Community > Posts By > Cornonthecob

Cornonthecob's photo
Mon 01/21/08 10:19 PM
Yes bear you are right. SNAFU.
On the plus side, it is behind me now, as soon as I walk out the door and head for my truck. I leave all the problems of the day behind me. I learned that the hard way.
Taking your work related problems home is a slippery slope, once you start to slide not much can save you. I nearly hit rock bottom when I reached out for some help. I am happy to say I am well on the road back to the top of said hill.
How about you, does your education get to be used to its fullest potential in your new job?
Looking is ok too. I some times go to the hardware store just to look, maybe I missed something the last time. laugh

Cornonthecob's photo
Mon 01/21/08 10:02 PM
Edited by Cornonthecob on Mon 01/21/08 10:03 PM
I am glad that you had a good day, but running robots is not a good day. You see you cannot have machines talking to machines. It is like the blind leading the blind.
To top it off we are making parts with a tolerance of +.0004" -.0000". that would be no problem if we were honing or grinding them but we are just using a lathe, this is a recipe for disaster.
Congrats on the job and I hope it works out for you with your boyfriend.:heart:

Cornonthecob's photo
Mon 01/21/08 09:49 PM
It sounds like you had fun today.
Let’s see the last time I got new shoes I was a freshman in HS. Needless to say they are falling apart, but I refuse to let them die, as long as I can repair them they will remain my main “go to shoes”
Sorry Bear, I was in charge of the Robots today, so I am a bit worn out.:wink:

Cornonthecob's photo
Mon 01/21/08 09:13 PM
Song, Bare, hello, how is the weather out west?
Here we have a sleet snow mix and they predict an inch to fall tonight.

Cornonthecob's photo
Sun 01/20/08 08:38 PM
Good, I’ll tolerate none of that in my/our nice clean Mo thread.:wink:

Cornonthecob's photo
Sun 01/20/08 07:54 PM
I guess I am in the dark on that one.ohwell Oh well I have been left out before. For a minute I thought I was in trouble, then I pieced it all together.:wink:

Cornonthecob's photo
Sat 01/19/08 07:34 PM
I see, said the blind man:wink:

Cornonthecob's photo
Sat 01/19/08 07:29 PM
I haven’t seen sweet in a while, where is she hiding.

Cornonthecob's photo
Sat 01/19/08 07:08 PM
will do

Cornonthecob's photo
Sat 01/19/08 06:58 PM
It’s all good, surely I will get my just reward in the end.

Cornonthecob's photo
Sat 01/19/08 06:52 PM
Well I went and slept, then I was awakened by my father. Apparently he had volunteered my truck to move some firewood, the thing is that I go where my truck goes. So I was up at 8:00 moving wood. Little did I know that these plans were made early last week.
Isn’t it nice that no one tells me these things.grumble

Cornonthecob's photo
Fri 01/18/08 11:30 PM
Would you prefer I steal other peoples babies, No I thought not LoLlaugh

Alright ladies, it is time for me to retire. I am trying to enforce my own bed time in order to help keep positive thoughts. (What). A rested brain is a happy brain

Cornonthecob's photo
Fri 01/18/08 11:23 PM
Lillian Rae. I like that
Do you mind if I put that one on my list?

Cornonthecob's photo
Fri 01/18/08 10:45 PM
Although it may be a little too early for you Bear, it is still nice to have an idea of what you wish to name your child. Ya dig.

Cornonthecob's photo
Fri 01/18/08 10:30 PM
The name copper, yes I like it. The name Clayton, not so much and the name Vaughn reminds me of a woman (Mrs. Vaughn) that works for the NLRB. A total B---H, she took my affidavit when I was subpoenaed to court. That is a chapter in my life I can do without.
As for you child’s name, it is all very logical. I like logic.
:smile:

Cornonthecob's photo
Fri 01/18/08 09:46 PM
Now that you know I will use old phrases more often, you may have noticed them already, words like toppy and fortnight for example.

Cornonthecob's photo
Fri 01/18/08 09:37 PM
I prefer things the way they were in yesteryear. The older the better, anything from words and phrases to tools and manufacturing methods to names and every thing else.
Good times

Cornonthecob's photo
Fri 01/18/08 09:25 PM
Need I go on my “Brain washed” rant again? laugh
Pink is a real boys name, it however, is probably before your time

Cornonthecob's photo
Fri 01/18/08 09:14 PM
I like the boys name Pink and the girls name Ophelia
I don’t think you have to worry about those names becoming popular laugh

Cornonthecob's photo
Thu 01/17/08 11:45 PM
I think you are on to something Bear. I just spent the last three hours playing with one of my machines, digging through 50 years of grease and shop dirt. I am going to hit the shower then off to bed.yawn
Good night ladies and enjoy your moving picture Bear.
Song, I hope your baby does not keep you awake too long