Community > Posts By > pyrochik

pyrochik's photo
Mon 10/27/08 01:54 AM
I've been having bad dreams. A lot.

pyrochik's photo
Mon 10/27/08 12:24 AM
Wow. This thread has shown me what a cloistered life I seem to have had. Whereas I've missed out on almost all of the chit-for-brains on the lists, that means I've been home alone for a loooong, long time. Not sure if that's better or worse, but I've drank half a pot of coffee sitting here saying "Good Lord" repeatedly.

Is it better to have gone through all of these scenarios (to your disadvantage) or to have avoided it but lack the experience? The more I learn here, the safer my little forest is looking shocked How can you make sure he (or she) ISN'T the Big Bad Wolf? How to avoid all that from the get-go, I mean?

I'M AFRAID NOW!!!

pyrochik's photo
Sun 10/26/08 06:08 PM

where men treat women with respect and courtesy

that would be nice
and where the man does the pursuing

the thrill of the chase

not into chasing guys

I like being chased

I think this whole topic is most of why I'm habitually single. I'm shy; I see my friends just walk up to some guy and they can just start talking & run with it. I have to take my time, the eye contact 1st, smiling, blushing. I like the anticipation & courtship. I like to charm and be charmed. Most of the world moves much faster than that now, and it's a shame. I have all the material things I need...why is it so hard to find romance? Born late, I guess.

pyrochik's photo
Sun 10/26/08 05:19 PM
I've only been in love once. He had been in a serious accident as a small child, and had many, many reconstruction as he grew. There was something immediate and chemical when I met him (I was working in a C-store). I could see that his features were not quite asymmetrical, but until I saw a photo of him, I didn't see the extent of the damage. My mind saw him as my heart saw him, apparently. Still does.

So much time and effort spent on the goal of "attractiveness"...One question: if you were blind, how would you know who was attractive or not? "The mind calculates, the spirit yearns, and the heart knows what the heart knows."

pyrochik's photo
Sun 10/26/08 02:14 PM

In marriage do thou be wise: prefer the person before money, virtue before beauty, the mind before the body; then thou hast a wife, a friend, a companion, a second self. ~William Penn

A wise woman puts a grain of sugar into everything she says to a man, and takes a grain of salt with everything he says to her. ~Helen Rowland

Women desire six things: They want their husbands to be brave, wise, rich, generous, obedient to wife, and lively in bed. ~Geoffrey Chaucer

pyrochik's photo
Sun 10/26/08 01:19 PM
At the end of Jan. I was a size 24. Today, I'm a size 12. 80 lbs. so far, hard hard hard work. I put "average" but because I have a hard time seeing myself any differently than I was before, I felt like I was lying and changed it back & forth a few times. I see all the pics of the women who are so much prettier than I, and it's very intimidating. I don't know if I'm average or not.

I've met one guy total that I actually had a face/face with. His pic was a gagillion yrs old, and he had to have weighed 100 lbs. more than he claimed...@ LEAST 350. I was...appalled (most tactful word I can come up with). I would never, ever want someone to meet me and have that feeling. It was the most uncomfortable situation I've ever experienced; I would rather downplay myself online and make a killer impression in person.

pyrochik's photo
Sun 10/26/08 01:02 PM

IT"S just chat ladies

Exactly ROFLMAO!!! This got a tad heated for just a chat question, doncha think? How do you know how old the people you chat with really are anyway?? Or their gender, location, etc.... AIDS from chat? Hahahahaha! Clean your desk & puter with bleach, keep your fingers above the desktop, & that pesky, multi-partner, drug-shooting keyboard will no longer be a threat. C'mon, ya'll! Omg, this is so funny.

Oh, btw, I measure it by halfway between my age & my daughter's age for dating...just feels kind weird otherwise. Meow, I mean rawrrrr!

pyrochik's photo
Sun 10/26/08 12:49 PM
The best part is when all the answers on their profile are "I'll tell you later", and in their first contact explain to you how good looking they are. Especially when every other word is "babe". Gag, retch, all that good stuff. huh noway

pyrochik's photo
Sun 10/26/08 05:14 AM

You know giving someone a second chance when they whiffed at a golf ball is one thing. But taking someone back after they've started seeing someone else is just foolish. Second chances, they are fine in a lot of respects and in certain situations they should be granted. But in affairs of the heart, all it does is act like a pinsetter, it sets you back up to be knocked right back down.
This has been my experience, also. If it is the hardest learned lessons that are best remembered, than I'm set for life. And so what if they do change? The person you cared about wasn't who you believed them to be, or the person you cared about. Meeting someone new, falling in love unexpectedly; doodie happens. But show the respect of LEAVING instead of CHEATING. Anyone who actually loves you would do that. I think it's the disrespect that hurt me so bad. And no, I didn't give him a second chance.

pyrochik's photo
Sun 10/26/08 03:42 AM

Talk with the TV as a background noise probably.

