Community > Posts By > StolenTyme

StolenTyme's photo
Thu 04/09/09 09:16 PM
I believe that we all wear hats, different roles (boss at job, dad at home, drunk partyer, whatever) There are so many aspects to each of us that are fragmented though the various phases of our day. When you go to the club/bar you are meeting this persons representative LOL, the person they want you to see.

Many of us don't know our true selves or our potentials, and thus fail to reach for the stars.

back to the initial question, YOU define your reality, so whatever you think you are, is what you are becoming. The trick though, is that its self imposed, and can ONLY come from within.

Also, an empathetic person (human relation skills) can vaguely see into your soul by reading inbetween the lines, so who you really are WILL come out eventually. So work to improve yourself if you want others to see the shining you. Life itself is a continual process of improvement, that YOU Must work on yourself.

Imho thats the meaning of life itself, that it gets better...

StolenTyme's photo
Thu 04/09/09 09:02 PM
In most situations, how are you today? or how was your day? is merely a cordial invitation to conversation. If your not prepared to dedicate interest, don't ask the question imho.
really its just an open ended excuse to complain, but does WONDERS for the person getting it off their chest, that someone cares enough to listen. Wether your after the illusion of caring, or truely care is up to you.
My variation upon this question is to make a bigger picture, was today better than yesterday? last week? 1 year ago? tomorrow? these questions might help to expand the conversation, and help identify what you can do to help change their 'days' for the better.

in my opinion don't spread your love out thin and fake to everyone you meet, concentrate it and be real.

StolenTyme's photo
Tue 08/19/08 12:04 AM
Welcome to the club anime-aholic. Why don't you help us understand you better by telling us which anime/characters you idolize & why?

C'mon throw some qualities out there that you love

Vash the Stampede: Because he's fearlessly cheerful and an easy going guy you would never expect to be badass & save the day.

StolenTyme's photo
Mon 08/18/08 11:48 PM
I wasn't particularly impressed with the movie either, Cool CG and all...

Strangely, coming away from that movie I felt that the hidden message was promoting inter-racial relationships. Specifically Chinese girls need to date American men, and Chinese men (jet li) are evil/wimpy bastards, and the enemy of our heros.

I was kinda offended actually that yeoh and li would make that kinda sensationalistic flik.

StolenTyme's photo
Mon 08/18/08 11:25 PM
I would say that REAL men, have direction in thier lives, an understanding where they come from, and a clear direction where they wish to go.
an over-arching structure of meaning/purpose in their lives. Many guys try to make up for this void of meaning with style/charm, and are great at selling themselves. Thats great and all if you like living in the short term.
True love is a never-ending war, not a battle. meaning/purpose makes the long-haul bearable.

Real Men know a little bit about about everything, fake men know ALOT about nothing.

StolenTyme's photo
Mon 08/18/08 11:02 PM
The difference between geek & Nerd. Which one are you?

NERDS know math & science and make programs, buildings, bridges, basically modern technology.

GEEKS cannot make any of these, they just appreciate them profusely. i.e. World of Warcraft. They dunno how its made but they appreciate it, ALOT.

not saying that a nerd cannot be a geek, but geeks are not nerds.

StolenTyme's photo
Mon 08/18/08 10:31 PM
I am personally dumbfounded by this question. Did you know that generally... in nature...

Females are the larger and more agressive of the two sexes. Males are typically smaller, softer, are more brightly colored, and are more likely to do a dance.

America is the largest patriarchal society in history, Since the 70's & womens rights we've slowly been losing ground until we're about equal (civil rights today)

Many guys secretly wish we were still hunters, and that women were gatherers, but we live in the future where a female can be a hunter and a dude can be a gatherer.

although, no guy would admit to surviving off berries, WHERES THE BEEF!

StolenTyme's photo
Mon 08/18/08 09:38 PM
If you want cultural diversity, try California or New York. Join the future on the edges of America. Don't get me wrong, NASCAR was the future of america... for a while

StolenTyme's photo
Mon 08/18/08 09:20 PM
TransGenic Trans(Changing Gene) or maybe Bi-Racial(Two Ethnicities) Im about as exotic a human being as they come, Your mind will now wander into the silly zone. Just because one is Exotic doesn't mean they can live for self gratification. I have plenty of obligations in my life both to myself and my ancestors that have defined who I am, and who I am not.

Sorry I am a person of history & culture, and recovering my roots, if your just your average alcoholic american, whose given up on history, you wouldn't understand me.

Philosophy > Religion

StolenTyme's photo
Mon 08/18/08 07:19 PM
Hello ladies and gentlemen, I am Paolo and I am new to this community. Ultimately Im looking for some new friends, but am not sure how to present myself. I am a subtle, well meaning smartass. I don't care about cars or sports, and whenever I drink I usually end up regretting it later. I enjoy intelligent conversation, and playing mindgames(I am empathetic). If you seriously start talking about poop I will leave the room.

A few words that describe me would be: Composed, TransGenic, World Travelled, Intelligent/college grad, Well Mannered & Respectful, Boring.

I am looking for female friends to talk with, and maybe adventure with to cool hangouts around San Diego area.

You know how many profiles are lies? Mine is 100% true, and the tip of the iceberg