Community > Posts By > Terriann1

Terriann1's photo
Mon 07/22/13 10:32 AM

no , i want to devote my life to one old lady who can stay happy with me.

laugh start by not calling her an old lady laugh

Good luck to you. I hope you find what you seek.

Couldn't have said it better myself slaphead

Terriann1's photo
Mon 07/22/13 10:23 AM

Thank you terriann!

Your very welcome...:smile:

Terriann1's photo
Mon 07/22/13 10:18 AM
Yes it certainly changes everything. It should be a mutual decision made by both.

Terriann1's photo
Mon 07/22/13 09:05 AM

You come home from a hard days work
I smile and give you a little smirk
Rose pedals scattered all over the floor
Leading you straight to the bedroom door
Candles lit all over the room
The radio plays our favorite tune
I take you and lay you on the bed
All these thoughts going through my head
We make love like never before
You have me wanting and screaming for more
All through the night you have set me on fire
Filling my every want, need and desire
Then I wake to dawns early light
Thinking of you and our beautiful night
I smile and give you that little smirk
And your off again to a hard days work

Nice job Pkh! Hopefully someday I'll have someone to share this with! :smile:

Terriann1's photo
Mon 07/22/13 07:52 AM

This is something I have a hard time wrapping my head around. I don't understand how anyone, man or woman, can leave their home and travel long distances to see someone that they really don't know. I know some may argue that they talked for a long time on the internet.

But just because you have talked to someone over the net for a long time doesn't mean you know that person. This also includes phone calls and TXT messages. You really don't know who you're talking to until you meet them.

It just seems a little crazy to me to travel very far. I've been doing the on line dating thing for a long time. I've met a few,what seemed to be nice women. Just no click. All the others were either goof balls,nuts or weirdos.

I met all these women within 20 to 50 miles of my home. I just don't understand the reasoning for traveling to another state or country to meet someone that I may not click with once I'm there. OR, They turn out to be either a goofball,nut or weirdo.

Why travel for it when you can pretty much find all of this,at home, right outside your door?

Because I 'clicked' with them.

But how do you know that you did? Are you telling me that you "clicked" with different women at different times over the net? Before you ever met them?

That's the hard part to me. I know that anyone can be who ever they want to be over the net. So, With knowing that, I can't see how anyone can think they really know someone well enough to travel long distance to meet that person.

Right now, On another site,Their is a woman that I have been talking to now going on five yrs. I've never met her. She seems sweet and very likeable. But, In the five yrs I have talked to this woman I can't say that I really know her. She lives in Panama City Fla. I would say, guessing, 300 miles from me.

I like the lady or I wouldn't have talked to her this long. But, I wouldn't travel the 300 miles give or take a little to see her. For all I know everything she has ever told me is truth. For all I know everything she has told me is nothing but bull shyt. Nothing but fabricated lies. 300 miles is a long way to go just to see if all the things you have talked about is true or just a load of bull.

By the way, Just to be honest, I did it once about 5 yrs ago. It was 125 miles one way to this persons home. When I got there I found out quickly that this woman was not who she advertised herself to be.

Long story short, The picture she had up was of her about three yrs out of high school. She looked around 30ish in the picture. She had long,dark wavy hair in the picture. Once I met her, She had a mullet and rotten teeth. She looked no way the same as she did in the picture. That was that for me. 250 mile round trip just to find that this person misrepresented herself. She said she thought It would be OK once I met her. GEEZE!! No more long trips to meet someone ever again for me.

Sorry you've had bad luck, but 300 miles is nothing. JMO.

I've been on dating sits for awhile too, but haven't pursued due to my condition, until mingle.

The first lady I was interested in just wanted to date around. She handled my pass with tact and class and I would like to think we are still good friends.

The second lady I was interested in said she would date me, but no ldr. So when I said I'd move there to see if we would click and marry or not (noted I said she did not have to marry me) or just be friends she went all biotchy, classless and tactless. Needless to say we are not friends and have blocked each other. Why the second one had to lie I have no idea, but it made me bitter and angry so I vented some rage and got over it.

The third lady, my woman, is the sweetest woman you could imagine. I have clicked with her and already have deep feelings, which is shared by her. We are both looking forward to our meeting (which is going to take a year due to my medical condition, which she is aware of). So see charles, third time is a charm!!!

Don't be afraid of distance in this age of jets.

I agree with hippie you never know what can happen. It might take a few clicks to find the right one but I truly believe that the person I'm looking for is out there and I'll just keep looking. Happy to hear things are going good for you hippie it gives me hope:smile:

Terriann1's photo
Mon 07/22/13 05:50 AM

WOMEN OVER 50
60 Minutes Correspondent Andy Rooney (CBS)
Andy Rooney made the following statement: As I grow in age I value women over 50 most of all.
Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over 50 will never wake you in the middle of the night and ask, "What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think. If a woman over 50 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do, and it's usually more interesting. Women over 50 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you if they think they can get away with it. Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated. Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 50. Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 50 is far sexier than her younger counterpart. Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk if you are acting like one. You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her. Yes, we praise women over 50 for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed, hot woman over 50, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year old waitress.