Never really read together with any girlfriends.

But then again I'm from MS and hearing some of them try to read is a pretty scary thought in itself!

Ahem. Cough, cough. Some of "us" are transplants from the real world, with shoes, teeth...even reading & composition skills. Play nice. That being said...you're absolutely right, and it goes both ways. Damn it.

pyrochik's photo
Sun 10/26/08 03:19 AM
Edited by pyrochik on Sun 10/26/08 03:20 AM
I've seen so many peoples hours cut and people laid off in the last two weeks its ridiculous...After what I've seen in the last 2 weeks I'm counting my blessings I have a job.

AMEN. Over 200 people have been laid off where I work. They've cut the rest of us down to 4 days a week until at least the end of January. I'm used to 6 days including overtime, so I'm down A LOT at the end of the week. PINCH.

pyrochik's photo
Sun 10/26/08 02:59 AM
...but I only have a blue hood...damn

pyrochik's photo
Sun 10/26/08 02:44 AM
I had a problem in the beginning at my job--it's "men's work", and some of the guys resented me a little. BUT I also have about 1800 degrees coming out of the end of my brazing tip, so scaring or touching me is really stupid. I immediately turn towards the source, fire first. scared A couple of scorches, laugh in their face, and turn back to business. After a month or so they gave it up. Back 'em down, they'll get bored (or scared) and get off your back.

pyrochik's photo
Fri 10/24/08 10:48 PM
I made this today and used the beer...oh my God...I toasted some sourdough bread and dipped it...I can barely move I'm so full. Wonderful, fabulous stuff. Gentlemen, take a bow.
drool

pyrochik's photo
Fri 10/24/08 09:03 PM
Edited by pyrochik on Fri 10/24/08 09:06 PM
Looks
+eyes, -tummy

Personality
+intelligence, -shyness

I'm great at conversation unless I'm attracted to someone; I'll stutter & stammer like a teenager. I can work with the public and have a blast, but I sound like an idiot if it matters. Dang it.

pyrochik's photo
Wed 10/22/08 12:40 AM
My hair is about hip length...I like a man who can at least wear a braid, even if not as long as mine. Male or female, hygiene isn't optional; that being said, I love to have my hair brushed, be petted, & I like to return the favor. It's kind of a primal thing and incredibly relaxing. And the little curls on the nape of the neck...kiss curls...that's sexy.drool

pyrochik's photo
Mon 10/20/08 07:25 AM
I'm the middle of 7 (yep, that's SEVEN) girls, and I'm the one who hung out with my Dad. I've got the whole camping, survivalist, hunting thing down pat. Some of it I resented while growing up, but it's come in handy & I don't think I'd get voted off the island lol.

pyrochik's photo
Sat 10/18/08 08:20 AM
Edited by pyrochik on Sat 10/18/08 08:23 AM
I call animal control, they bring out a live cage/trap with food in it, and I monitor it. If said doggies go in...I call the sheriff's office & they come pick them up. The owners have to pay boarding fees, license fee, and spay fee. If it acts viciously & we can't trap it, I dose food with a sedative (from the pound) and we knock his mean ass OUT...then owners also have to pay a public nuisance fee. After a couple hundred $$$$, they keep their dogs at home.

If dog tries to attack me or mine before I can take these steps...I don't use bb's, and problem is permanently resolved. There's mercy, and there's common sense.

pyrochik's photo
Sat 10/18/08 07:55 AM

Blissful solitude baby.....a rare luxury that few people can afford themselves. All of my married or hooked-up friends love hanging out at my home for the alien peace, calm and quiet.

Having someone to take up the space and break the silence is wonderful.

But, being single ain't a bad gig either if you have the right mind set.

I agree totally. I live in the middle of a wildlife management area, totally peaceful & no neighbors. My friends "escape" to my house also. I very seldom get lonely and when I do, I have places to go/ppl to see. I'm very very lucky...I like my life.

pyrochik's photo
Fri 10/17/08 11:08 PM
flowerforyou Est-ce que vous pouvez l'écrire?flowerforyou

Mais ce ne serait pas plaisir à tous ....winking