Community > Posts By > Fred

Fred's photo
Tue 04/20/21 08:02 AM
Edited by Fred on Tue 04/20/21 08:03 AM

@Fred For your consideration?: Can another living being, more importantly, another human be an "object of possession"? Are we qualified or entitled to "own" another human being? Because "owning, ownership, possession" are fundamental prerequisites to express possessiveness.

No. Of course not. I understand "possession" in this context ( relationship ) to be different than possession as "owning" someone. Only a slave master owns someone. Maybe "possessive" isn't the right word for what I'm talking about because it has a negative connotation. Should find another word for it. Until I I find one though I'll be using that word.

Fred's photo
Tue 04/20/21 06:21 AM

A real monster. Removes your selfesteem, fills you with fear, ruins you financially, takes everything you are proud of, destroys your social life, smashes your dreams and once it sucks you dry..it kills you.

My mother died of cancer and I nearly did too. Thanks for the public announcement but at this point in time ( 2021 ) most of us, if not all, know what cancer can do!

Fred's photo
Tue 04/20/21 06:02 AM

I couldn't be happy and relaxed in a relationship if I'd somehow sense he would engage when he saw a nice woman or a woman tried to get close to him.

Not singling you out, just talking in general...
I believe the kind of behavior this refers to is more of a lack of integrity or honesty.
Possessiveness, whether for or against the relationship, is but one part of the relationship.
Honest open communication is vital in a relationship.
Certain types of possession can stop the honest open communication for a number of reasons. It breaks the trust/honesty bond the relationship needs for it to thrive equally.
When honesty and integrity are the driving force, possession doesn't need to be exercised in an attempt to control the fidelity of your partner.

When someone has been single for a long time they get accustomed to certain freedoms. When they finally enter into a relationship possessiveness on the part of their new partner can look excessive. It breaks the sense of individual freedom they were accustomed to having.
Some people welcome it, it makes them feel important or special.
Some people despise it, feeling like their partner is always telling them what to do or how to think or act.
Many refer to it as being 'set in their ways' but if the possessive element is missing or only slight, the relationship develops a bit more equally.

Some people were in previous long-term relationships which ended badly due to excessive possessiveness.
They have no desire to be in another relationship with a jealous, demanding partner.
They got free of that and when it rears its possessive head in the new relationship a certain trust is violated.
That new relationship works for a while then falls apart.
Sometimes the dating never even reaches relationship stage.

You hear them say...

"She's too set in her ways."
"He's too stubborn."
"She tried to tell me what to do."
"He won't listen to me."
"She won't let me be myself."
"He makes me do..."

When the possession factor is nullified, each participant in the relationship has the freedom to choose to be with their partner.
Individual honesty and integrity is what keeps them with their partner.
Honest open communication can happen easily without fear of rejection.
Agreements can be made which allow a person to show their integrity and alignment to the person they choose to be with.

Who wants to be in a relationship with someone who doesn't want to be in a relationship with you?
Possessiveness forces the intent of the relationship and can remove choice as an option for certain (sometimes important) things.

When you love being with someone being themselves and they love being with you being yourself, that's the reason for being in the relationship with that person (most of the time).
If you try to control them thru possessive mandates you are changing them from them being themselves into them being what you decide they should be and vice-versa.
It tends to break the initial reason you entered into that relationship with them in the first place.

I think you may be mixing possessiveness with jealousy and control behavior. Those things are different.

Fred's photo
Tue 04/20/21 05:49 AM
Edited by Fred on Tue 04/20/21 05:50 AM

@crystal ... hypothetical question . If another woman tries to take away the man you love .... would you allow that to happen or would you fight for your relationship ??? Is that considered a form of possessiveness ? Just curious .

I actually feel it's my man's 'task' to deal with this, not mine. It's kind of my policy to not enter into a fight with another woman over my/a man.
Nevertheless, I've been there once, and he did nothing. At some point I got so annoyed I dealt with it and she was gone in a flash. But I didn't really do that so much out of possessiveness but more sheer annoyance. And in such cases I'm also seriously PO that the man didn't deal with it btw.
Something like that could be the cause of me ending things.
Same considering the woman btw. I recall now that a very good friend began flirting with my partner when she visited. That was the last time we ever saw each other. Friendship ended there and then. Again more betrayal of my friend, not so much feeling possessive of my man.

