Community > Posts By > Agrippa

no photo
Tue 10/28/08 02:11 PM
I am going with Bill Maher on this one. Saw the movie last week. It was a blast.

no photo
Tue 10/28/08 01:18 PM
Maybe they just look in the mirror and see how bad they look. LOL.

Or maybe it has to do with how we all selectively remember the past and only recall the good times. Old people have a lot more "good times" to recall and it makes their current lives look so bad.

It doesnt help that every other day some part of the plumbing has started to fail.

But you have to remember. Almost every annoying cranky old nut you come across is someone else's sweet old Grandma or Grandpa. We just arent privy to them acting nice.

no photo
Tue 10/28/08 12:38 PM

a sense of humour is a wonderful thing to have dear drinker

Yes it is and one pic would be humor. Multiple pics start to suggest you are a political wack-job and who sees that and becomes interested?

and people who post one photo of themselves, with face averted, suggests to me that they might be hiding themselves, either from something or someone.

Not sure what this has to do with anything, but.... you really think a picture where I am not looking dead at the camera would actually hide me from anyone? Yeah, the legally blind maybe.

Wanting to see someone's face doesn't make them legally blind.noway

No it doesnt. But her message implied that I thought I could hide myself from someone by posting a picture of me from the side reading a book. So my reply was that the only way that I could be hiding from someone with that picture is if they were legally blind.

no photo
Tue 10/28/08 12:27 PM

Yes it is and one pic would be humor. Multiple pics start to suggest you are a political wack-job and who sees that and becomes interested?

and people who post one photo of themselves, with face averted, suggests to me that they might be hiding themselves, either from something or someone.

Not sure what this has to do with anything, but.... you really think a picture where I am not looking dead at the camera would actually hide me from anyone? Yeah, the legally blind maybe.

no photo
Tue 10/28/08 12:21 PM

no photo
Tue 10/28/08 11:22 AM
So what does everyone think when they see any of the profiles that people have turned into political ads?

I know there are not many but there are a couple where pictures have been added not to venerate the candidate they like but to attack someone they do not.

I know I personally would never talk to or be interested in such a person.

What does everyone else think? Are they hurting their chances to meet someone?