Community > Posts By > Markeh

Markeh's photo
Thu 08/21/08 05:51 PM
Happy Friday morning from Wolves!

<insert Scott Mills doing the FRRRIIIIDAAAYYY thing>

Markeh's photo
Thu 08/21/08 05:48 PM
Wolves here.

lol @ kicking & screaming in Bilston... I find myself down Bilston quite a bit.

Markeh's photo
Thu 08/21/08 05:45 PM
Firefox + AdBlockPlus Plugin = no banner OR popups.

You get used to not seeing banners VERY fast.

It cleans up soooo many websites.

Markeh's photo
Thu 08/21/08 05:43 PM
I'm a very honest person... it's just a moral comprimise of what you choose to "miss out" lol...

Markeh's photo
Thu 08/21/08 05:39 PM
Edited by Markeh on Thu 08/21/08 05:40 PM
Yep, code head over here.

You'll get your head around C++, it's really powerful and starts to make sense once you know it - like C really, but not as simple.

That's speaking from experience of C, C++, Java, PHP, VB, ASP VB.NET, ASP.NET, Delphi, Small, Javascript, FlashScript, XML, XHTML, CSS but the last 3 don't really count.

Oh, and I hate UML so I didn't include it. I think it's a waste of time lol.

Markeh's photo
Thu 08/21/08 05:36 PM
Where I work we get plenty of people spilling crap on their keyboard and making keys stick.

Go get some "Electrical Solvent Cleaner".
Spray a decent amount under the key, press it a few times and repeat until you're happy.

Works 80% of the time for me.

Markeh's photo
Thu 08/21/08 05:33 PM

It might be the dreaded ID 10T ERROR.

LMFAO

Kudos, Sir.

As for advice, make sure the Windows Audio Service is running.
Start->run->services.msc
Look for Windows Audio
Make sure it says "Started" by it.
If it doesn't, double click it and hit Start!

Markeh's photo
Thu 08/21/08 05:31 PM
Yahoo would be able to help.

This happens every day.

Markeh's photo
Thu 08/21/08 05:29 PM
Webcam with Skype is more reliable than MSN/Yahoo & better quality I think.

I don't have the energy for a wise crack :(

Markeh's photo
Thu 08/21/08 05:22 PM
Edited by Markeh on Thu 08/21/08 05:27 PM
Sounds like the computer is stuck on the POST or graphics POST.

Take out your RAM, wipe with tissue (gently) & re-seat. Works 40% of the time for problems like that (I'm a techie). Make sure there's no dust in the RAM Bay(s).

EDIT:
Oh, and it won't be the (CMOS) battery or a capacitor (wtf?) as above. You can't remove & re-fit capacitors. CMOS Battery dead would just be annoying - settings wouldn't save in the CMOS & you would have to keep either pressing F1 or re-setting options in the BIOS.

EDIT2 (lol):
Motherboard batteries (CMOS Batteries) also don't recharge whilst the computer is on. They aren't rechargeable.

Markeh's photo
Thu 08/21/08 03:21 PM
Edited by Markeh on Thu 08/21/08 03:21 PM
Don't buy any virus protection that is advertised.

Goto www.kaspersky.com, download the trial, install & update.

Do a full scan.

Then goto www.safer-networking.com, download Spybot Search & Destroy, Install, Update (Twice) and do a scan.

Good luck =]

EDIT:

I don't trust SUPERantispyware, whoever recommended that.
I am a professional & solve problems & make virus solutions all day, 6 days a week.

Markeh's photo
Thu 08/21/08 03:14 PM
Judging by the amount of replies and the size of the headache, I'd re-install Windows.

Need the data? Re-install it to a different folder i.e. WinXPnew, and ensure that your "Computer Name" and the "Owner" are different to what you set last time.

Markeh's photo
Thu 08/21/08 03:12 PM
I'm a computer nerd.

I can prove it.

It says so in my profile, so there.

As for cute, hmm... not so much.

Markeh's photo
Thu 08/21/08 03:11 PM
Sorry I haven't had time (well the patience to be honest) to look at all the replies, but basically all your symptoms point to incorrect or the lack of drivers.

If XP loaded for the first time with the "Windows Classic" skin, then some files were not properly copied over during the installation process. This is definately 1 thing Vista is better at (Vista copies an image of itself).

Try getting the latest drivers (specifically graphics driver) and do a "memtest" (google it), as faulty RAM can really mess up an XP installation.

Markeh's photo
Tue 08/12/08 03:30 AM
Hahaa, well nice talkin to ya guys, but ima gunna have to dash. I'm actually at work & they don't appreciate me being on here lolol.

Good night/morning...

Markeh's photo
Tue 08/12/08 03:21 AM
Lmao!

Well, not that zoo's, stripey horses and masked fighters aren't interesting - I did mean "zzzz", as in sleeping lol.

Must be a Brisish thing :p

Markeh's photo
Tue 08/12/08 03:14 AM
3am?

Nothing to do?

I certainly know what I was doing at 3am this morning. It involved z's, z's and a few more z's lol.

Markeh's photo
Tue 08/12/08 03:06 AM
Wide awake here.

(Time zone win).

Markeh's photo
Mon 08/11/08 05:57 PM
Try breaking the Internet, engineers !

muahahahha!

Markeh's photo
Mon 08/11/08 05:32 PM
Look, I'm accidentally posting in this thread and sneakily seeking social validation of my appearance due to my slightly lower-than-normal opinion of my self image. w00t!

Yeah, I'm cracking a joke. I have a very strange sense of humour.

But really, I'm also being honest lol.

I'm off to sleep. Night !