I'm not sure if I'd consider fighting for your man/relationship in such cases as possessiveness. Is it not more feeling rejected as it's a sign the man isn't really committed to you?

I once said to a woman who tried to flirt with me when I was in a relationship "I'm with HER ( pointing at my woman ) not with YOU." It felt SO good to tell that tramp off!

Yes, that's the kind of thing I mean. With such a partner you can simply trust him. I couldn't be happy and relaxed in a relationship if I'd somehow sense he would engage when he saw a nice woman or a woman tried to get close to him.

As I posted before, it depends on the individual and the situation and the relationship. I love it when my woman possesses me ( in a healthy way ) and grabs at me possessively as if she'd never let me go. No control, full respect, full of love and compassion... I love it when she says "You ain't going nowhere without me" "Where you go I go...even to the ends of the earth's I will be there with you" and I reply "I can't see myself anywhere without you" "You complete me"... Possessiveness can be such a turn on, can be very healthy for a relationship, again, in the positive sense, with two mentally healthy individuals. I call that true love.

I guess people have different ideas and needs, based on where they are in life.
I do get the sentiment, and even though it may seem romantic, I'm more in agreement with what Abraham Hicks says: "If someone says 'you complete me' run for the hills!!"
Years ago -when I was in more need of the perceived safety of a relationship- I would've felt the exact same way. I'm not sure if I'd appreciate it anymore now.

I'm not sure if mirroring the bad of past relationships is healthy. When a relationship breaks it's traumatic. It can take years to get over it. I think Hicks said that in all bitterness. I don't think it's healthy to linger in the bitterness from past relationships. If we don't move on and learn to trust again we wither and die inside. Can't put everyone in the same basket, can't put every relationships in the same basket. There are truly amazing people out there. Just have to be on guard and not let sweet words sway us. Actions speak louder than words.

Fred's photo
Tue 04/20/21 05:39 AM

New Zealand and Australia have opened a long awaited travel bubble between our two countries :-) no quarantines currently required . Of course it is subject to change at any moment and those who choose to travel do so on the understanding that if there is need for a sudden quarantine and they are stuck on the other side they will need to have plans in place to cope ..

At your own risks and perils, eh?

Fred's photo
Tue 04/20/21 05:28 AM

How is everyone doing today?:blush:

Feeling great, thanks.

On the agenda for today: NOTHING. I'm off work laugh

Fred's photo
Tue 04/20/21 05:26 AM

The outbreak of the coronavirus has changed travel situation in the world dramatically. To contain the virus, global travel restrictions are in effect which caused many borders to fully close. With this, what’s one thing you DON’T miss about traveling?

I would say flight changes, delays, or cancellations.

I don't miss having to strip and be scanned like a criminal.
I haven't taken the plane in 7 years. I don't miss it one bit.

Fred's photo
Tue 04/20/21 05:17 AM

@crystal ... hypothetical question . If another woman tries to take away the man you love .... would you allow that to happen or would you fight for your relationship ??? Is that considered a form of possessiveness ? Just curious .

I actually feel it's my man's 'task' to deal with this, not mine. It's kind of my policy to not enter into a fight with another woman over my/a man.
Nevertheless, I've been there once, and he did nothing. At some point I got so annoyed I dealt with it and she was gone in a flash. But I didn't really do that so much out of possessiveness but more sheer annoyance. And in such cases I'm also seriously PO that the man didn't deal with it btw.
Same considering the woman btw. I recall now that a very good friend began flirting with my partner when she visited. That was the last time we ever saw each other. Friendship ended there and then. Again more betrayal of my friend, not so much feeling possessive of my man.

I'm not sure if I'd consider fighting for your man/relationship in such cases as possessiveness. Is it not more feeling rejected as it's a sign the man isn't really committed to you?

I once said to a woman who tried to flirt with me when I was in a relationship "I'm with HER ( pointing at my woman ) not with YOU." It felt SO good to tell that tramp off!

Yes, that's the kind of thing I mean. With such a partner you can simply trust him. I couldn't be happy and relaxed in a relationship if I'd somehow sense he would engage when he saw a nice woman or a woman tried to get close to him.

