Community > Posts By > heartsPOUND

heartsPOUND's photo
Tue 09/09/08 06:57 PM
So, supposedly it is common courtesy for a man to flip the toilet seat back down after executing a number one. I believe it is for the benefit of the lady waiting to use it after me. But why does this urban myth exist?

In public restrooms, like in coffee houses, bars, and retaurants, I never put the toilet seat back down when I'm done using it. But there is a really good reason why I don't. It's because most men don't even bother to lift the damn thing up before executing a number one. A lot of times I go in there and it's just a big mess! Don't expect me to clean that up! Beacause I won't. The problem with that is, the female waiting to use the restroom after me will think it was I that destroyed the toilet seat. And that's not f*ckin fair.

So I would like to propose the idea of keeping the toilet seat up, in order to keep it clean for the women. It would then require them to flip the seat down for themselves, but at least it'll be clean and they won't have to clean after some slob.

Pretty freakin random, but I'm just curious why men have to put the toilet seat down. Answers?

heartsPOUND's photo
Tue 09/09/08 06:37 PM
cut my toenails.drinker

heartsPOUND's photo
Tue 09/09/08 06:29 PM
Now we're talkin. True non-romance! Mr. Big should've never married Carey after she smashed that bouquet in his face in public, damn it! Now how bout that quickie. pitchfork

heartsPOUND's photo
Tue 09/09/08 06:19 PM
Mine wound is still freshly cut open. And I'm not talking about surgical steel, more like a jagged knife. It's going to take a lot of band-aids to heal this one.sad

heartsPOUND's photo
Tue 09/09/08 05:46 PM

heartsPOUND, I have never been through a divorce but have been in long term relationships that I have felt similar. There are many people in here that have gone through and know what you are going through. My email is always open if you need to talk. Post in the forums get to know the people on this site... there are great people on here. Most are willing to listen and even make you laugh when you need it.

I am so sorry that you are having a rough time. Just know that the emotions that you are feeling are normal. If you google that stages of grief, I think that you will find those helpful in identifying the stages that you are going through.

Like I said my email is open if you need to talk.

tanyaann, thank you for such a heartfelt response. i'm not ready for live group therapy right now, but there seems to be a lot of that here already. it's going to be nice to be able to talk about my problems here. and true, marriage or no marriage, long term relationships are a difficult thing to get over and everyone is sure to have a hard time need they get through it. thanks for the google suggestion, i hadn't even thought of that! thanks for being there for me.

heartsPOUND's photo
Tue 09/09/08 05:29 PM
That's sooo romantic!noway

heartsPOUND's photo
Tue 09/09/08 05:21 PM
Yeah, how bout we go on a date and NOT walk along the beach and watch the sunset. Have dinner at Jack in the Box. Go to the movies and watch a shoot em up action flick. And afterwards, winking get wasted at a dive bar and puke our brains out!

heartsPOUND's photo
Tue 09/09/08 05:12 PM

So pound dont have a romantic relationship... pay a hooker or help your self so the poisions leave the building. No one has to be romantic to do that.:tongue:

Whhaat?!

heartsPOUND's photo
Tue 09/09/08 04:32 PM

Time. It just takes time.:smile:

For sure, as with any sorrows or heartbeaks. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Just keep your chin up, and live for yourself right now.

heartsPOUND's photo
Tue 09/09/08 04:27 PM
I'm SO f*cking over romantic relationships right now.:angry:

heartsPOUND's photo
Tue 09/09/08 04:21 PM
Edited by heartsPOUND on Tue 09/09/08 04:24 PM
If this is the ticket in to Sgt. Pepper's club, I want in! I'm just getting out of a relationship of 6 years, including being married to her for the last 2.5 years to her. After losing the house, we separated in March and will eventually go through a divorce. I've joined the Mingle community because I'm finding myself feeling more and more alone. I miss her dearly and wish we could've worked through the hardships of losing the house. I guess somehow the love between us was lost somewhere along the way because had it still been there, we would still be together. I'm going to have to say I've reached rock bottom in my life right now. I feel so low, most of the time I seclude myself and nestle into pain. Half the time I find it hard getting through the day at work. When my friends take me out for a good time so I can forget about things, I get super drunk. I've gotten back into working out at the gym, and for a while, that provided major stress relief. But I haven't worked out in over a month now. I've been spending a lot of time with my parents trying to catch up in life with them, but I've gotten the worst emotional support from them. Not once has my dad asked how she and I are doing. WTF? I'm missing so much emotionally right now. And I know I'll pull through this eventually. But is there anyone out there that has shares a similar experience? You would think after being married you would never have to go through another break up for the rest of your life. Surely, that's not the case.frustrated

2 Next