But the potential for someone to commit suicide doesn't outweigh the fact that every aborted child is DEAD.

2) Who cares what you think? Really? What matters is this: Is a fetus a human? That is the first question to be asked, but somehow you guys miss that one. If a fetus is human, then why doesn't it have a right to live?

3) If lynching were legal, white supremacists wouldn't have to worry about being arrested. What's your point? We should legalize infanticide so that those who kill their babies can do so safely and cleanly? sick

I was raped and sexually abused continuously for 7 years.

A fetus is human, and it is life, so it is human life. But it is not a human being. It is a fetus.

I got pregnant from my rapist at 11 years old. Eleven. And you're going to tell me I was supposed to carry that baby to term in my body.

First, I would like to say I'm terribly sorry for what happened to you. I know that such experiences can leave emotional scars that will never heal.

Second...I have said twice now that I support the right to get an abortion in cases of incest, rape and life of the mother. I hope you can be bothered to read this post, so that we can actually cover new ground.

So you believe in "murdering a baby" only in special cases?

blackxbird's photo
Wed 10/22/08 12:17 PM

1.) Kindly STFU about things you know nothing about. You cannot use logic and only logic in every situation. Abortion =/= rape =/= theft =/= wife beating (WTF?). In cases of rape, molestation, incest, etc., yes the child will live, but their experience of the world is forever changed. They may go on to have physical, emotional, and mental problems... may end up attempting or committing suicide. You can't compare these.. it's a LOGICAL FALLACY, a weak analogy.

2.) Everyone has their own view of what abortion is and isn't. Personally, I don't think abortion should be a crime at all.

3.)If abortion is legal, women have access to clean facilities and doctors who know what they're doing. If it becomes illegal, women will have to resort to back-alley abortions, coat hangers, throwing themselves down stairs, etc... resulting in MORE deaths, not fewer. Your analogy is stupid, because regardless if murder is illegal or not, the consequences are the same.

Kindly STFU about things you know nothing about. You cannot use logic and only logic in every situation.

I was molested as a child, so unless you were also molested, you should kindly STFU about things you know nothing about.

1) That sucks. But the potential for someone to commit suicide doesn't outweigh the fact that every aborted child is DEAD.

2) Who cares what you think? Really? What matters is this: Is a fetus a human? That is the first question to be asked, but somehow you guys miss that one. If a fetus is human, then why doesn't it have a right to live?

3) If lynching were legal, white supremacists wouldn't have to worry about being arrested. What's your point? We should legalize infanticide so that those who kill their babies can do so safely and cleanly? sick

I was raped and sexually abused continuously for 7 years.

A fetus is human, and it is life, so it is human life. But it is not a human being. It is a fetus.

I got pregnant from my rapist at 11 years old. Eleven. And you're going to tell me I was supposed to carry that baby to term in my body.

blackxbird's photo
Wed 10/22/08 12:11 PM

This thread will never die.frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated

No! And there's another one going on in the politics forum now, too! drinker

blackxbird's photo
Wed 10/22/08 12:10 PM

What I can't get my mind around is, how anyone can support (it and the man O) who is for partial birth abortions, or not caring for late (ICK!)term abortions babies that survive!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h80mSgsQ6CU

(and they are waiting for O's apology for calling them liars.) BB

I guess that you don't know the facts about that situation.

Illinois already had this on the books.

Obama has said that he personally is not for abortions. He is for the choice of others though.

Obama feels strongly about having policies that would reduce the number of abortions -- support for pregnant women, abstinence education, the responsible promotion of birth control.

Adding to my post:

Palin says that she is for women's rights. No way on earth is she for women's rights. She doesn't approve of sex education or any of that. She even had rape victims paying for their own rape kits.frustrated

And conservatives' response to that is... "Well SOMEBODY has to pay for it!"

Not the victim. slaphead frustrated

blackxbird's photo
Wed 10/22/08 12:07 PM

laugh

No, I just think that the Incest excuse for why Abortion must be legal is ridiculous. If you have to libel me to feel like you have made a point, then you have issue. If you are willing to commit libel and accept fallacious logic to hold onto your beloved right to infanticide, then that's your problem and one I am very happy to not share in.

Now that you know that my friend's 12 yr. old daughter was raped by her step-dad and he is in prison for 15 yrs.....

Now that you know that there is an older man on the next street from me that served time for raping a minor family member....

Now that you know that there's many cases of it in the news...

I'll tell you about another friend. Her Uncle molested her and her sisters. They never talked about it until they were adults.

Yep, incest is an excuse. WTF?!

Let's say that 1% of Abortions are due to incest, does the 1% excuse the other 99%? I don't oppose abortions due to incest, but I do oppose abortions for frivolous reasons. Incest, rape and life of the mother are the only morally and ethically acceptable reasons for abortions. I know someone who got an abortion because she didn't want to deal with another kid. I know someone who has gotten several abortions because she doesn't like to use birth control. Those are not legitimate reasons to kill another human being.

Be that as it may, if Roe v. Wade is overturned and abortion becomes criminalized, abortions will STILL happen - just more dangerous and deadly ones. You may not personally agree with abortion, but to make it illegal is just plain stupid.

Hey, the KKK is going to lynch blacks even if it's not legal, so we might as well legalize it so that we know they are doing it the right way.

Yeah, that makes sense.

When has "They will do it anyways, so it might as well be legal" EVER been an excuse except for infanticide? EVER?

Things that are going to happen anyways, so we might as well make it legal...

1) Incest
2) Rape
3) Molestation
4) Murder
5) Theft
6) Assault
7) Wife beating
Do I need to go on? Your reasoning on that is terrible, come up with a better reason than "they are gonna do it anyways" or give it up! There are a lot of crimes that people are going to be doing anyways...

You're comparing abortion to all of those things you mentioned above?? scared

Abortion is killing a baby human, so let's measure infanticide against those seven items on the list to see which is worse.

1) Incest - The child still lives and can have a normal life. Winner: Abortion
2) Rape - See #1
3) Molestation - See #1
4) Murder - Abortion is murder. Winner: Tie
5) Theft - Abortion is murder, theft is simply a property crime. Winner: Abortion
6) Assault - Assault in itself refers to a beating which leaves the victim alive. Winner: Abortion
7) Wife beating - See # 6

Abortion is equal to or worse than all of those crimes, so I'm not sure what your objection is. Do you think that killing a baby is a less serious crime than stealing a taco?

Previous 1 3 4 5