As I posted before, it depends on the individual and the situation and the relationship. I love it when my woman possesses me ( in a healthy way ) and grabs at me possessively as if she'd never let me go. No control, full respect, full of love and compassion... I love it when she says "You ain't going nowhere without me" "Where you go I go...even to the ends of the earth's I will be there with you" and I reply "I can't see myself anywhere without you" "You complete me"... Possessiveness can be such a turn on, can be very healthy for a relationship, again, in the positive sense, with two mentally healthy individuals. I call that true love.

Fred's photo
Tue 04/20/21 05:05 AM
Been about three weeks. Fixing to remedy that shortly.

Fred's photo
Tue 04/20/21 04:44 AM

They sure rolled that vaccine quite quickly while they were telling us ( at least here in France ) that a vaccine wasn't going to be available for at least 3 years.

Hi Fred waving I am sure many people share that concern and it is one reason for reluctance to be vaccinated . This article explains what experts have to say on the matter ....

http://www.healthline.com/health-news/heres-how-it-was-possible-to-develop-covid-19-vaccines-so-quickly

The phase three clinical trial (on humans ) ran for approx two months before data was released and emergency approval was sought . That is not the end of the trial . Safety Data and efficacy will likely continue to be collected and analysed over the next two years .. which is standard practice for any vaccine

A trial is about to commence where candidates vaccinated for covid will be infected with the live virus . I am very interested to see the outcome of this trial . As yet there is still uncertainty over the level of immunity covid vaccines provide and how long protection lasts , whether any of the vaccines are effective against the latest variants which are thought to have antibody escape mutations and how those previously exposed to covid will react . Obviously long term data will only be available over time .

Do you know what the vaccine uptake has been in France and which vaccines are being used ??

In New Zealand only the Pfizer vaccine has been approved for use by medsafe (at this stsge)... Vaccination of border workers and frontline health workers is currently underway .

I'm not keeping up with vaccine news that much. I do know that there are a number of deaths caused by Covid vaccine. Now I'm wondering: A. Get Covid = Maybe die. B. Get vaccine = Maybe die... which is better? Maybe die or Maybe die?

Fred's photo
Tue 04/20/21 04:38 AM
Guns'n'roses: Sweet Child o' Mine

Fred's photo
Tue 04/20/21 04:36 AM

Fred's photo
Tue 04/20/21 04:10 AM

:thumbsup:
That's the kind of possessiveness I'm posting about. It feels good to hear "Hey!! That's MY man. Hands off!!" "That's my woman you're talking to, jerk! Back off!!" happy

Fred's photo
Tue 04/20/21 04:04 AM

Well, I mean, miracles can happen.

And they do.

Fred's photo
Mon 04/19/21 03:45 PM

Women can do everything a man can. The Draft should include all sexes regardless what or how or who they identify as. Male-Only Draft is sexual discrimination towards women and the LGBTQ community and shouldn't exist in 2021.

SOME women can do what men do physically but most can't. If ANY standard is LOWERED in the physicality of ANY military DUTY required to carry out ANY mission to make it MORE likely a woman can be included in a mission then peoples lives can be put in danger.

It's not discriminatory to have the SAME standard for EVERYONE.
Tell a person, man or woman, who is wounded that it's discriminatory if a 6'3" male doesn't step aside so a 5'4" woman can carry them to safety.

It WOULD be discriminatory towards men to draft women and reserve non-combat duties for women or less physical duties for women.

I have no problem with "equality" but I do have a problem with preferential treatment for any sex, or race, to achieve "equity" especially when it means lowering standards that puts people lives at risk.

I've seen those women Marines. I, for one, would not want to F with any one of them.
Also, using the military in an Equality argument is disengenuous. There are PLENTY of men who couldn't cut it in the military.
A woman can do whatever a man can in a normal life setting. The military isn't a normal environment, war isn't regular day-to-day stuff.
Not everyone can be an astronaut yet some men and women are astronauts.
And frankly, nowadays, women have beat men in a lot of areas if not most. Caitlin Jenner was right to become a woman. I just may follow in her footsteps.

