Community > Posts By > LoverforOne

no photo
Sun 10/03/21 12:15 PM
Edited by LoverforOne on Sun 10/03/21 12:24 PM
In my opinion, nothing ever ends.
It usually gets recycled.

My opinion on life is that until we get it right we repeat our life over and over again.

We are born. We live. We learn about life and interact with others.
If we didn't resolve problems and issues....... then when we die we go back in time to the day they were born and repeat, repeat, repeat, until we get it right.
That is what "De-Ja-Vu" is about, because we were there; when we were there before going back to the start.

It is a simulation.
Get it right next time.

no photo
Sun 10/03/21 12:06 PM
We can either carry on or give up. It is as simple as that.
I am carrying on.

no photo
Sun 10/03/21 11:57 AM
My opinion is that if a partner "cheats on you" it is because they have NO Respect for you, and just see you as an object for them to play with.

no photo
Sun 10/03/21 11:54 AM
Neither. I don't need approval and "click" likes to enjoy life and know that I am a beautiful person.

no photo
Sun 10/03/21 11:52 AM
Love is sacrificing yourself but NOT to the detriment of your own well-being.

no photo
Sun 10/03/21 11:38 AM
Edited by LoverforOne on Sun 10/03/21 11:45 AM
Love is what you feel in your brain due to the neurochemical called Oxytocin.

Other neurochemicals involved are Seratonin & Dopamine.

What proper Love is like:
Imagine that yourself and the person that you consider you love are about to walk across the street.
He or she steps off the pavement, and you can see that they are about to be hit by a vehicle and likely killed.
Love would be in that scenario that you quickly run out to them, push them away from the oncoming vehicle, and scarifice your life by being hit and killed by the vehicle which would have otherwise hit them.

That is Love.

no photo
Sun 10/03/21 11:29 AM
Edited by LoverforOne on Sun 10/03/21 11:33 AM
Yes SparklingCrystal I understand and accept what you have written.

So, in a relationship it is VERY important to set boundaries.
To communicate with eachother what you do and do not expect from the relationship.
To be able to discuss any issues that may arise.

Communication is "key" in any relationship.
If either or both persons refuse to communicate in an adult manner, then that is going to be the end.
Both persons should ideally behave and interact with eachother in the adult mindset.

no photo
Sun 10/03/21 11:16 AM
Friends with benefits is far better than a dysfuncional or/and abuse relationship.

Friends with benefits is about each person meeting up as friends and having sex to satisy eachothers sexual needs.

The BIG issue is that if a person has lots of Friends with benefits they are more likely to catch an STI (Sexually transmitted infection), and then pass it on to someone else.

That is why I would advise people who have friends with benefits types of relationships to use condoms.

no photo
Sun 10/03/21 11:08 AM
Yes, seriously.
Nothing I wrote in the post was wrong.

no photo
Sun 10/03/21 10:57 AM
Hi,
It can be difficult knowing what would make a good partner.
Who is genuine.
Who can be trusted.
Who is nice, and who is nasty.

Today I worked out a simple way for me at least to determine it:

Would I trust that person to be able to care for, entertain, and be nurturing to a baby if someone gave them a baby to care for?

Would they get angry with the baby crying and hit it?
Would they not have the slightest idea what to do to cater for the babies needs?
Would they get drunk and neglect it?
Would they just get bored with the baby?
Would they get someone else to look after it?
Would they be able to provide a long term positive role on the personal development of the baby?

If a person is unable to cater for a babies basic needs then how can they deliver the mutual support of an equal relationship with an adult?

no photo
Sun 10/03/21 10:32 AM
Edited by LoverforOne on Sun 10/03/21 10:37 AM
I have just learnt from a previous relationship that if one person in the partnership lacks in self confidence/self esteem that the relationship is likely to become dysfunctional or maybe abusive.

In my experience the person with the low self-esteem/confidence resents and feels threatened by anything that their partner is good at which is not about themselves.

The partner with the lower self esteem/confidence is likely to be cohersive, manipulative, and controlling in an attempt to boost their own ego by attempting to cause their partner to feel worthless and unloved without that abusive partner being there.

That is why it is VERY important that in a relationship you both have an equal level of self esteem and self confidence.