Community > Posts By > VIFuncanuck

VIFuncanuck's photo
Thu 02/28/13 05:58 PM
Hey everyone,

I switched from PoF to mingle. PoF took too much of my time-too many women (I know, that sounds odd) so I decided to delete my account and try this site.

Gotta say, this site is waaayyyy slower re: meeting people. Also, the profiles are very skimpy re: content. Have emailed 3-4 people and so far only met one.

Interesting online dates,....hmmmmm.....

second date with a woman originally from Russia who talked about wanting to get married (didn't do a third date).

Met a woman who it turned out was just interested in casual sex.

Met and dated a woman for 4 months. quality person-but in the end the emotional connection was not enough.

VIFuncanuck's photo
Thu 02/28/13 05:47 PM
hey everyone,

appreciate the comments/feedback. I'm all for a great conversation, but no photo, only age...no info on if they smoke, have kids..... Will disregard them.

I totally get it that some may be just seeing who's online and can't be bothered to put up a real profile.

Have a great weekend!

C

VIFuncanuck's photo
Wed 02/27/13 02:04 PM
I usually don't pay much attention to profiles w/o pictures but thought I'd check some out.

I was shocked and annoyed to find soo many profiles of women for interests and about say "tell you later" or don't have anything there at all. Also, no details often on smokes, drinks, has children,....

What's the point of having such a VAGUE profile-w/o any photo to boot?

This feels suspiciously like spam to me.

VIFuncanuck's photo
Mon 02/11/13 12:53 PM
Hey,

thanks for posting back and sharing. There are all sorts online and in the real world. It makes it exciting though can be disappointing.

I can't say I've had a bad experience with online dating other than a woman who wanted casual sex and a few where the convo was so awkward that we both just wanted to say good-by lol!

There are a lot of banners at this site (?) and when I click on, get redirected to join another dating or intimate encounters site-kinda weird and annoying.

Part of being honest I think is being gracious and kind in telling someone that you're not that attracted to him or her. It can be something as simple as talking about long-term compatibility-even if the main reason is that the chemistry or physical attraction is just not that strong or not mutual. It's happened to everyone I think. That's where for me, it's not about being honest-it's just how to be truthful and kind. Am not saying that factors into the real women comments below. Even typing about it isn't that easy.

It can also be due to values and personality where two people don't "click" enough and one person breaks it off (perhaps not being truthful). One woman was attractive and when I was at her house I noticed her house was very cluttered and quite a bit dirtier than I was used to. Her kids also didn't listen to her and her communication style and discipline was at odds w/ my parenting style. Not saying mine is right-but it was so different that I knew we weren't compatible. In the end she accused me of not thinking she was pretty enough and it was more about the other things. It's hard to be honest sometimes as doing so can be harmful.

Hope you both have good luck on this site.

VI Funcanuck

VIFuncanuck's photo
Sun 02/10/13 04:29 PM
Hey everyone

newbie here on this site. Was reading some research on online dating that stated the following for mens' and womens' greatest fears with online dating:

Women: meeting a serial killer

Men: meeting a fat woman

For real this is what the research showed!

VIFuncanuck