Community > Posts By > smartnana

smartnana's photo
Wed 10/23/13 09:20 AM
I really like this.
"Golden slumbers bless your eyes,
smiles await you when you rise"....

smartnana's photo
Sun 10/20/13 08:13 AM
Just wandered back here after a short break, and found your "song." Love it. Know the feeling all too well. I have a brother who song-writes some, and loves a lot, and has been known to say that if a relationwhip gives him a good song, it's been worth it. Do you use the same name on YouTube? I'd love to hear your stuff.

smartnana's photo
Thu 10/03/13 09:31 AM
I like this a lot. We've all had those moments when we want to run away from ourselves, or run toward ourselves. You capture it nicely.

smartnana's photo
Wed 10/02/13 06:20 PM
Thank you all. I don't write a lot, but happy for the encouragement.

smartnana's photo
Tue 10/01/13 04:18 PM
I'd love to know what you think --

My life is full,
ebbs and flows like the sea.
It carries me on tossing and breaking waves.

You stopped the flow for a moment.
Now my world will close around me again
and soon it will be as if you never came,
and the sea will carry me into the future.

It is lonely in the swell and fall of the waves.
But I know how to survive there;
I will be fine

as soon as the water takes me
from the beach where I lay stranded,
And floats me back into the sea
of my full life.

smartnana's photo
Sun 09/22/13 05:40 PM
Hi. New here, and I have news if you're in the mood for a good new book.

smartnana's photo
Sun 09/22/13 05:37 PM
Edited by smartnana on Sun 09/22/13 05:38 PM
Since heartache seems to something we all share, here's my contribution. brokenheart

Fragments

Fragments of dreams,
pieces of heart,
chunks of lips, of eyes, of hands
Circle endlessly in my head,
Flow down my arms, and out my fingertips.

Words, poems, melodies swirl about,
filling the empty places that you left.

But the damned thing is that
I want to share them with you.

smartnana's photo
Sun 09/22/13 05:18 PM
I've been reading for a bit -- I like your writing. I think this is my favorite so far.

smartnana's photo
Sun 09/22/13 05:05 PM
I've been reading for a bit -- I like your writing. I think this is my favorite so far.

smartnana's photo
Wed 09/11/13 07:46 AM
New here. Still working up the courage to post some writings. But this crossed my screen this morning and made me think of all of us out here looking for...love, or something like it.

"For my part, I prefer my heart to be broken. It is so lovely, dawn-kaleidoscopic within the crack."

D.H. Lawrence

smartnana's photo
Mon 09/09/13 05:16 PM
Pretty new here; just popped by to see what's going on. Good poem, and I'm glad it helped soothe the hurt. Maybe I'll post some of mine.

smartnana's photo
Sun 09/08/13 03:29 AM
Thanks for your responses; you've confirmed what I was feeling would be right. Here I go....

smartnana's photo
Fri 09/06/13 03:13 PM
OK, so I'm no spring chicken...but I still like my share of good times. New to this online game. I do not drive (I can but I have no car), and I use a walker to get around safely. I'm usually upfront that long walks are not for me right now, but that still leaves two questions. I'd love your feedback.

1. Do I tell a guy that I use a walker before we meet, or is that a big turn-off? I like my independence so I don't want to come off all needy, but I kind of think it's unfair not to say. What do you think?

2. No car, like I said,so I'm having a hard time with the "I'll meet you at..." rules for playing this game. Can't always get a ride at convenient times of day. How do I handle this?

I'd appreciate any thoughts, ideas, experiences.

smartnana's photo
Fri 09/06/13 11:29 AM
Message got blocked -- I truly understand.
Here's the site for interchangeable ID bracelets, if they let me post it:
www.laurenshope.com
I'm not connected, just a satisfied customer.
They['re pricey, but if you can bead, they could order just the tag and you could make the bracelets wit6h lobster claws from Michaels or anywhere.
Have fun and good luck.
Cynthia

smartnana's photo
Fri 09/06/13 11:19 AM
Hi. If you're doing that for your patients, you deserve a huge hug! Life can get really dreary surrounded by medical equipment, I know from experience.

About bracelets -- I'm going to message you an internet site that does fantastic, beautiful ID bracelets. Many are interchangeable, so you buy the tag once and sswitch bracelets when you want -- they fasten with small lobster claws. I bought a plain braided leather band and the tag; and I've made some fancier bracelets, including one I wore recently to my son's wedding. If you turn the tag to the inside of your wrist nobody knows...
Keep up the good works. I think someone should make a small pouch with plastic bottles inside to hold spices so people in hospitals, rehab centers, etc. could fix up that horrible food! Just an idea.
Cynthia

smartnana's photo
Fri 09/06/13 11:10 AM
Hi, everyone. I knit and make jewelry, but this isn't about that. Looks like a lot of people doing a lot of different things, so I was wondering...

Could anyone use a steady supply of small, black, flip-top canisters? These hold diabetes test strips, and I use 2-3 a month. They;re very tight, waterproof, about 2" tall and size of nickel inside. Tried using them for beads and stuff, but labeling is a pain. If anyone's interested, I'll start collecting instead of throwing.

Also, I take about 15 different meds (don't ask; I'm doing fine, thanks). It kills me that there's no way to recycle those amber-colored pill bottles. I saw a beautiful sculpture made from them once; would happily start stashing them if anyone's interested.
Cynthia

smartnana's photo
Fri 09/06/13 07:25 AM
OK, fantasy fans. Has anyone ever read anything by Steven Brust? I love his Vlad series (top-selling over the last 30 years), but I love his non-series books even more. And there's a new one coming out this month called "The Incrementalists." I got a sneak peak and reading, and it's great! There's a preview excerpt posted on www.tor.com.

Favorite genre: obviously Fantasy, but also some mysteries, historical romance, nonfiction sometimes.

Most recent favorite read: Davita's Harp, by Chaim Potok.

If you like history and fantasy, have you read any of Harry Turtledove's alternate histories? I like the civil war ones the best, but maybe that's because I know more about the civil war than the others.

smartnana's photo
Fri 09/06/13 07:16 AM
Thanks for sharing the link for Films For Action -- awesome site.
For information on an international campaign to Defend Edward Snowden, and some awesome statements of support, check out www.wsws.org.

smartnana's photo
Fri 09/06/13 06:56 AM
Glad you asked -- I was just going to ask the same thing. And a question -- how come the site includes match possibilities that are way outside the age limits I specified?