Community > Posts By > Skip1h

Skip1h's photo
Sat 04/19/08 10:27 AM
What a great topic and someone actually feels the same as I do.And I give alot of credit to the media for creating the enviroment that we now live in. Crime has always been with us.And basically in the same amount per capita.Some crime has even come down,per capita,yet you never hear about this! But with 24 news stations with 24hr coverage,they have brainwashed most of us into believeing that everyone,from your neighbor, the guy next to you in the grocery store, everyone-into possibly being a potential criminal that is going to harm you in some way or fashion.
I consider myself a very friendly person and alot of times I will go into the grocery story and say hi to most people that I pass or am standing next to. Well I must say that at least 80% of the time I get a look like I am from another planet and also if I get too close to someone then you can see that look of horror that I am going to steal their purse.Its so sad. And maybe I should be a little more cautious but when I do go to the grocery store I simply take my keys and waltz into the store with my window down. My car is not a junker but its also not brand new. Yet I see even the old junkers locked up tight,LOL. And I love it when I see someone go into a convenience store and lock the car up tight for 2 minutes. I also dated a girl who actually did a backround check on me. This took the cake and needless to say I told her to take a hike. She probably would have done a credit check on me also if she could.
Yep this country is going to hell in a handbasket and the fear that the media has induced in us is just one of the many instruments that the govenment is using to bring us down.It worked for Hitler and it will work for America. I fear everytime congress or even my city council gets together because I wonder which rights I am going to loose this time around so the goverment can make society safer. Yep, I am too stupid to think for myself,I need the government to pass more and more legislation to save my butt. I wonder how our parents ever got by! And I hear that they had fun, real fun. Today if you have fun then your doing something illegal. When was the last time you saw a bunch of girls playing hopscotch? Or boys playing football. Part of the problem is that parents won't allow kids to wander the streets like we use too. Funny, I or no-one I knew ever got raped or kidnapped,and we wandered the streets finding stuff to do. My signal to come home was when the street lights came on. Yet the news makes is sounds like it happens every day in every neighborhood. You can never be too safe,eh?
And camera's,camera's everywhere. Just my corner store alone has 6 camera's set up. The owner told me this. And soon every cell phone will have a tracking device in it so that society can watch my every move.
All in the name of fear. Gotta love it,eh?
Skip