Community > Posts By > ae1973

ae1973's photo
Thu 04/24/08 05:20 PM
Thanks for your post. And thanks for your service to the country.

I wouldn't want to make anyone unhappy. I guess I am just a little over sensitive to people thinking I need to be fixed or there is something wrong with me if I don't believe. People even give my kid a hard time about it at school (public school mind you) and he is just a little boy. As many believers could imagine, I'm sure you would be bothered if people were always trying to convince you there was no God.

ae1973's photo
Thu 04/24/08 05:09 PM
For any other godless ones out there...
One of my believer friends is always trying to "save me". She is fun and nice in other ways, so I just tell her to knock it off. Doesn't bother me. But I have never tried to convince others that there is no God. I guess because I think people believe in god for comfort. It would be like taking a security blanket away from someone and I guess I would feel bad. But I am torn because I fully believe the world would be a better place without religon. What have others done?

ae1973's photo
Thu 04/24/08 03:55 PM

Come On Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners

Poor old Johnny Ray
Sounded sad upon the radio, he moved a million hearts in mono.
Our mothers cried and sang along and who'd blame them.
Now you're grown, so grown, now I must say more than ever.
Go Toora Loora Toora Loo-Rye-Aye
and we can sing just like our fathers.

Come on Eileen,
I swear (well he means) At this moment you mean everything,
With you in that dress my thoughts I confess verge on dirty
Ah come on Eileen.

These people round here wear beaten down eyes
Sunk in smoke dried faces they're so resigned to what their fate is,
But not us, no not us we are far too young and clever.
Remember Toora Loora Toora Loo-Rye-Aye
Eileen I'll hum this tune forever.

Come on Eileen, I swear, well he means
Ah come on let's take off everything,
That pretty red dress Eileen (Tell him yes)
Ah come on let's, ah come on Eileen, please.

(And take note of the spelling!!!! COME grumble :tongue: )

I am jealous Eileen. That is my all time favorite song. As for a song with my name. "Amy..What you wanna do. I think I could stay with you for a while maybe longer..."

ae1973's photo
Wed 04/23/08 05:48 PM

are you an American Eagle fan? My daughter loves that place. she got a job there just for the discount.
Nope. Target all the way. LOL. That way I don't need a discount. Ok, so I'm cheap. The secret is out.

ae1973's photo
Wed 04/23/08 05:40 PM

a friend with weed is a friend indeed

a friend with weed is a loser who is not my friend.
Agree. That stopped being cool after high school. If you are over 25, and still smoking, it's time to grow up. But you can still get a drink on from time to time. LOL

ae1973's photo
Wed 04/23/08 05:29 PM
I agree Hiker. The friends someone has could be an indication of what kind of person they are. I hadn't thought of that. Of course that is even more reason not to add people you haven't talked to.

ae1973's photo
Wed 04/23/08 05:26 PM
Got you Winx. That makes sense. But it doesn't make since for people that have never emailed you first. I have gotten a couple of those.

ae1973's photo
Wed 04/23/08 05:23 PM
Thanks. Well at least I'm not the only one. But then again, I don't understand the point of myspace either. LOL. Perhaps I am too old school. laugh

ae1973's photo
Wed 04/23/08 05:20 PM
I am fairly new here, but what is the point of the "friends" option? Is it to make it more like myspace? Why do I get requests to be added as a friend from people that have not even sent me an email to introduce themselves. I just don't understand. If I go to look at someone's profile, why do I want to see everyone else they have talked to? It either makes them seem like a player, or they are desperate and send these friend requests to everyone with a pulse. Neither is very attractive to me. BTW - I have no "friends" and don't plan to add any. Perhaps I am misguided. Maybe someone could explain.

2 Next