Community > Posts By > Lm6186

Lm6186's photo
Sat 12/15/12 02:24 PM
Unless you're both rich and have plenty of time for travel and time off, NO. It becomes way too expensive and time-consuming to just be able to spend a weekend together for example. Also, because of the distance and conflicting schedules, it's sometimes impossible to be togetherfor certain special occasions or holidays...etc. Long-distance relationships are very, very difficult and rarely work out.

Lm6186's photo
Wed 12/05/12 09:21 AM
You poor boy, you're still very young and have a long way to go. The best book I've ever read on the differences between men and women is "MEN ARE FROM MARS, WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS". You should read it if you'd like answers on certain questions you have about women. It truly applies to everyone. It explains the differences in how both men and women think, act and react to each other and in different situations. The biggest mistake in relationships both men and women have made throughout history, is trying to change their partner to think, feel and act the way they do. Just not possible. We have different hormones and our brains just don't work the same way and our brains are not wired to feel and respond in the same way. Men are more visual and physical whereas women are more emotional and sentimental and that's why we have different needs at times. However, even though we all have basic animal instincts, we are human, which sets us apart from animals. And that's where compromise, compassion and unconditional love comes in. We have, or should have the ability to set our own needs aside (sometimes) to make our partner happy. Of course, this requires effort on both sides. Unfortunately, very often, there's always one that compromises and gives more than the other and that's why there are so many breakups and divorces...etc.

Lm6186's photo
Wed 12/05/12 08:54 AM
Settling is not an option. There is someone for everyone. In my experience, I once dated a man that I was not attracted to at all physically. I dated him because I loved and respected him as a person...hoping that this would be enough for a healthy long-term relationship and that I should overlook the lack of physical attraction as this was shallow and not as important as who he was as a person. That was a big mistake and I would never do that again. No matter how much I cared for and resppected him and enjoyed sharing time and activities with him, I was just simply not attracted to him and time together did not fix that or ever would. So, inevitably, he felt very rejected and hurt as I wasn't ever able to give him the affection and intimacy he needed...and deserved. How can you (or ANYONE) be intimate with someone you're just not physically attracted to? It just doesn't work and eventually, the other person WILL feel hurt and rejected. So of course we broke up and I would never do that again. It's just not fair to either one. It's simply human nature to want to be in a relationship with someone you're also physically attracted to. It's been that way since the beginning of time, still is and always will be. Of course physical attraction isn't the MOST important factor but it is nevertheless an important ingredient to a healthy and long-lasting relationship. It's not being shallow or picky...it's just human nature. There isn't one person I know that has been in a relationship with someone they weren't physically attracted to which turned out to be successful...ever.

Lm6186's photo
Tue 11/27/12 06:00 PM
Edited by Lm6186 on Tue 11/27/12 06:00 PM
Just joined Mingle2. Can anyone give me some feedback about this site and how it compares to others...or is it about the same? ohwell