Community > Posts By > banditshuman

banditshuman's photo
Sat 06/28/08 03:52 AM
I'm not sure I understand your line of though here. It seems to me that God, being omnipotent, has the right and will to do as He sees fit at any given time. In the "Book of the Law", that'd be Leviticus, God lays out the laws that His people are to follow. If I remember correctly He also lays down the punishment for breaking those laws.
We have to remember that we've been given free-will. We're not robots. God is just and will forgive,if we ask. So maybe He's also VERY patient. I mean he's put up with me and my ways for nigh on 50 years now,,,,lol
Mark

<<Since God is not allowed that right... Why does society have it?>>

Never heard of Sodom and Gomorrah? Or The Great Flood in Noah's day?

Wow, if that's not judgment, or punishment, what is?

I'm not asking if God has punished - I'm asking why he does not appear to have the right to.

banditshuman's photo
Tue 06/24/08 05:11 AM
<<Since God is not allowed that right... Why does society have it?>>

Never heard of Sodom and Gomorrah? Or The Great Flood in Noah's day?

Wow, if that's not judgment, or punishment, what is?

banditshuman's photo
Tue 06/24/08 12:08 AM
""Why did an all-knowing, all-wise, all-loving, God create an animal-eat-animal world in the first place?

A God that can do anything, could have easily created a world where the distinction between plant an animal is not the slightest bit questionable, and where all animals are vegetarians with no need to defend their young from preditors.

I personally feel that there are humongus problems with a world that was supposedly designed by an intelligent creator.

Especially one that is said to lay down moral rules and judge people on them for all eternity.

Seems like such a God isn't displaying very high moral standards to begin with just via the works of his very own creation. "

I think the book of Genesis will show that that's exactly what was created! Then we people messed it up!

banditshuman's photo
Mon 06/23/08 11:50 PM
Before I get flamed for this being my first post.... Howdy from the Great State of Texas! The ONLY State in the Union that can lay claim to having been a Republic. the only State in the Union whose citizens can legally fly our state flag the same height as the US flag. That said, I'd like to quote a few friends of mine for you. these good folks are from different places, and happen to share some of my views.

By Cheri Jacobus

"Just how much Senate experience does Barack Obama have in terms of actual work days? Not much.
From the time Barack Obama was sworn in as a United State Senator, to the time he announced he was forming a Presidential exploratory committee, he logged 143 days of experience in the Senate. That's how many days the Senate was actually in session and working.
After 143 days of work experience, Obama believed he was ready to be Commander In Chief, Leader of the Free World, and fill the shoes of Abraham Lincoln, FDR, JFK and Ronald Reagan.
143 days -- I keep leftovers in my refrigerator longer than that.
In contrast, John McCain's 26 years in Congress, 22 years of military service including 1,966 days in captivity as a POW in Hanoi now seem more impressive than ever. At 71, John McCain may just be hitting his stride.
Think about IT!!!"

"And... if you look at his voting record, on average, when he would actually vote (do his job), he voted to raise taxes once every SEVEN days!

"The last thing we need is another tax and spend president! We need to vote based on a candidate's record and ability to think on his feet, not how he looks, ability to read a speech, whether he's 'politically correct', age or any other superficial and irrelevant qualities."

"This country was formed on the principals of capitalism and entrepreneurial spirit, not a welfare state. The dems are constantly looking for ways to hurt that spirit and take what the hard working people have earned to redistribute it to those who don't earn anything, yet I have never seen a poor political candidate. If they want to redistribute the wealth so badly, why don't they start at home, with themselves?"

These are just a few excerpts from a discussion forum that I belong to.
That 143 days of actual experience scares the hell outta me! Would you like to put your very existence in the hands of a doctor with 143 working days experience? I'm thinking to myself...they have GOT to be kidding. WHO IS this guy? Well, I guess it depends on who you choose to believe as to who he is.
For me and my vote, I'll choose experience, thank you.
A gun-totin' Texan Proud to call himself an American!
Charlie Daniels for president!