Community > Posts By > lks1

lks1's photo
Wed 10/01/08 01:44 PM
I have seen a lot of tips on removing viruses on this thread under computers. First thing first. Run a avg or some type of virus protection. If it does not find anything then you need to take some other steps. Depending on the virus if you restore to an earlier date that may not work as some virus infect your backup files. The best way to remove a virus in your computer is to boot to safe mode. You do this by restarting your computer then hitting F-8 or F-10 or one of the F keys depending on your computer to get it to give you the option to boot into safe mode. Once in safe mode you can either by using a disk or thumb drive run your anti virus program. I use avg which will not catch everything. I also have spybot and malware bytes. In combination they do a good job of catching everything when running in safe mode. Or if you do not have these when in safe mode go to bit defender. com and run the online scanner and let it do its job. If you have virtual mode there is a specific program that removes it. Spybot does on some of them as there are several types of virtual mode virus. If I can be of anymore help just let me know and email me here. I wont put my computer business url for fear of getting in trouble.

Ray