Community > Posts By > andutros

andutros's photo
Fri 01/22/10 09:09 PM
.NET isn't going anywhere for awhile. Also, the company where I work is moving towards web-based applications for our users. So that might be something to think about if you're developing applications for the business side of wherever you're working.

andutros's photo
Fri 01/22/10 08:39 PM

I am a grammar freak; your essay didn't turn me off. Without scrutinizing each sentence, I was able to read your profile without having a spasm and screaming, "Did this person avoid attending school -- their entire life?" laugh

As long as someone's writing is not a distraction then I don't react.

I would add more pictures and use a main pic that inspires someone to view your profile. The one you have now is fun for an extra pic; however, you are not really visible enough to attract attention.

Have fun on Mingle! flowerforyou

Thanks for the advice!

Soufiehere, I've started posting in the forums...I forgot how addicting it can get.

andutros's photo
Thu 01/21/10 05:43 PM

Actually the rotation has nothing to do with holding the planets together. It is just a coincidence that they even spin, and some don't. The moon spins once a month.

I stand corrected. Sort of a tangent, but interesting, regardless:

"What happens to all the earthlings, if Earth stops spinning? Will we be thrown off the Earth's surface, since Earth is spinning at ~1000 mph?

Of course, this can't happen, but if it did, everything not attached would go flying off to the east, parallel to the surface of the Earth. The speed would depend upon your latitude. Only the people at the poles would be safe. You wouldn't go flying off into space because the 1000 mph maximum (at the equator) isn't enough to overcome gravity, which would still be present. If you survived, the resulting six month day and six month night would probably take care of you pretty quick.

Dr. Eric Christian
(August 2000)"

Source: http://helios.gsfc.nasa.gov/qa_earth.html#stops

andutros's photo
Thu 01/21/10 02:52 PM
I stopped reading after the part about the Earth's rotation stopping. Is this a rough draft story for "The Core 2"?
Seriously though, if the rotation were to stop, the planet would disintegrate and we would all float off into space. The rotation is what holds planets and other celestial objects together.

andutros's photo
Thu 01/21/10 02:24 PM
After seeing it in 3D IMAX, does anyone else think the bluray version will be dull? :tongue:

andutros's photo
Thu 01/21/10 02:14 PM
Thanks! Any advice on what I can do to increase traffic to my profile?

andutros's photo
Wed 01/13/10 02:17 PM
Hi everyone! Please rate my profile and please give some critiques if you feel the need. Grammar Nazis are much appreciated as well, heh.