Community > Posts By > ejd_1ne

no photo
Sat 01/05/13 04:32 PM
The problem with IE is that it is 'integrated' into the OS... trying to determine which dll's and reg keys are specifically for IE & which are required by the OS (or other components for that matter) is impossible.

I have seen dozens of machines re installed just because of problems that began with IE and weren't repairable. At least not by the average engineer, a team of Microsoft developers could probably resolve the problems if they have enough time.

There are TONS of browsers available. Try a few different ones to see which one you like. As Mirage says if its for compatability reasons you will need to stick to one of about 4 (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera,).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_web_browsers

no photo
Fri 01/04/13 07:10 PM
Your profile is fine. Nothing wrong with being clear and dirict, at least I dont think there is anything wrong with it. My only suggestion is all the pics are the same. Just a head shot. Try a putting up a casual activity or full body picture as well.

Nothing wrong with your pictures at all.. they are fine.. but you might as well have 1 picture up since all three are nearly identical.

Good Luck! ;-)

no photo
Fri 01/04/13 07:01 PM
I ran across something similar on a HP desktop. As andy suggests I got around it by removing the battary for a couple hours. It still asks for a pwd but I just hit enter and it bypassed the screen.

Next option is to remove and delete/reformat all the partitions on the drive. Better to do it on another machine if you can or use a Linux OS based live DVD.

That should remove the area where the password is hidden. There is a chance it could be stored on a hidden partition (Ive never seen this though) and in that case replacing the drive would be the best bet. You can always use the old drive as a USB connected external drive so its not like you throwing it out.

You can always pay someone to crack it for you.. but whats the value. At least if you buy a new/used drive you have more storage and hardware to use later on if needed.

Either way its up to you but I would invest in another peice of hardware and the knowledge/ability to solve the problem myself than 'pay' someone else to do it for me.

no photo
Fri 01/04/13 06:45 PM
Unless there is a specific/required reason for using IE (online school for example) I would not use it. IE is and always has been both a resource hog and buggy in terms that once you have problems with it you may have to re install the entire machine.

There are many different browsers just google to find and try one. I would also suggest a portable browser so you dont have to actually 'install' and dll's or system files. http://portableapps.com/

Portable apps are a fairly new occurance but they are much cleaner/easier to use and try. They also seem to be less of a resource drag although they are sometimes buggy. I use several of these on a regular basis.