Community > Posts By > JARREFAN7

JARREFAN7's photo
Mon 07/21/08 05:46 AM
good call on Audition, though Ichi the Killer and Visitor Q are also pretty out there.
the Shining creeped me out also

JARREFAN7's photo
Wed 07/16/08 09:35 AM
I want that dirty harry set also wouldn't mind
the complete Rambo collection for when i get a bit frustrated at work, then i can go home and wish my bosses were the ones getting slaughtered by Rambo

JARREFAN7's photo
Wed 07/16/08 08:20 AM
oh cool - i love Stand By Me

JARREFAN7's photo
Wed 07/16/08 08:05 AM
mine was the Coppolla restoration 5 disc set of the Godfather
movie bliss in one neat package
pretty good clean up on the picture and audio also
great extras great movies, prob the best set i've bought since the 5 disc Bladerunner set

JARREFAN7's photo
Wed 07/16/08 07:59 AM
absolutely cannot wait
comes out in Blighty on Monday
if it's anywhere near as atmospheric and moving
as the Devil's Backbone then i will be a very happy chappy

JARREFAN7's photo
Wed 07/16/08 07:44 AM
without a question it has to be

Top Gun,the ultimate 80's cheesefest
only problem is after i've watched it i end humming the theme or highway to the danger zone for about the next five days - much to the annoyance of everyone around me

altogether now "I feel the need, the need for speed"

oh yes indeedey

JARREFAN7's photo
Wed 07/09/08 06:25 AM
god i can't wait for this one
july 25th over in the UK - another week longer than the US
loved Begins - Nolan got together an incredible cast that believed in what they were doing and managed to get the Dark Knight back on track after
Schumacher's technicolour vomit fests.

JARREFAN7's photo
Wed 07/09/08 06:11 AM
the lion, the witch and the wardrobe - adored the books when i was younger but the film was just so insipid and fantasy filmaking by numbers.

pretty woman - way to go - teach girls to become prostitutes but its okay as you'll meet and bewitch a single multi millionaire

and titanic - oh dear - i too laughed at the end when leo dicrapio sank beneath the waves as i always thought that wood floated.

JARREFAN7's photo
Wed 07/09/08 05:53 AM
audition, a tale of two sisters, ring, the descent (good call on whoever threw that one into the hat)irreversible (not strictly a horror film, but horrifying all the same)sunshine - great scifi thriller with incredible visuals, cant't think of too many actually scary horrors made in recent years.

JARREFAN7's photo
Wed 07/09/08 03:17 AM
you're gonna need a bigger boat

JARREFAN7's photo
Wed 07/09/08 02:42 AM
there's a Korean flick called A Tale of Two Sisters which is really creepy.
Audition from Takeshi Miike is pretty intense - a bit slow to get going but its worth it.
kevin Smith movies are prety funny especially Clerks 1 and 2, Chasing Amy is a very funny foul mouthed rom com (sort of)
i agree on the japanese Ring waaay better than the not bad remake