Ladies, I apologize. For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?" Here's an update for you, now days 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage!

Andy Rooney is a really smart guy!

I posted this on another thread but decided it needed to be posted here. To you ladies over fifty be proud of who you have become.

Couldn't of said it better. Yeah for women over 50 who dont want or need drama! smile:

Terriann1's photo
Mon 07/22/13 05:20 AM
Where have all the good guys gone???explode This forum really needs to get something happening! PKH tells me she has been trying for along time now I'm gone try and see what happens. I hear mootown downtown is the only one that comes in this forum lets get this forum on its feet! Wisconsin is a great place!!!!:smile:

Terriann1's photo
Mon 07/22/13 05:04 AM

Poured a cup of coffee then drank it here alone
rolled myself a cigerettee and smoked it on my own
pulled the cord out of the telephone standing in the hall
took a shower made myself smell nice but no one came to call
closed the curtains as i stood there turned out all the lights
the days are slowly breaking me and i just cant sleep at nights
im a wreck of pure emotion so many tears have found my eyes
asked the lord to ease my aching heart incase he didnt realize
im screaming in the darkness and it echo,s in my mind
how can i look to my tomorrows when its lonliness ill find
if there is a way to find me take my heart and set me free
walk a mile right here in my shoes let me taste your company

I really enjoyed your poem. I've felt this way myself and know what it feels like. Put a smile on your face everyday and start out positive. Hope things get better for you soon!:smile:

Terriann1's photo
Mon 07/22/13 04:56 AM

It's been awhile since I've felt this way
Your words just seem to make me feel okay
You made me feel so alive again last night
Every second, every moment felt just right
I feel like I can tell you anything
So who knows what this friendship may bring
So until then I look forward to tomorrow
No more pain, no more sorrow
And until we meet again
Smile, be happy my new found friend

Very sweet Pam!!! Hopefully I'll be able to say this sweet thing to someone someday soon!:smile:

Terriann1's photo
Mon 07/22/13 04:51 AM

This is something I have a hard time wrapping my head around. I don't understand how anyone, man or woman, can leave their home and travel long distances to see someone that they really don't know. I know some may argue that they talked for a long time on the internet.

But just because you have talked to someone over the net for a long time doesn't mean you know that person. This also includes phone calls and TXT messages. You really don't know who you're talking to until you meet them.

It just seems a little crazy to me to travel very far. I've been doing the on line dating thing for a long time. I've met a few,what seemed to be nice women. Just no click. All the others were either goof balls,nuts or weirdos.

I met all these women within 20 to 50 miles of my home. I just don't understand the reasoning for traveling to another state or country to meet someone that I may not click with once I'm there. OR, They turn out to be either a goofball,nut or weirdo.

Why travel for it when you can pretty much find all of this,at home, right outside your door?

I would travel to the ends of the earth to meet my special best friend. But since being on this site which has only been 1 month I've encountered 5 scammers. I can't believe how many of them their are out there. But I'm not going to give up on finding that special best friend cuz I know he's out there somewhere. I'm just gonna be smarter on asking the right questions up front. I don't get any views from my area and think that distance is only miles if you truly want to be with someone. I would however make them travel the distance to be sure they are real. I'm beginning to think the only real people on this site are in the forums. Have a great day everyone and don't forget to smile....:smile:

Terriann1's photo
Fri 07/19/13 07:16 AM

I feel ya. I blocked someone but I still have to see them in my 'you may be interested in..' runway.
I probly drove the mods crazy cus I kept reporting it. haha. sorry.

Don't feel bad I think I am driving the mods crazy right now reporting scammers. explode I think I keep getting the same ones back as someone else because they talk the sameway in emails. 3 of them in one week and now I think that 2 came back as someone else. Only on site 1 month and its really been an experiencemad

Terriann1's photo
Fri 07/19/13 07:04 AM

Please make sure that all reports are done within the Reporting System and not through e-mails to the Admin..
Once I block them that is the only time that message comes up and then it says the message goes directly to Charles I'm not emailing him its already prefilled in to report possible scammer. I checked my sent messages and scrolled and there is nothing on there unless its in the one you receive from them. But since I blocked them I cant view the inbox only sent. Guess Ill just have to wait and see what happens. Learning this has not been easy. Sorry for so many questionsfrown

There are many times that certain Admin are not online and it will take longer for them to see those issues through e-mails.

So please use the Reporting System in place only and not e-mails on these type of site issues.

To report a member if they have e-mailed you scroll to the bottom of the e-mail and click on Report/Abuse/Spam and follow the instructions.

