Community > Posts By > BendersGame

BendersGame's photo
Wed 10/30/13 02:01 AM
I personally think it's rude to waste their time. I've had it happen once from a 7th day Adventist. He was maybe 16 or 17. Knocked on my door at my apartment, and I answered thinking it was someone expected. He asked me some questions about my beliefs and I kindly thanks for the concern, but I was completely disinterested. He tried one more plea, but I stopped him (and this is where I can thank my parents for a Christian raised household) and said "kick the dust off your feet my friend, I'm set in my stance". He said thank you very much and left promptly to the next door.

I think it's imperative that as a community of nonbelievers (and yes, I think it's an appropriate term for us) that we show believers that we aren't actively trying to tear them down like many of their counterparts have probably done to us. It's our responsibility to show them that you don't have to believe in a god to do the right thing.

BendersGame's photo
Tue 10/29/13 02:47 PM
So, I'm starting a forum for single atheists and agnostics in the DFW area to meet, greet and discuss because let's be honest, we live in the Deep South where it's "god, guns and glory".
Please stick to forum rules, this isn't a place to be demeaning to the religious/nonreligious, rather, a safe zone for those of us who find it hard to meet like-minded people. I hope this helps a lot of people in my region!

I'll introduce myself: my real name is Brent, I live northwest of Fort Worth, a hopeful agnostic who is seeking a female partner.

BendersGame's photo
Mon 10/28/13 08:05 PM
Danke, very kind words!

BendersGame's photo
Mon 10/28/13 07:40 PM
Standard numerical rating system, comments and suggestions are encouraged! Thanks guys!