Community > Posts By > abhi24_

abhi24_'s photo
Fri 01/25/13 01:40 PM

Steve Harvey's comments on Religion. This guy is clueless. Most would be offended, but I laugh at the ignorance of this buffoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hTnmZkHnTE

Well now, I think your being a bit hasty.

He states numerous times that this is just him talking. It's his opinion. Does this mean that anyone who believe differently than you is a buffoon? An idiot? That's a real shame.

I tend to believe pretty closely to what steve harvey says here, I would have liked to see the whole interview!

I love Steve Harvey, he does alot of good for alot of people and he gives pretty good relationship advice too,,, actually

Said the man who went all the way to Chicago to hook up with the woman. He was cheating on his wife with (Marjorie), and even when his wife found that, she still stayed with him so she could be close to her son Wynton, who he incidentally got full custody of and won't allow her to see.
Great Steve, what a nice moral barometer he has.

abhi24_'s photo
Fri 01/25/13 01:32 PM
Edited by abhi24_ on Fri 01/25/13 01:34 PM

Greetings everyone.....

Someone mentioned 'feeling' God in their body, so I would ask just what does 'God' feel like in one's body? Others hear 'God' talking to them..... OK. God has never spoken to me. My question is: 'Why doesn't 'God' simply show up and take over, so we could all be on the same page. Repeatedly it is said Jesus would return, promptly, but it's been 2000 years now. There are people all over the globe who know nothing of the Christian God.

I see no evidence for any gods or goddesses. The amount of evil in the world suggests something is amiss. So I have a question for you -- "If you were God, possessing unlimited power, would you create a world like this?" A world where every creature has to eat some other living creature to survive?

Would you create a world where 90% of the species you've created become extinct? A world with two sexes of humans instead of just one?

Would you create three different religions, Judaism, Islam and Christianity, and give them three different 'Holy" books?

A world where God's servants, the Priests and Pastors, are raping school children while God watches, yet doesn't punish the clergymen, He punishes the children instead, who carry the scars! A world where God decides to kill all HIs children, except a few, with a flood because they were all lacking?

The world needs more rationality, not more superstition. Look how religions splinter into smaller groups because no one can agree upon what 'God' is, or means, or does. And just look at the suffering of all the starving children in the world, can 'God' not prevent suffering? Is God more interested in your love life?

If someone could, and would, please, show me some evidence for any gods and goddesses. My suspicion is that 'God' is NOT REAL, but is a reification involving certain ideas about creation and omnipotence, but in fact has no real 'Being' at all.

Charley/Lancing, Tn.

GOd placed man here and allowed him to create the world he wanted to live in,,,,,

as far as the rest,, the circle of life seems perfectly intelligent and reasonable to me,,,

I dont know why people here always refer christian religion as a ultimo religion.
There are many more which has there own beliefs.
Anyways ..Child suffering in Africa coz of some severe disease, it cant be a baseless reason that he might have done something wrong in his past.
You cant make some child suffer if you are a good god.
And i guess bible too says that 'god always forgives' so why he does not forgive to those poor little kids who are suffering for nothing.
If someone is dying of hunger and he continuos to pray for whole one day, go is not gonna bring the food to him. Either we have to feed him or he has to find a way to food.
Thats all from my side!!!

abhi24_'s photo
Fri 01/25/13 01:19 PM

I don't believe in god myself but who am I to tell someone that does believe that he isn't real. You can make anything real with the right belief.

Well Said!!!

Religion works only on belief system.
IDK why people doesnt believe themselves but have endless belief in god

abhi24_'s photo
Fri 01/25/13 01:16 PM
Well Said Ma'am