You finally said something that makes sense..."The military isn't a normal environment, war isn't regular day-to-day stuff".
Just WHY are there drafts????? Drafts are conducted during wars. And it's true the military isn't a normal environment....it's an environment where people NEED to be ready to go to war whether they are in the military though enlistment or a draft.
Thank you for making my original point valid.

I stand behind what I said...."SOME women can do what men do physically but most can't." The operative word is SOME, and women WHO physically CAN do the same job as man, in the military or private sector, they should be given EQUAL consideration.

I also stand by saying "It WOULD be discriminatory towards men to draft women and reserve non-combat duties for women or less physical duties for women."
Ya see I believe in ACTUAL equality unlike people who CLAIM to believe in equality really promote preferential for what they call a "protected class" of people.

I'm glad you agree with me.

Fred's photo
Mon 04/19/21 12:27 PM

Women can do everything a man can. The Draft should include all sexes regardless what or how or who they identify as. Male-Only Draft is sexual discrimination towards women and the LGBTQ community and shouldn't exist in 2021.

SOME women can do what men do physically but most can't. If ANY standard is LOWERED in the physicality of ANY military DUTY required to carry out ANY mission to make it MORE likely a woman can be included in a mission then peoples lives can be put in danger.

It's not discriminatory to have the SAME standard for EVERYONE.
Tell a person, man or woman, who is wounded that it's discriminatory if a 6'3" male doesn't step aside so a 5'4" woman can carry them to safety.

It WOULD be discriminatory towards men to draft women and reserve non-combat duties for women or less physical duties for women.

I have no problem with "equality" but I do have a problem with preferential treatment for any sex, or race, to achieve "equity" especially when it means lowering standards that puts people lives at risk.

I've seen those women Marines. I, for one, would not want to F with any one of them.
Also, using the military in an Equality argument is disengenuous. There are PLENTY of men who couldn't cut it in the military.
A woman can do whatever a man can in a normal life setting. The military isn't a normal environment, war isn't regular day-to-day stuff.
Not everyone can be an astronaut yet some men and women are astronauts.
And frankly, nowadays, women have beat men in a lot of areas if not most. Caitlin Jenner was right to become a woman. I just may follow in her footsteps.

Fred's photo
Mon 04/19/21 12:10 PM

Being as this forum is world populated its also likely the fear of saying I love you has to do with social or family pressures and/or social, cultural or family traditions.
Then there's the fear of stereotyping, descrimination and workplace rules.
Also, saying I love you could hurt the other person due to the implications.
Example: you refrain from saying I love you to a happily married woman because you do not wish to hurt her marraige.

Many people, if they're paying attention, can sense when someone loves them by how they act toward them. Actions do speak louder than words. Plus, its not always demonstrated by kindness. People often keep their feelings secret but they will display certain tells.

This is why when someone finally admits their love for someone it comes as no surprise. Everybody knows before that person builds up the courage to say it or even admit it to themselves.

"We know you love her"
"No, I don't"
"Yes, you do...Just tell her!"
"I Love You!"
"I Know!"

laugh :thumbsup:

Fred's photo
Mon 04/19/21 11:42 AM
Still TLC. No Scubs :sunglasses:

Fred's photo
Mon 04/19/21 11:21 AM

No courage needed unless one is afraid to be rejected.

I can see that point.
Fear is a great motivator and a great control mechanism.

Love is how you feel.
Demonstrating love is how you share the love you feel with someone else.
If you are afraid to express yourself it can take a lot of courage to say I love you.
However, once your expression of love is accepted the fear of rejection is gone and it takes no courage at all.

I agree.
For someone to have to show courage there needs to be a fear factor. In this case the fear factor is Rejection.
Arguably, if someone is afraid to say "I love you" It may mean that the relationship isn't developed enough for that person to be able express it freely. If there is fear of rejection ( unwarranted fear ) then the person doesn't yet truly know the object of her/his love and waiting is, in my opinion, the best course of action until she/he knows for sure that her/his love won't be rejected.

Fred's photo
Mon 04/19/21 11:12 AM

I live in Wainwright Alberta and it won't let me change it

What I did was delete the town ( backspace it ) and re-enter it. Then it gave me the options again.

Previous 1 3