Community > Posts By > funguy83

funguy83's photo
Wed 08/20/08 06:50 PM
Edited by funguy83 on Wed 08/20/08 06:53 PM

Never mind I'm done.

Saying I need to get rid of them or change them more often sounds like an attack on me.

I do change them every hour. I take damn good care of these kids.

I should have never posted in the first place.

Don't take anything as an attack. This is a serious problem. But, it isn't really the kids' fault. All you can do is be tough on the parents, and as hard as it may be, suspend the childcare. Let the parents clean up the feces for a while. Maybe they will take it more seriously. Then again talking to their doctor may be a good idea. But, don't let personal feelings get in the way of what is in the best interest of the child. It's called tough love for a reason.

Having children exposed to fecal matter can lead to life threatening illnesses! You can't allow this to affect the other kids. Suspending daycare until this is resolved may be your best option unfortunately. Especially if others are picking this habit up. You could be accused of child endangerment, you have to take care of this, even if it hurts you in the process. If anything, Explain the situation to Family services, they will more than likely help in some way. All you can do is what will be best for the kids. Potty training isn't going to work if the parents don't do it at home. I'm sorry, but this is the reality of the situation.

funguy83's photo
Wed 08/20/08 06:23 PM

What do u do when u have to take ur children from their father by cps order with absolutely no contact until he cooperates with them because of drug abuse and u disappear for 5 years then try to give him a second chance at being a part of their lives just to find out that he hasnt changed a bit and he totally ignores that he has a daughter and then kidnaps our son? Now im trying to get my son back while dealing with one daughter wanting to know where her brother is and another daughter wanting to know why daddy didnt want or care enough about her in addition to missing her brother.

Oh my god! That's really messed up! I hope the FBI is looking for that POS! Amber alert! You and your family are in my prayers. I truly hope that things turn out ok. If you haven't already, call the FBI!

funguy83's photo
Wed 08/20/08 05:52 PM
Edited by funguy83 on Wed 08/20/08 06:04 PM
While I'm not a parent, it was how I was raised. I agree that it's ok, as long as the punishment fits the crime. But, it needs to be reinforced with time outs at a young age then grounding as the child gets older. And it depends on if it's a boy or girl, boys tend to be more mischievous(My mom is still waiting for me to have kids so I can get what I deserve). I'm not saying to beat the kid obviously, but it's not good to bring up a child without any discipline. That's just bad parenting. As a kid, I had varying degrees of spanking depending on what I did, but I turned out ok in the end for it. Never do it in anger though, tough love. You can't just haul off and smack a kid. They need to know why it's happening. But, if they start hitting other kids after that, STOP! In some kids it can lead to what the guy above me is talking about. Whatever you decide is ultimately your choice, but make sure some kind of discipline is in place, or it's going to hurt the kid more in the long run. Sorry if anyone disagrees.