Community > Posts By > CardsChick2013

no photo
Thu 07/25/13 09:13 AM
Incredible thunder right over my apartment all morning! Poor doggie who lives upstairs didn't seem to like it though. :(

Right now I've got my windows open, working from home, and my skin is just drinking up this humidity like a sponge.

**love it**

no photo
Wed 07/24/13 08:24 PM
Facial hair has this amazing way of snagging my attention.

no photo
Wed 07/24/13 08:15 PM
I would much prefer to have monsoon action outside my house!!

frustrated

no photo
Wed 07/24/13 06:51 AM

You seem like an interesting and funny person. Don't let anyone get you down on here... it's just people afraid to live and that find amusement in hurting others. Stay Well. Bob

Aw, that's not why I deactivated for a while...thought I found someone. It didn't work out. *shrug*

Thank you for the kind words. :)

RAIN! happy

no photo
Tue 07/23/13 09:41 PM
A Comet Appears, by The Shins. Heartbreak music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DmuVLYfEoQ

no photo
Tue 07/23/13 07:33 PM
That is amazing.

And very true for me right now, suffering from a broken heart after a mere two weeks (!)

I went into it so sick of relationships, just wanting a friend. But at least now I know I can still feel.

no photo
Mon 07/01/13 09:03 PM
Dear clouds,

Normally I like to be teased, but y'alls just mean.

Sincerely,
CC

no photo
Mon 07/01/13 08:29 PM

Not to be crude here but if you look at her profile I don't think she means restaurants...rofl

rofl

When I saw the topic I thought, "doesn't this belong over in dating & relationships??"

no photo
Mon 07/01/13 08:05 PM
I know for me personally I try to never respond to someone in a PM who doesn't have a photo of themselves somewhere in their profile. It's just a red flag...when I enter a room I prefer to have the lights on. I've seen that some others around here have that policy too. Try putting up a photo of yourself and see if you get more play.

no photo
Mon 07/01/13 07:23 PM
I think I am in the opposite boat...I just got out of a ten year relationship so the LAST thing I am looking for is something serious...that doesn't mean I don't want human interaction, I just need my independence so fiercely right now. I think that probably a lot of guys might be in this same state of mind because of bad experiences with needy, clingy girlfriends...mine was a needy, clingy husband. It's extremely exhausting.

no photo
Mon 07/01/13 07:01 PM

Are you able to make the change in your mind when it goes from "flash" to "real", or do you tend to run or have a hard time after the fire has burn down?

For me I like both but enjoy the warmth of the embers more than the excitement of the first flame.

I think human beings *NEED* *BOTH*. There's an excellent book on this called Mating in Captivity.

I think my marriage was 100% about the warmth of emotional safety and there was zero excitement. That kind of thing, obviously, can't last. ;)

Thank you for your comment about my new pic btw!! happy

no photo
Sun 06/30/13 09:55 PM
I can't say marriage is all bad...after all, I got a beautiful, amazing baby girl out of it. I agree with others...kids = the best

no photo
Sun 06/30/13 09:53 PM
*must not rain on others parade*
*must not rain on others parade*
slaphead

no photo
Thu 06/27/13 05:42 PM
Let's all get on here and do a rain dance!

Anybody else here get so giddy during the monsoon? Once I even start to see a hint of clouds, I'm clicking refresh on weather.com like every 5 mins...lol

no photo
Wed 06/26/13 08:05 PM
Thank you guys! Excellent feedback!

no photo
Wed 06/26/13 06:55 PM
msharmony you are my favorite!

I think that there is no way to stretch yourself and grow unless you put yourself in situations where you're uncomfortable and try to be the person you want to be. That may mean trying to break old habits, or create new ones, but anyone can always slip and fall back into old habits.

no photo
Sun 06/23/13 09:30 PM
I would like to get both the male and female perspective on this.

We all know guys generally like to cut to the chase. So it's understandable when it happens, but what do you say when you like him and you don't want to totally shut him down, you just want him to ease up a little?

noway

no photo
Sun 06/23/13 09:17 PM

I don't think its just the confidence that attracts women to bad boys. I think the thrill of being with someone who is a little edgy or dangerous is what really gets them.

I agree. The attraction to bad boys is definitely in the mystery/excitement factor. A guy doesn't have to be a bad boy to be confident, though. I always say 2 things:

Confidence can make up for a thousand ills

and

What a woman wants is a man who isn't going to put up with her bullsh*t.

The last one is totally tongue-in-cheek so don't flame me! The point though is that being insecure or passive is totally a turn-off and this is what a lot of so-called "nice" guys don't get.

:tongue:

no photo
Sun 06/23/13 04:20 PM
Hi everybody. I just created a new profile today. So far I like this site! Right now I'm just here for fun and chat, so hit me up if you like. Cheers. :)

2 Next