Site Mod
Kristi

I always thought that you do it when you block them then the message comes up to Charles. I will do it the way your saying. Sorry for being such a pain....

Terriann1's photo
Fri 07/19/13 06:55 AM

Please make sure that all reports are done within the Reporting System and not through e-mails to the Admin..

There are many times that certain Admin are not online and it will take longer for them to see those issues through e-mails.

So please use the Reporting System in place only and not e-mails on these type of site issues.

To report a member if they have e-mailed you scroll to the bottom of the e-mail and click on Report/Abuse/Spam and follow the instructions.

Site Mod
Kristi

I always thought that you do it when you block them then the message comes up to Charles. I will do it the way your saying. Sorry for being such a pain....

Terriann1's photo
Fri 07/19/13 04:25 AM
After I posted this I went back in to block and Microsoft out look was gone and the block went right to Charles cuz his name was on there already filled in. Please ignore this help but thanks.

Terriann1's photo
Fri 07/19/13 04:07 AM
I was able to report 1 scammer without using Microsoft outlook cuz when I clicked report Charles came up like an email and I reported it but now it's asking to report it through Microsoft outlook and I don't have that. One person I just blocked and their is another I think maybe also but could be wrong. I've been scammed 3x in a week and I believe these may be the same people with different pics and profiles. Please help me sort this out. Thank you!

Terriann1's photo
Wed 07/17/13 02:40 PM

I have been briefly in and out of dating forums over the past ten years.., as I do not go to bars, etc.. Over this time, I have had communication with many women in these sites.. and about 80% of the time (before we get past emails/ phone calls and about to set up a meeting/date).. I have heard the same "final minute confessions"..:

- My pic is not as recent as I said it was.. (sometimes as much as 15 years old)

- My relationship status isn't exactly as I said it was... (married/just separated/etc.)

- I do have children, but I didn't want to bring it up.. (some with 5-6)

- etc/etc/etc..

Therefore..., I have dated very few times, during these years.., because I won't begin a relationship founded on lies..

..And I am pretty sure, from what the platonic ladies in my life have told me, that it happens with men, too.., so this isn't a thread just directed at women..

Why lie..?

You eventually have to meet this person at some future point.., so why start off lying about who you really are..? I'm sure many people get stood up, because they have someone looking for a younger person..

If you aren't confident enough about who you are and what you want in life, by the time you reach 50.., maybe a dating site isn't the best place to begin spending your free time..?

Just a thought... and yours are all welcome, too..

I totally agree with you. At this point in life you certainly should be able to be up front and honest from the start. Be confident in who you are and if someone doesn't like you for who you are move on. I've run across the same thing people put up pics that aren't even them just to get responses. Know who you are and what you want and don't settle just to have someone. :smile: :smile:

Terriann1's photo
Wed 07/17/13 02:40 PM

I have been briefly in and out of dating forums over the past ten years.., as I do not go to bars, etc.. Over this time, I have had communication with many women in these sites.. and about 80% of the time (before we get past emails/ phone calls and about to set up a meeting/date).. I have heard the same "final minute confessions"..:

- My pic is not as recent as I said it was.. (sometimes as much as 15 years old)

- My relationship status isn't exactly as I said it was... (married/just separated/etc.)

- I do have children, but I didn't want to bring it up.. (some with 5-6)

- etc/etc/etc..

Therefore..., I have dated very few times, during these years.., because I won't begin a relationship founded on lies..

..And I am pretty sure, from what the platonic ladies in my life have told me, that it happens with men, too.., so this isn't a thread just directed at women..

Why lie..?

You eventually have to meet this person at some future point.., so why start off lying about who you really are..? I'm sure many people get stood up, because they have someone looking for a younger person..

If you aren't confident enough about who you are and what you want in life, by the time you reach 50.., maybe a dating site isn't the best place to begin spending your free time..?

Just a thought... and yours are all welcome, too..

I totally agree with you. At this point in life you certainly should be able to be up front and honest from the start. Be confident in who you are and if someone doesn't like you for who you are move on. I've run across the same thing people put up pics that aren't even them just to get responses. Know who you are and what you want and don't settle just to have someone. :smile: :smile:

Terriann1's photo
Wed 07/17/13 07:07 AM

My luck for the 2 weeks I have been on this site has not been great. 3 scammers all of which were reported and deactivated. Now looking to meet great friends in the forums and give the dating thing a rest. Happy to be! happy drinker
lol come on thought we were playing detectives

We are as long as were on here SCAMMERS beware! lol

Terriann1's photo
Wed 07/17/13 06:59 AM
My luck for the 2 weeks I have been on this site has not been great. 3 scammers all of which were reported and deactivated. Now looking to meet great friends in the forums and give the dating thing a rest. Happy to be! happy drinker

Terriann1's photo
Wed 07/17/13 06:48 AM

something like this?

Absolutely beautiful! happy