Community > Posts By > schyeblue

schyeblue's photo
Wed 10/08/08 06:19 PM
Hey All, I just joined maybe a week or so ago, and haven't posted much, so here are my thoughts on the subject at hand.

Some of these are really good. The post by 'Think' is my fave.

I have done a lot of research online and even with my family about what people think this elusive thing called 'Love' is.

Here is just a part of what I came up with. There is a lot more, but for me, it's still something I have yet to achieve. I was married to someone for 27 years and I never, ever felt this kind of love or even true passion. What a shame. Anyway, here goes...

WHAT IS LOVE?

When you are willing to devote your life, your soul, your money, everything that is you to make that one special someone happy.

When that special someone occupies your heart, mind, and every waking moment.

You want them not only to fulfill their dreams & desires but are willing to help them in any way you can.

You are happier with them than without them.

Just being near them or hearing their name brings a smile to your heart and even to your face.

Your “connection” is more than just skin-deep.

When you are sexually intimate, your emotions run deeper than you ever thought was possible. It exemplifies the whole concept of what “making love” is truly all about.

When you have intimate moments, like cuddling, walking hand in hand or wrapping your arms around each other in a lasting embrace, it just feels like this person is an inseparable part of you and you feel a little sad that the touching must come to an end…eventually.

You seek their happiness before you own.

You can’t imagine them NOT being part of your life.

You feel connected to their heart just looking into their eyes, seeing their smile, and knowing that YOU are the one that put that smile there.

When they cry you feel yourself crying for their pain.

You will always fight to keep them in your life, whatever it takes.

schyeblue's photo
Mon 10/06/08 07:01 PM
Hey All,

Joined not too long ago...maybe a week or so. I'm divorced, 53, and looking for friends and maybe a permanent relationship if things work out. I'm a Christian (Baptist :angel:) so intimacy while dating is not my thing. Want to know more about me? Check out my profile. I am permanently, but partially disabled, but still have soooo much to offer. Some "slip and falls" you just never recover from, ya know?

I am really new to the forum deal so if I do something I shouldn't, set me straight. I know I gotta remember that it's not email and it's not a messenger.

If ya want to chat, email or message me privately.